Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

i had my midwife appointment today and am measuring 4 weeks behind, i cant believe it, at my last appt a diff midwife put me measuring as 31 weeks but i could feel she was obviously measuring from rele low down, so knew it wasnt that much, however today i measure 29 weeks, im a day off 33 :( i have a scan tomorrow, plz wish me luck, i cant go thru this again

Thinking of you so much confused and praying it is baby's position rather than size causing the bump to be four weeks behind. Try to hold it in your thoughts that the measuring the bump is not accurate, and also remember that what ever happens you are already three weeks further than you were with Michael.

Having said all that, I am not belittling the terror you must be feeling right now. It must feel like deja vu. Holding your hand :hugs:

thankas tasha, yeah feeling of dejavu, shes even been a little quiet for a couple of days exactly like michael was, i worry more about him, where will he go? i wont be able to visit her all the tiem cus of him etc, obviouslky getting ahead of myself but its so hard not to

@ confused sorry you are going through this again. I really hope its just positioning like Tasha said and the scan will show baby measuring correctly. Sending you positive energy.

:hugs: bump measures are never correct, will be thinking of you tomo :hugs: xx

confused87com I hope everything goes ok and you get some reassurance today xxxx

it went really well thankyou guys, i cant believe it. I knew packing my bag wud mean that i wudnt need it lol :) measuring fine, small, just above 10th centiles, but she has always been there so they are happy! :) iam so relieved, it was so easy to worry after michael but this one is about 4 lb now!

Fantastic update, so pleased for you x

Pleased to hear it went well, 4lber eh you must be well chuffed!

Just back from practice nurse with a resting BP of 126/76 so delighted its came down significantly xx

Another Moan!!!! So M is going into daycare, I got the letter from his Neonatologist, which reminded me of how premature he was and his lingering speech issues. So he is going into daycare as a special needs child:cry:. Ummm how did it come to this. Thought all was suppose to be well when he turned 2, well thats not the case he can only say 20 words and even getting to this point has been a big effort. Just feeling sorry for myslef right now, feel like when do we actually get a break. What is it gonna be like when he starts school @ 4 idk.

:hugs::hugs:So sorry to hear about daycare changes, just remember he will get 1:1 support and I bet his speech will come on great!

Both my babies went to nursery as babies as I suffered terrible post-natal depression and it was a godsend, I'm convinced that's why Matthew is so smart, advanced and sociable now, I was embarrassed foe long enough with the stigma of being classed as a 'social work referrral' prob the same way you must feel about 'special needs' hopefully it's only temporarily til he catches up and can move into mainstream daycare

As for school will their be the option to defer until he is 5? Xx

You are right, he is very smart and advaced with so many other things its just speech is slow to come. I truely beleive he will thrive in daycare.

How is everyone getting on?

Finally been seen at EPU ad put on aspirin (woo hoo) Midwifes are so tactful eh was told to get the whooping cough vaccine at exactly 28 weeks 'as let's face it, your not going much further than that' :saywhat: thanks or the positive vibes xx

Midwives can be so tactful huh?! Mine wouldn't discuss past 32weeks for same reason....now we just have to prove them wrong huh? ;)

I'm feeling exhausted but could be because I'm not sleeping :/ all I keep dreaming is about having baby early ie both times before I kind of "sensed" that even thugh waters had gone babies would stay put until evicted at 34weeks etc, this time I haven't got that feeling, instead just thinking...yep this baby is coming about 28weeks :(

How's everyone else getting on? Xxxx

I haven't been here for a while ladies sorry! I have 8 weeks to go and as 35 weeks nears I'm getting more and more nervous. No one seems to know what made my waters break last time and it all seems so hit and miss.

Midwives can be so tactful huh?! Mine wouldn't discuss past 32weeks for same reason....now we just have to prove them wrong huh? ;)

I had to point out to the doctor wanting to schedule my next consultant appointment at 35 weeks that they might just want to have it a bit earlier than that since the last one came and was home by that point!

You ladies made me giggle, as im in the same boat, im suppose to have a section @ 37 weeks, but we have not set a date as of yet because of my history lol, where taking it day by day. The life of a preeemie mommy huh!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->