Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

glad scan went well pink and looking good for a section at 38 weeks xx

I wanted another baby rightaway but mental health issues kicked in and had to be dealth with first. We did leave things to 'fate' for almost a year tho before we decided to go for it seriously and caught on the the first month - just sheer luck really.

Only thing Id say is depending on your previous birth if you have had a section they recommend a full year recovery between births but by time you go tpreg etc should be ok :thumbup: good luck!

Well.....................I feel like SH*T today, totally knackered stayed in and did nothing for 4 days and mananged a light stroll round town yest and a pub meal (alcohol free ob) and feel like I have just ran a marathon!!! Going back to work tomo will see if I last a full week lol not due to be seen by anyone til 15th but if my face or hands swell anymore or headaches persist despite paracetamol ill be going in sooner. Seriously thought id have more monitoring or medicated in some form by now its quite worrying. Have even started to put bits and bobs together for my hospital bag in case im admitted anytime soon! fx I dont. I have my head wrapped around the possibility of another early baby BUT NOT THIS EARLY!! I really feel for those of you who have had such early babys xx

I'm almost 31 weeks. :happydance: Baby is measuring small still, and I have to have NST weekly though. :(

Our little boy didn't want to wait around for his elective section date (21st Nov...due date 27th) and was delivered by emergency section on Tuesday 8th November 2011 at 16:29 due to Pre-eclamptic Toxemia at 37weeks +1 day after an eventful night spent on the high dependency unit...weighing 7lbs 15.5ozs...we both came home thursday evening, he is feeding well and just perfect!!

Mitchell Allan Coates (aka Mitch)

Attachments

• Mitch.jpg
    Mitch.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 5
Congrats he is just so gorgeous well done on getting so far xx

Congratulations again! Mitch is just gorgeous, what do the girls think of him?

How are you feeling? Xx

:wave:

I was due on the 10th December but my yellow bump arrived early on 5th November and turned out to be a blue bump.

Isaac Ivor didn't want to miss out on the Bonfire Celebrations :).

He weighed 6lb 14 :). Fair big baby for him being 5 weeks early.

He's still in NICU was sent straight down for breathing problems and then got jaundice due to the forceps marks. He just needs to finish suckling a full bottle and then the feeding tube will be taken away :).

Attachments

• November 048.jpg
    November 048.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2
Congrats hawalkden. I hope he does well with bottles! You might want to put your post in the VIP thread though- this is for ladies who are pregnant after a preemie xx

Congrats Dani!!! Mitch is gorgeous!!!
Just wondering after a recent discussion - is he being classed as premature? Some girls have mentioned their 37+1 babies as preemies this week :dohh:

Aww congrats Isaac is a wee cutie

Well we had to do our first in scheduled trip to labour ward as one side of my face was very swollen and numb and just felt like poop still do! all checks were ok except blood work my eurate levels were 0.33 high end of noah is 0.35 so sadly it's on the inevitable increase I'm due to see consultant on tue so they were happy to discharge me til then.

THink that is me officially off work I can self cert one more week so may as well take it xx

Oh and my hands are massive and sore hence all the spelling mistakes x

:wacko: Term is 37 weeks???? I get so cross when people refer to 37 weekers as preemies, they aren't!! If Mitch had of been a preemie I very much doubt I would have walked out of the hospital with him the same day I was discharged...I would never class a 37 weeker who other than jaundice from being a teeny bit earlier is perfectly fine in the same catagory as a premature baby with serious health issues and battling every day. :cry: Bloody attention seekers I reckon!!

Heya Lottie :wave: glad Iona is recovering well after her needed surgery...how are you?

The girls love Mitch, Reagan keeps telling him she loves him, and Amber goes between kissing his head to pulling herself up using his moses basket...with him in it and yelling 'babyyyyyyyyyy' in his face!! :haha:

I just wondered y'know? Apparently docs are using that terminology sometimes :shock: If Tori was 37 weeks and they said that I'd prob blow my nut :rofl:

I love love LOVE his name

37 weeks is term. it annoys me too. jaiden was 37+3 n ppl have said oh hes premature then. eeerrrr no.

The terminology is there for a reason ykwim? Thats not to say termies don't have issues but saying they r prem kinda undermines what we have to go through. :shrug:

Sorry to derail Dani I just wondered xx

my mw said to me if u go on hospital and u want a waterbirth and ur 36+6 she wont allow u to go in the pool but if its one day later they let u.

they have to have a cut off point sumwhere dont they?

Congratulations, you&me! Mitch is beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->