Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Goodluck Hopedance :flower:

I have had pre-term delivery by section at 29 weeks due to PET and managed to get 2 steriod shots in beforehand...but not got any experience of the GD!!

Have they got you on Labetalol?

How is everyone else doing?

hi ladies! Archie's out of ITU and now in HDU!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

He's now 4lb 4 and cycling off cpap - managed 8 hours off today on a flow of 0.03 vs 0.1 on Monday!!! he's on around 20-24% when on cpap which is amazing given he was on 50% 3-4 weeks ago... so proud of my wee bubba :wohoo:

here's a pic of me with the kids... 'kids' loving that!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92666110@N00/6070187805/

Dawn x

:hi: Hi everyone! I had my 20 week scan today, everything looked good, and baby was cooperating wonderfully! The gender was confirmed, and there's no doubt he's a boy. :haha: Elias got to see his little brother too, and was quite interested for a little bit before he fussed then fell asleep. :)

https://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z427/KrystyMoore/Ultrasound-1.jpg

well done archie :) both ur kids are gorgeous dawn :D

congrats on team :blue: srrme xx

congrats Dawn :)

yes I am on labetalol, on my third dose increase in about 10 days lol. things seem to be pretty steady now though so I am confident about making it to my c-section date. Only 10 sleeps to go!!

Archie is a doll Dawn!!! He is so tiny. What is blessing! Both children are darlings.

I lost my mucus plug over last weekend and i thought for sure i was having cervical changes from the cramps i was feeling. I had an PB appt on tuesday and i am so thrilled that i am still closed. I am only 30% effaced. At this time last pregnany, i was almost 3cm dilated and 60%effaced. I had my GD testing that day too and i failed but not by much. So i go in tomorrow for the 3 hr testing. I am not looking forwards to it but it has to be done. Hope everyone is doing great. After 5 premature babies, i really hope this one makes it to term!!!

So glad to hear that corrie anne!

*dashes off to tidy up the thread while i have a chance!*

Corrie Anne, when are you due hun? x I cant do the maths - hopeless lol :rofl:
Oh and same for Srrme!!!

Lottie what exact gestation was Iona when she was born?

Theres a few names that havent updated, but will have given birth by now. I have dropped them off but if you want to update the thread feel free and I'll pop you on the list .

Corrie Anne, when are you due hun? x I cant do the maths - hopeless lol :rofl:
Oh and same for Srrme!!!

Lottie what exact gestation was Iona when she was born?

Theres a few names that havent updated, but will have given birth by now. I have dropped them off but if you want to update the thread feel free and I'll pop you on the list .

I'm due the 14th of January. :kiss:

Hi ladies, I'm pregnant with baby no. 2 and have just had a consultant app at hospital due to my son was born 35 + 3 days born 5lb 2oz. I have been referred for my low bmi aswell being 17.4 and that is a risk apparently to the pregnancy.

Anyway, cut a long story short I've been offered to join the 'OPPTIMUM' study, I'll get a swab done and find out if I'm at high risk or low of going into preterm labour again and if so I'll ve given a tablet with progesterone in can help? Let me know if any have heard from this

Hi there

My DS was born at 34 +5 due to placenta failure at 32wks I am due on the 7th Dec and really starting to freak out about the chances of another prem, my consultant not helping me at all and I am gonna have to ask for a second opinion as they won't enter a discussion about steroid injections yet? We had such a traumatic time with my son that I really don't want to got through this again, the consultant who wouldn't give me the steroids with my son is the one that I am under again but when everything went wrong last time she was on holiday and he was delivered after 5 days in hospital by emergency c-section by her replacement who was angry that I hadn't received them??

Thanks for listening
Xxxx

can u not change consultant hun? or even hospital? :hugs: i hope they give u the help u want soon xx

hows everyone else doing? xx

Unfortunately I can't change hospital but praying the consultant through some form of miracle will listen on the 19th September. My last apt I freaked out and broke down as she said what form of birth are you having I said c-section due to last time and she had the cheak to say that will be at 39wks no earlier so see ya in Dec!!!!!! She hadn't even bothered to read my notes I couldn't believe it... gutted,,...

When are you due honey or are you a guessing game too?

Xxx

Hi ladies, I'm pregnant with baby no. 2 and have just had a consultant app at hospital due to my son was born 35 + 3 days born 5lb 2oz. I have been referred for my low bmi aswell being 17.4 and that is a risk apparently to the pregnancy.

Anyway, cut a long story short I've been offered to join the 'OPPTIMUM' study, I'll get a swab done and find out if I'm at high risk or low of going into preterm labour again and if so I'll ve given a tablet with progesterone in can help? Let me know if any have heard from this

i did it in my last pregnancy, the trial originates from my hospital. Thing is theres no guarantee it is progesterone - it could be a placebo but its the closest we'll get to getting it!
The swabs are done every few weeks. Not fun but worth it. Remember a negative is more reliable than a positive. and things like sex all affect it!

I had 3/4 positives, from 22 weeks onwards. At first I cried and was frightened but the scans showed baby was going no-where! When I got my 3rd positive i started to think "ahhh...so what!"

Tori came at 40+2!

gemini and starchase would you like me to put you on our first page? Let me know your due dates x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->