Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

I had 2 appointments this week, one with my normal OB and another with my high risk OB. Everything looks good, including my cervix. :D I'm getting a fFN test at 26 weeks though. Has anyone else had this?

Hey guys just thought I'd check in here :)
I chatted with my consultant last week about this - I'm not having anymore cerivx scans due to it being 42-44ms each time I've been scanned which means def not incompetent yey and he doesn't scan past 24 weeks for that if there isn't a problem detected before. If it's short/incompetent it will show up before 24 weeks he reckons. I'm also not doing the fFN as I've had a look at the info out there and I'm not convinced it's of any real use other than to stress you out for 2 weeks if you get a positive! Totally interested to read AtomicPink's thoughts there with the positives and negatives so thanks hunny x

All in all he reckons 10-15% chance of a repeat performance this time, which I think are pretty good odds.

Jamie has basically been discharged today which is fab :)

In all honesty I done the ffn for two reasons

- to help towards the trial
- to ease my mind and fill the gaps in between consultant and midwife appointments. It was reassuring that I was having more care. Even if I was on knife edge every two weeks. The negatives were wonderful feelings though.

I am unsure why ffn tests are used otherwise tbh as they are that hit/miss

I think one reason it is used at the moment is collecting data for the trials?
Did you do anything different those weeks you got a positive?
I'm getting a bag together just in case I need to go in early this time but generally trying to keep my stress levels down this pregnancy.

In the weeks I got a positive one was probably down to sex. I think the first one. So we started a 1 week sex ban each time a ffn was coming up :rofl: yup, sex makes a positive!

I feel rather weird talking about that.... :rofl:

Apart from that I did absolutly nothing different. Physically I couldnt because I had little miss Alex running me ragged. So I just had to get on with things. Unless OH was off, I never ever had any help.

I guess it's cos sex jiggles everything round so the stuff it's measuring is a bit looser! lol!!
That's interesting though - cos if getting a positive doesn't mean anything changes, I'd rather be prepared anyway iyswim? I'm finding this baby tons more comfy to carry even at this stage than Jamie who was kicking and stamping on my cervix and bladder from around 18 weeks and after all the tests probably the reason he was early was a simple as that I've been told!

It's actually the semen that makes it positive ;) niiiiice

hiya can i join u all pls my preemie mason ds2 isnt with me no more he sadley grew his wings on the 13th of july last yr at 6 weeks old he was born at 33+5 on th 1st of june 3lb4oz and im now 27+5 with dd2 would love some support xxxx

Hi dolly!!!

When is your due date?

Hoping your rainbow baby goes to term! Mason will be looking out for you!

Sandi xxxxx

thankyou i hope so but i realy feel im not gonna make it to term iv already had a scare at 25 weeks were i was getting strong pains and had my show they found i had a lil bit of a water infection wich was cousing it but luckely when they scanned me i wasnt dilating an my cervix was fine (realy dont trust that though) but the ladies scanning me asked if i was getting regular scans becouse of my last pregnancy i said no becouse verythink was fine at my 20week scan then they said well u are gonna need regular growth scans from now on as she is measuring small i then went bk to the ward i was staying on waited the rest of the day for the doctor to come see me she was busy on labour ward when i did see her she was like your cervix was fine on scan wich i already new an that i could go home wich i was glad about but then i was like what about her size she's small dont i need another a scan the doctor just brushed it off an was like iv told the mw to book you for antinatel apointment in 4 weeks an left it was only when i went home an had my notes with me i looked at the scan report an saw that her efw was 3rd centile the lowest thats lower than i remember masons being and they was gonna induce me with him well that was a few weeks ago and im worried sick about her weight all that keeps popping in my mind is iugr an how that needs to be monitered carfully iv got an apointment with my mw but its not till wednesday once she see's the scan report i no she will get me booked for another scan asap but still cant help but worrie im lucky that this lil one is an active baby and im always getting lots of kicks but still keep getting pains :( she is so low down and atm iv got a chest infection so every time i cough im getting very sharp pains down there and every sice my show its like iv got a cold down there sorry about tmi so i no your mucas plug can replenish but its coming strait bk out xx

Hi dolly :wave:

I hope everyone is keeping okay?

hiya you&me im gd thanks how are u? im 28 weeks today :) since my scare at 25 weeks every extra week i get exited lol got a chest infection atm though and its driving me mad iv got iu so each cough triggers of the pains so i end up having them most of the time plus she is so low that i get a sharp pain down there every time i cough but im ok with pain and although i worrie i no if its labour ill no as i did with my last hows your pregnancy going? xx

eveneing all just passing through.

Welcome dolly hope you have a LONG and healthy pregnancy.

I have 22 week check tomo with midwife then nothing til 28 weeks which im a bit concerned about, might ask if midwife can slot me in in even 4 weeks for extra peace of mind. Had a bit of pain in right rib area, last time they told me it was just baby's feet digging in my ribs but this bub is very low down no where near ribs and know that pain is something to watch out for with pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome.

Have been really brethless so hoping its just lungs getting squished into my ribs rather than anything more sinister will def mention tomo tho xx

good luck with ur check hunny! xxxx

Hello everyone i thought its about time i join you guys instead of lurking around
Soo abit of history only brief, with my ds i went into labour without my waters breaking or anything just strong contractions so i went into hospital and during my first night they put me on a hormone drip to try and slow the labour down and gave me two steroid shots ouch but soo worth it and was ready to send me home the next day cos they thought everything had stopped but little did they know he would arrive the next day at 11.05pm at bang on 34weeks, we had to stay in hosp for four weeks,
Soo here i am again with my 2nd bubs on the way hoping it doesnt arrive early, i dont know if i will have any special care or anything but will find out at my 20week scan, just thought id give you some info so you know who this lurker is :hugs: good luck to you all xxx

Hi nimoo- I can add you to the first page if you let me know your due date. Once on the laptop ;)

Hey and thanks atomicpink my edd is 6th march :D

Thank you hunny! Will update everyone's due dates when I catch a min xxx hope everyones doing ok!!

Hey, desperatly wanting another baby here, its gonna be in the next year but im kinda putting off abit , last baby now 12.5 month was born at 28 + 2. first baby born at term, TERRIFIED of it happening again!!!

Hey Vicky! Give yourself time to be ready :hugs: a few of us have managed (including myself) so it is possible. We'll all be right behind u anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->