Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Mitch is doing good :flower: thanks for asking...although we are due the Health Visitor any second now, so will upload pictures...she is saying as he is still a bit jaundice and today is day 14 she might refer him to the peads at hospital for a blood test....apparently because he was born at 37, and by c-section, and is breastfed...all those things supposedly stack against him in the jaundice moving quickly (her words) :cry:

Hey Lianne, how are you?

I told her I didn't want to take him in for a blood test :haha: I believe the jaundice is passing and is much better than it was...so she said she would ring the paediatrician...he has allowed us another week on 'yellow watch' (as they call it) for it to pass completely, if there are still signs of it then we will have to go over...he is gaining weight however, feeding well, alert and his bowel movements don't indicate an underlying liver problem, so am thinking it will go away completely within this next week...fingers crossed!!

Glad to hear he is coming on a treat u know your baby best and I'm sure it will settle Matthew was still on 'yellow watch' at 5 weeks and was fine

Well growth scan for us went well baby appears to be on target at 29 weeks roughly 2lb 7 woo hoo however elevated BP and ++ in my urine earned me a stint in daycare for my sins. Now under weekly monitoring registrar said if my BP raised above 96 (diastolic bottom no) they may introduce aspirin or labetalol it was 91 today and urate levels borderline so feel like its just a matter of time now! AND this is the 2nd app I never seen my own consultant what's the point of having a named person if u need to go thru everything all over again each app grrr rant over lol x

im good thanks dani. im glad hes ok hun. im sure it will pass. sometimes they look yellow, i remember takin jaiden out when he was 3 days old and under certain lights he looked very very yellow. but he was fine!

i hope everyone else is ok.

dawn is ur LO home now?

Hi ladies...it's been ages! You&me...CONGRATS...Im so sorry it's so late!!!!

I haven't been on here in ages!

I hope you are all well!!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Years in case I am not back again for months! :hugs:

Update!

I've made it to 34 weeks! :happydance: I didn't expect to make it this far. It's 5 weeks longer than I went with Elias! :)

I had a growth scan yesterday, and he's now in the 36th percentile, and weighs approximately 4 pounds 6 ounces. He's now considered "average" instead of "small" which I am very happy about. Everything seems to be going well, except for the fact the little booger is breech. If he's still breech in 2 weeks, the Doctor is going to try to turn him, if that's unsuccessful I might have to have a C-Section. :cry:

congrats on gettin to 34 weeks hun.

i hope he turns for u xx

hello ladies and merry christmas!!!:flower:

sorry haven't posted for far too long, been in the twilight zone of sleep deprivation as Archie has been home for 11 weeks now :happydance:

he is doing great, now off oxygen during the day, just on at night, is 11lb 7 and is still being breastfed, which I'm so chuffed about!!! we are loving having him home, and he has just started smiling, cooing and having a chat with us...

so lovely to read all of your updates, congrats to all those who have had their lo, and best wishes to all those still waiting!

here is a couple of recent pics of the wee man...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92666110@N00/6495191203/in/photostream

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92666110@N00/6495183757/in/photostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/92666110@N00/6432784457/in/photostream/

take care all, and have a fab festive season.

Love Dawn xx

I made it to 35 weeks before Fenix decided to arrive.

both ur kids are gorgeous dawn - merry christmas :)

srme - congratulations on the birth of Fenix xx

Well we got as far as 30+4 and Daniel was born on 1st dec weighing 3lb 6 he was ventilated for a few days but a combo of CPAP and vapotherm which he came off altogether today, hopefully for good this time he is almost back at his birth weight and just a wee treasure x

Congratulations Srrme on the birth of Fenix :flower:

Congratulations Bumpsmum on the birth of Daniel :flower:

Hello:xmas3: i'm new to this thread.
I have 2 girls (13 and 8) who were full term and Elliot - nearly 4, born at 35 weeks, Alexander - 2, born at 34 weeks. My 5th child, Edward, was born at 32 weeks on August 6th this year. We lost him aged 4 weeks 5 days - still waiting for final pm results in March but expect a verdict of SIDS. (cot death)
Since Edward died we've been TTC again and am now 6 weeks pregnant. Still very early!! As my babies seem to be getting more and more prem, i'm really scared about what may happen this time round:shrug:

Sending hugs Nicola I'm sure beanie is snuggling in and that the hospital will keep a close eye on you x x

Thanks Pink, I have a scan on Thursday so FX all will be well. Will update when i'm back!!

Thanks Agiboma. Wow!! congratulations on the weight loss, pretty impressive!

Thanks, ladies! Fenix came home on the 30th of December and is doing fabulous. Big brother is a bit jealous, but I'm glad to have both of my boys home!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->