Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

So lovely that you were able to go back to the NICU, and he has come so far. Must bring back the fears though.

Are you resting (as much as you can with a two year old)?

I think I might as to speak to a NICU doctor if I can get an appointment, just to reassure me.

To be honest i am all over the map with emotions about NNICU i just dont know what to think, @ times its like its not that bad then other times im like no no i cant deal with it again. I have requested a counsellor from the high risk DR. my first appointment is on Saturday, i cant beleive im going into counselling over this pregnancy and everything is just fine SMH. Part of teh reason is to get M into daycare and they can help with that as its a 8-12 month wait list here and they can speed up the process. I hope by then ill be able to start bonding with the baby. Yesterday i did the glucose testing and drank the sugary drink LO would not stop moving kicking and doing summersaults, i was like wow, and i think thats the most emotion i have shown in this pregnancy. I beleive in my heart that ill love the baby once they arrive but the initial bonding is this pregnancy i have not been able to acheive, i dont think im a bad person its just im scared.

:hugs: hun, not a bad person at all. I did the same with Kaysie Blossom and Riley Rae after Honey died, I know it is different but many of the emotions are the same and mostly it is about protecting yourself cos you are so scared. It is normal hun.

Thought i would update. I had a stitch put in at 15+6 and I am now 31 weeks going strong. I am feelin excited finally!! Hope everyone is ok :) x

Great to hear hopeful, praying u get to go the distance xx

We are on Team :pink: i am so over the moon and in love at this moment it has finally clicked, im having a daughter.

Woo hoo :happydance::happydance: congrats on the baby girl, I'm hoping to been team pink also.

Ugggggg I guess the. Owning sickness and exhaustion has kicked in, oh the joys of pregnancy xx

Yay for team pink, so happy for you x

^^^tbh i am so excited, ill finally have a daughter to go to the salon with and girl clothes are so much nicer than boy clothing I LOVE THE COLOR PINK. This LO truely completes our family and will most likely be my last baby. Im starting to enjoy the pregnancy now and telling myself daily, where going to term, its like a mantra i repeat in my mind continiously.

Hi girls just wanted to share we went for our 12weeks scan yesterday and even though we got dated back 3days all is well! Got a nub shot and I'm convinced its a little winkle ;) hope no one minds me sharing:

https://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s513/emaritska/214916e5bdd514e255e8800220327716_zps4dfbc0f9.jpg

Lovely shot thanks for sharing does look like team :blue: but im not sure if what i think is the nub is actually the nub

Hi girls wanted to pop in and say high.
Esmae is doing well and is now having 2 meals a day. she's my little chunk lol. I think she will be like caleb once she can move about she will be a skinny minnie as she has already gone from 98% at birth to 50% now. the only thing i tend to worry about is she doesn't do anything as she is nearly 6 months i thought she might. tbh she doesn't get alot of time on floor as she still gets sicky after bottles but i know she will be ok xx

Another moan so M is scheduled to start daycare soon. Just feeling very overwhelmed and :cry: cause i am truely gonna miss him, but we need to get him in to improve his speech, any tips on how you handled letting them go.

Take a deep breath hun - I remember feeling utterly sick about it all but its all gone, she loves it, and it gives us a few hours breather. The positives outweigh the sadness you feel right now I promise. there may be tears at first but a constant routine fixes that quickly and he'll see how exciting everything is, he wont mind!

looks like I will def (finally) be monitored more carefully this time around had my first midwife appt and my bp was 120/90 borderline for so early on (have had severe pre-eclampsia twice now) it settled a bit after 15 mins but have to start going to practice nurse to get it checked ie next week......anyways within an hour of my appt the unit has been on the phone I have to attend early pregnancy clinic next week for an early scan full blood work up and possibly see the consultant!

the seriousness of all this has hit me like a brick and I'm shitting myself now....I know it will more than likely end in another preemie but I have been perfectly healthy up until 28 weeks each time the whole scenario a bit overwhelming I guess and just feeling sorry for my self.

I feel very guilty for getting pregnant (accidentally ill add) as I know the added risks. Moan over, sorry girls xx

this time around i have weekly appoinments @ the high risk clinic and also weekly ultrasound scans. Its always nice when they take the prior history seriously and treat yu accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->