Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

starchase - im not pregnant any more hun. i had my little boy in february. :thumbup:

altho i kinda wanna be preg again :dohh:

Hi ladies, I'm pregnant with baby no. 2 and have just had a consultant app at hospital due to my son was born 35 + 3 days born 5lb 2oz. I have been referred for my low bmi aswell being 17.4 and that is a risk apparently to the pregnancy.

Anyway, cut a long story short I've been offered to join the 'OPPTIMUM' study, I'll get a swab done and find out if I'm at high risk or low of going into preterm labour again and if so I'll ve given a tablet with progesterone in can help? Let me know if any have heard from this

hi there, i was offered this and took it up when my fetal fibronectin test was positive at 22 and 24 weeks. i had the pessary, but don't know if it was progesterone or a placebo... unfortunately, it didn't make any difference to me and I gave birth at 25w this time. Sandi has already replied and her story is quite different... I think my cervix wasn't strong enough...and short at 25mm, think that was a huge factor...

good luck, hope this helps. :flower:

hi all, DS2, Jacob Benjamin was born last week at 34+3 (6th september), weighing 5lbs 13oz. He's just moved from HDU to LDU this afternoon and we are hoping to have him home with us by the end of the week.

He's just been changed to 3 hourly feeds, alternative bottle/breast and tube feeds. As soon as he can tolerate all bottles and start gaining weight again (he's been losing since going 3 hourly) then he can come home.

CONGRATULATIONS HOPEDANCE!!!!!!! :happydance: great to hear he's doing so well!!!

Congratulations Hopedance...and welcome to the world Jacob :happydance:

Hi Ladies

I just got home from ward yesterday baby diagnosed with IUGR due to restrictive blood flow in the cord. I have CTG today and tomo then further scans on Monday has anyone got any advice or experience of this.

Thanks
Xxx

congratulations hopedance, hopefully have your new baby home soon such a great weight too xx

starchase - not sure what help I can be my little one was 3lb 11 at 33+4 weeks and diagnosed with IUGR at birth but I had pre-eclampsia as well he is not a very healthy 2 and a half year old and very tall which compensates well for his weight. Every day baby stays put at this stage helps them to store and lay down fat and you may have regular growth scans they will try and leave baby in your tum for as long is its safe. Hoping you get to go the distance hun. Good luck xx

I'm 23 weeks today. :happydance:

Congratulations on your little one, hopedance!

Hey everyone :wave:

Hope you are all keeping okay.

Dani what's the crack lady! I seen your bump
Pic, I'm just blown away by how fast time has gone with you all!!!

Tori's a chunk, dunno her actual weight, but she's going in 6-9 months clothes :cry: THIS IS NOT MY idea of NORMAL :rofl:

:rofl: my bump has got huge!!!!!!!!!!!!! This pregnancy seems to be flying by, and has so far *fingers crossed* been problem free...how long that will continue for I don't know!

Alex and Tori look so cute together from their photos! It is weird having a termie and seeing them grow out of clothes that they have only worn once, it still baffles me now :wacko:

Some days I really question myself, my bond with Reagan seems so so different to the one I have with Amber, is that 'normal'? :cry:

Yes I presume it is, because I feel the same. I wish I could explain, they are both very different.

weather you're going to have a second premie depends on why you had a premie in the first place. In my case they're wathing me very closely to see weather I have a problem with my cervix and lo heartrate as both ds and dd had low heartrate and with both my cervix opened prematurely they think that possibly it was just because I got preg with dd right away after having ds all things said talk to your doc and they will most likely watch closely to avoid another premie

well ladies, sorry i am so rarely on here, but now on the countdown to Saturday when Archie comes home!!! I am rooming in on Thu and Fri and all being well, he comes home on Sat with oxygen fixed at 0.2. 6 days before due date, spookily enough the same as his sister... so excited :dance:

hope you are all good, and lovely to hear of all the growing bumps!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->