Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

How are all our bumps getting on? So far so good here i have my booking appt on sun so fx my BP is behaving. I have finally spoken to my boss (mortified that while still on mat leave from baby no2 I'm preg with baby no3 oops) and decided that I won't be returning to work in jan. I have a stressful job as it without being high risk, juggling childcare etc so have lots of free time to no doubt worry myself silly but it's for the best x

Hi all! Hope you all ok? Bumpsmum I had to have same chat with my employer lol, tad embarrassing for both of us...they didn't know what to say :/
I'm now 16weeks and the size of a house....and so have been practicing my perhaps harsh but entertaining comebacks for those who comment on my size...."you're so huge.....

So is your ass.
Yes, it's almost as if I'm growing a human in there...oh wait...I am
You too, didn't realise we were due same time.....
I'm not pregnant.... ;/

Lol x

Hey all, hope all are well. I saw the consultant re delivery, cant believe im 35 weeks eek, i had a 5 week old by this time last pregnancy! now i dont know what to do tho, because i am having a small baby(shes just above 10th centile-not suprising as hubby and i were 5lb4) the consultant said in 3 weeks i will have another scan and if she is below the line i will have a c section, no option for vbac, or if growing well cud wait or have c section, now i dont know whether to try a vbac, he didnt seem overly bothered and wont induce me at all. Im worried they will want me to have a c section just cus she is small, but if theres nothing wrong with her and she is just small why should i have to have a c section......neva thought i wud get this far and have to make decisions!
my one plus for a c section is it wud be controlled, i wouldnt be panicing it wud go wrong etc, after having a preemie, i am so paranoid something will go wrong or ill end up with emcs and be asleep for it....im scared to have that risk
sorry, complete ramble but i kinda think preemie mums would understand my paranoia more :)

Had our 20 week scan today - all's well (and it was substantially less of an arkward sod than big-sis who just showed her backside repeatedly then shoved her hand out to block the view!) and it's another girl (which secretly we wanted for logistical - already have lots of girls' clothes and only have two bedrooms - reasons... no downer on boys there!)

Congrats dizz another girl will be lovely, we wanted our second to be a boy too for logistics all prem stuff tlc was boy, 2 bedroom etc but seeing as we gave EVERYTHING away were starting from scratch, need a bigger place, bigger car, double pram etc a wee girl would just finish off our wee family perfectly xx

Congrats on anther girly dizz!!! I have a private scan on Saturday and hoping to find out what team we are on then! Boy would be easier in terms of practicality...won't need to buy anything other than double buggy, however as this is our last a girlie would be lovely!!!

How is everyone today?

Confused, hope that bubba is behaving only one more days and your 'term' :happydance:

Have my 12 week scan on thur then we an go public lol xxq

confused! such great news to see how well you are doing!

room for a little one??

feeling petrified right now

(please don't mention on my FB if I have you on there :))

:happydance: and :hugs:
Do you know a due date doll? xxxx

August 16th!!

Freaking out a little, I need to get a Dr's appointment to refer me to the consultant to confirm my care plan, they said before I need to start aspirin at some point, but this was soon after I had Lucas so my head was up my arse and I don't remember when she said I have to start and the soonest I can get a dr's appointment is a week friday which is the 21st so I won't then hear till mid jan :( I dunno what to do :(

I think thats a lil long to wait hun if you need to start the asprin soon. Can youcontact the midwife team rather than the GP?

our midwife refuses to see you till you have seen a gp & are at least 10 weeks, she totally ignored all my symptoms of HELLP with Lucas and told me to go swim instead, so don't really trust her anyway, she is the only midwife in our practice as well.

I don't know what would happen if I tried to ring the consultant's secretary myself, explain the situation and see if the consultant would just call me to confirm, I don't know if they would be allowed to do that without a referal

firstly congrats buttonnose :happydance: Lucas is only about 6 weeks younger than Daniel so we will have similar gaps in babies 2 and 3.

I'd say start the aspirin 75mg yourself you can buy it over the counter and after all it is used for headaches etc so should be safe in the US its standard practice for at risk ladies to take it regardless of prescription. I was told as soon as I had a 'viable' pregnancy to start the aspirin, you can try calling the consultants secretary too for advice but you may be fobbed off unfortunately. Has a sample confirmed your pregnant yet? if not hand one in tomo and when u do see the GP on 21st ask to be referred to early pregnancy clinic just to double check everything is ok

I was told I'd prob be seen mostly by consultants and Midwifes at the hospital rather than in community from 16 weeks onwards as this may be possibly (likely) 3rd pre-e pregnancy.

I would dig your heels in about your useless midwife and see if one from another practice can do your routine checks you never know. With baby no 1 I was told my upper gastric pain was just baby's feet digging in it was a registrar who seen on the day of delivery saw me rubbing my ribs who ordered a platelet count but my bp spiked before the results were ready and I was sectioned and no one told me either way the results - must be nosey and ask next time I'm there xx

Hello again. Ladies. Wanted to be added to the list. Due january 14th. I am so happy to say i am 35 weeks today. I havent gotten this far since my older son born at 36 wks. Which was 5 kids ago. My last 5 were born before 35 weeks. My goal is to make it to 36 weeks.

Ahhhhhh Corrie Ann lovely to see you again and blooming! Will update when I'm back on a PC tomorrow

firstly congrats buttonnose :happydance: Lucas is only about 6 weeks younger than Daniel so we will have similar gaps in babies 2 and 3.

I'd say start the aspirin 75mg yourself you can buy it over the counter and after all it is used for headaches etc so should be safe in the US its standard practice for at risk ladies to take it regardless of prescription. I was told as soon as I had a 'viable' pregnancy to start the aspirin, you can try calling the consultants secretary too for advice but you may be fobbed off unfortunately. Has a sample confirmed your pregnant yet? if not hand one in tomo and when u do see the GP on 21st ask to be referred to early pregnancy clinic just to double check everything is ok

I was told I'd prob be seen mostly by consultants and Midwifes at the hospital rather than in community from 16 weeks onwards as this may be possibly (likely) 3rd pre-e pregnancy.

I would dig your heels in about your useless midwife and see if one from another practice can do your routine checks you never know. With baby no 1 I was told my upper gastric pain was just baby's feet digging in it was a registrar who seen on the day of delivery saw me rubbing my ribs who ordered a platelet count but my bp spiked before the results were ready and I was sectioned and no one told me either way the results - must be nosey and ask next time I'm there xx

Do you have to take aspirin?? My consultant said it can reduce the risk on pre-eclampsia which is why she wants me to take it, I am scared to take it off my back because I can't remember if she said after 12 weeks, I don't know if I take it earlier if it will increase the risk of MC, it is all so confusing!

My upper gastric pain was awful, I was on all the heart burn meds under the sun which did nothing, I slept sitting up otherwise I would wake in agony, I had high BP and awful swelling to the point I was unable to move and was told it was normal pregnancy swelling, I had brain swelling by the time they finally realised something was wrong. My last bloods before my section showed platelets of 54 which is low, they said 50 is the cut off when you can't have a spinal so I only just made it otherwise I would have had to have a general.

I had heard there is some kind of placenta scan they can do which can tell you if you are at increased risk of developing PE in the pregnancy, have you ever heard anything about that??

I started the aspirin at 7+2 via consultants advice some women are told at start ASAP but as long as your on it by say 20 weeks when pre e can start to develop should be ok, You will prob get regular grown scans from about 32 weeks all going well usually fortnightly or more they will check the blood flow etc on the umbilical cord never heard of placenta scanning but would be very effective if given

my swelling was so severe I couldn't get shoes on with both boys, with my first baby I spent the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy in DVT stockings my legs were so badly swollen I was at risk of a clot, second time around I was put on Iv anti biotics for suspected chest infection which I was later told they were really monitoring for a clot on my lungs, oh the joys of motherhood you think the worse is over when the baby is born but not always took months to recover and those 2 days in intensive care not getting to see my baby was torture.........well almost as sole destroying as been put in a room with 3 newborns and quite rightly their gushing parents!! how do Midwifes not see how much a kick in the teeth it is to share a room with a new family when your baby isn't with you GRRRR! x

Baby Sapphire born today at 7.03pm at 37+4. VBAC success. 7lbs 8oz. Will do birth story when home x

Congratulations hopeful.

BN, many of the recurrent miscarrige girls start from BFP. However my careplan is from heartbeat as the professors I am under (who run an implantation clinic, so I believe they know their stuff) say it can (and this is a direct quote from their email to me) 'We advise against taking aspirin in the veryearly stages of pregnancy as it may interfere
with the preparation of the lining of the womb for pregnancy.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->