Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Congrats dawn! That's fab news! I was wondering how you were doing, I was up @ neonatal the other week!

Thank you for your support for the simpsons special care babies btw :cloud9:

That's brilliant news that Archie is coming home!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

well were now 20 weeks and having a boy yeah!!!! Not as disappointed as I thought id be as I was sure it was a girl - I will miss the opportunity to name my little girl Sarah Elizabeth after my gran who sadly passed away last month and were not planning on having anymore BUT...........so far so good growth scans to start at 28 weeks and take it from there xx

Congrats on your blue bump bumpsmum! I did have a similar reaction tbh but omg, I wouldnt change it for the world now!

Congrats on your blue bump :happydance:

Back over to the hospital for me this morning, I managed to talk the doctors into letting me come home at 11pm...the registrar seems to think I need to be in there 3 times a week for monitoring and traces...so after they have sorted things this morning I am asking to see my own consultant...that is just being way too scare mongering, I never even had that level of monitoring with Amber and my BP started going high lower on with her :growlmad:

Hi all

Congrats on team blue bumpsmom,.. x

Well I am still in limbo unfortunately,.. I went to the scheduled growth scan on Monday and they decided as the registrar had done it on Frid they would just concentrate on the blood flow through the placenta and cord, I did say to them that the growth scan was not done as a proper scan as the dr was looking for a problem and when he found it he just concentrated on the cord restriction not the growth scan.

Well basically what has happened now is he measured baby head and abdominal circumfrance and that was it!!! No femur no head to rump nothing.. The worst bit is yet to come though.. when I went for the consultant review after the scan she told me she was a healthy good sized baby and everything was fine I ended up breaking down and she then started being straight with me telling me that today she is fine but due to the restrictions she was watching me like a hawk this made me feel better. I go back on Monday for further doppler scan of blood flow and then we will discuss the steroids and they only give them once at my hospital..

Well last night I was still confused by the whole good sized baby comments and healthy, I double checked her notes... I can't believe it the dr on Friday has mucked up her chart he logged her measurements into 27wk column rather than 29 wk column she is not just below the 50 centile she is just on the 5th centile and when I inputted her 20wk scan results she has always been on the 5th centile... unfortunately I don't have the femur nor the full measurement to see if she is ok?

What sort of weight should I expect for a 32wker 5th centile baby?

Xxxx

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi :hi:. Feels like I don't get time to come in to this section as much as I'd like anymore.
To anyone who doesn't know me, Molly wa born at 29 weeks due to severe Preeclampsia. She came home a month befoer her due date so she did really well. She came home on oxygen for about a month or so because se was too stubborn to give it up lol.
I've just had my forst consultant appointment this pregnancy, and when he did the doppler scan, he found nothing on one of my uterine arteries. He has started me on asprine daily, adn will see me again oin four weeks. He made it sound like his is no big deal, but he went on to mention steroids at 26 weeks etc, so I'm a bit worried now. Is is normal for this typre of thing to show up this early in pregnancy if I'm going to get Preeclampsia again? I'm starting to prepare for another preemie.

Hey Embojet :wave:

Your story is so very similar to mine...My first was born at 29 weeks due to severe and sudden onset of pre-eclamptic toxemia, no prior notice, all midwive appointments up until my instinct kickedf in that something wasn't right had gone fine, they delivered her by emergency section.

Fast forward 4 and a bit years later and I was pregnant again...under the consultant, who put me on a combination of 75mg aspirin and calcium daily...I had a uterine artery doppler at 24 weeks which is when the best time is picked up to tell if there was any notching on the blood flow that would indicate the chances of PET occuring again...in my case it showed the placenta had a good chance of carrying the pregnancy all the way...my BP did start rising around 26 weeks, they controlled it with Labetalol and kept adjusting the dose etc, I had 4 weekly growth scans...

PET did get me again, but not until 38+5, so they delivered the next morning...hope that helps a little bit, the chances of getting pre-e are always present in subsequent pregnancies, BUT it can happen much later on :thumbup:

I had 2 appointments this week, one with my normal OB and another with my high risk OB. Everything looks good, including my cervix. :D I'm getting a fFN test at 26 weeks though. Has anyone else had this?

oh god yeah, ive had them with Tori every 2 weeks from 22 weeks, take them with a pinch of salt. i had loads of positives and none of them came to anything. They normally get followed up with a cervical length scan.

Negatives are reliable though. ;)

They are generally only available through trials here because they arent that fab. But anythings worth it as you know!

oh god yeah, ive had them with Tori every 2 weeks from 22 weeks, take them with a pinch of salt. i had loads of positives and none of them came to anything. They normally get followed up with a cervical length scan.

Negatives are reliable though. ;)

They are generally only available through trials here because they arent that fab. But anythings worth it as you know!

Oh okay! I have bi-weekly cervical length scans.

What's the test like? Is it similar to a pap smear? :wacko:

Yup, im afraid its just like that ;) They take a swab (dont worry its not intrusive and wont set u off or anything!) It gets put in a lil machine, and in about half hour/hour can tell you if if its positive or negative.

It's a smear test here hunny xxx

Ah, see im in Scotland, we can have em from 21 I think. Although I defiantly have had one before 21!!?? Can't remember why...

Embojet

Sounds like they are just airing on the side of caution due to the severity of your PreE. I see the midwife next week at 22 weeksw then nothing til 28 weeks :shrug: when consultant wants to start growth scans. No medication or anything yet and only BP checked at midwife which I was surprised by I expectedregular visit to msternity unit already but I guess thats a good thing. I had to finish work at 30 weeks as I was so ill and had intended working on this time but hubby has a new job and am thinking of winding work down to 30 weeks (also im struggling for sitters as hubby now working away :blush:) xx

Embojet

Sounds like they are just airing on the side of caution due to the severity of your PreE. I see the midwife next week at 22 weeksw then nothing til 28 weeks :shrug: when consultant wants to start growth scans. No medication or anything yet and only BP checked at midwife which I was surprised by I expectedregular visit to msternity unit already but I guess thats a good thing. I had to finish work at 30 weeks as I was so ill and had intended working on this time but hubby has a new job and am thinking of winding work down to 30 weeks (also im struggling for sitters as hubby now working away :blush:) xx

Thanks, I've stopped worrying so much now. Like you say, think they are just airing on the side of caution. Glad things are going well for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->