Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

My original plan was wait until Emily was 2.... i know i wont get that far, i have applied for University so now the plan is look at the applications, if i get accepted i will prob defer for 12 months and have a baby first.... otherwise ill spend my first year waiting fr the year end to have another and worrying about the what ifs

hey everyone had my 20 week scan today everything was fine and baby looks nice and healthy but very shy but in the end found out we are team :pink: i am soo happy and lucky then went to see the consultant about my previous preemie and said that they are just going to leave me and see how everything goes because there was nothing wrong with my cervix or womb or to do with how i dilated last time and it was just because my body felt it was time, as i went into labour just like every other full term baby would, so they said obviously if it happens again to get straight down to hosp to get steriod shots and everything else done asap! and that i should expect that it MIGHT happen again cos it did last time soo it looks like im just going to have to go with the flow and booked me to be seen again at 36weeks
(hope that made some sort of sense)

hows everyone else doing? :D

Hi all, thought Id pop in. Caleb was born at 36w + 4 and now im pg again. I didnt realise until last wednesday that I had moderate pre eclampsia with him. I know I get frequent urine in my wee and my bp varies.
Im thinking I will have to be carefull this time also. Hoping I can go to 38 weeks at least due to being diabetic xx

Hope all goes well for you Pink. If you let the lovely AtomicPink know your due date she'll add you onto page 1 :)

^what the lovely lottie said, and congrats!

just passing through and pleased to say I have nothing to report lol no news is great news in a high risk pregnancy eh?

Very tired, no EXHAUSTED but running around after a toddler doesnt help but so far no swelling, no upper gastric pain or anything to indicate the PRE-E starting again. Only another 3 weeks til I get to see my wee fella again when I get my first growth scan - just hoping my trips to the maternity unit as less frequent than last time - god knows how you other ladies managed/manage it! xx

ps.welcome Pink another pre-e sufferer we can compare notes :dohh: xx

my edd is june 13 2012 but will be a week or 2 before as Im diabetic. x

Thought I would pop in to give a small update. :)

I'm no longer having bi-weekly cervix length checks. My cervix was "borderline" 4 weeks measuring around 3.01 centimeters, but did not show any change this past Friday during my last appointment, and the Peri said it looked good.

However, my little man is measuring small. Boo. He's in the 20th percentile, and weighed approximately 2 pounds and 1 ounce. They're not worried though, since he's not below the 10th percentile, and the placenta and blood flow looked good, but they're going to check him again at 30 weeks.

Today is the gestation that I went into labor with Elias, but so far so good with this little guy. Hoping to keep it up. :D

You're doing fab Srmme! I dont think his weight is too much to be worried about either though but im glad they will monitor you! xxx

i cant believe how quick that has gone you&me, i remember seeing the ticker and now look at it xx

I know Pink :wacko: I just caught sight of the ticker too and had complete panic!!

My BP is being kept stable by the labetalol, still on a lowish dose, so looks like I may just avoid Pre-e this time around and actually make my elective section date!!

My OB didn't like the fact that my cervix measured 26 mm last time, and gave me another fFN test which was negative. :thumbup:

wel............l I had to schedule a midwife appointment today (not due to be seen for another fortnight) the dreaded swelling has started to set in, mostly my face and hands, im in agony during the night and first thing in the morning with pins and needles in my hands so have been referred to physio for Carpel Tunnel.

Luckily my protein was clear, and got a good strong heartbeat, my BP was raised slightly compared to other checks although so far still in the normal range at 122/82. Strange thing was when midwife used cuff on my right arm (really painful arm/hand) it was 132/84 must be the swelling :shrug:

Anyhoo she was happy to leave things til I see the consultant at 28 weeks but stressed he do the U&E's bloods as my BP was fine up until day before Matthew was born but my Eurate (liver enzymes) were through the roof.................

A little worrying that things are starting earlier this time but at least Ill be monitored more, gonna take rest of week off sick and try and rest and not worry about it, look like mr staypuff from ghostbusters so doubt id be venturing far anyway :dohh: xx

I hope it doesn't turn into pre-e bumpsmum, or if it does it holds out til much longer like mine did second time around, I developed PIH but the pre-e didn't get me til a week before due date, so fingers crossed...do they have you on aspirin and calcium?

thanks hun, nope im not on a single thing which I find strange tbh I was only offered the Labetalol last time when my BP hit the roof and got the steroid shots and was on them for 6 weeks after birth xx

Maybe your hospitals work differently in Scotland?...but by the NICE guidelines our hospitals go on the policy of anyone with history of pre-eclampsia should be treated from 12 weeks until delivery with a minimum of aspirin, my consultant also gives me the calcium, although no research has shown the calcium to be successful as of yet in prevention.

Hi,

I am Felicity. I am 9 weeks and feeling really good, apart from I am unable to sleep pretty much at all.

I had my LO at 31 weeks in my last pregnancy, lucky because he wouldn't have gone to full term x

hi all, had scan today and beanie is doing fine, unless anything changes i will be planned in for a c-section at 38 weeks xx

hi ladys :) :) hope u and ure lil ones are all good :thumbup: i was just wondering how long after ure prems did u ttc again or fall pregnant my lil 1 was born at 30 weeks and he is 4 months old 2 months corrected and im sooooo broody already xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->