Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

congrats to the newly pregnant and congrats to hopeful.

i hope everyone is ok xx

Hi everyone, I've been reading back and I'm so happy to see so many termies after preemies. I was wondering if anyone here had pre-e/HELLP and went on to have a subsequent pregnancy and how that went? DH and I are thinking of trying for a sibling next year but we're terrified that he or she will come even earlier.

Woo hoo had my 12 week scan and all is good do far, my dates moved up to 21st June 13' Sandi if u can please add me to the list. I had to go into daycare for half an hour as I mentioned I had a few lightheaded spells and floaters in my eyes, my BP was slightly raised but nothing too major by 3rd reading it had settled again. Go back to consultant at 16 weeks and if it continues to fluctuate well talk about meds.

Dinah I have had pre-e then severe pre-e in my pregnancies, I do however have a kidney condition, which they said was unrelated however now are taking it into consideration. A good few mummies on here have had healthy future pregnancies, if u decide to go for it you will be consultant led and have more regular checks prob from 28 weeks onwards. Good luck xx

Hi, so I saw my GP and now I am a little confused

She found the consultants letter with recommendations for care in future pregnancy and it mentioned 'aspirin from early pregnancy', so my GP looked in her book and decided from 12 weeks, I dunno, to me, early pregnancy is 6/8 weeks and thats what I have seen/read alot, but my GP is insisting on waiting until 12 weeks :( I don't know what to do!

she was also a little off, I said I was pregnant and she went 'oh ....... was it planned?', so I said, 'well it wasn't prevented!', so she said 'oh ...... congratulations then!'

Gp's are never positive about contraception, when I told mine she asked why I wasn't careful, I felt too put on the spot I lied and said condom broke :blush: she then cheekily asked if I had even heard of the morning after pill - cheeky mare! X

Buttonnose I took aspirin from the day I found out. Advised by my consultant to do so. Congrats! Fingers crossed for a termie x

Here early pregnancy is classed as before twelve weeks. I would stick with what I said tbh x

things were going soo well, i knew it wouldnt last. had a scan today, baby stopped growing, she is estimated at 5lb now. :( they want her out, suppose prob worried about placenta and she has been a little quiet. i am unfavourable for any sort of induction and had a c section before so now i have to have another c section, steroid shots (ouch) again first.....it feels like history is repeating itself, im so upset. at least shes gonna be 38 weeks.

Oh Hun I knew you wanted to go the distance but sounds like she will be safer delivered, over 5lb is a great weight and at 38 weeks it should be no time at all before sge's home, you may even get to keep her on the ward with you.

Good luck with delivery xx

i hope so, everyone keeps saying, oh she will be fine, but i really cant go back into neonatal unit, i need her to be placed on me asap, obv only if she is ok. i had such bad ptsd/ pnd last time, this time was meant to be different, i need her with me. tried to cheer myself up, went and got a tiny baby christmas baby grow..........cus seeing the positive i will have jessica with me at christmas!

sending lots of hugs & positive thoughts your way, I hope all goes well with delivery & you get to hold your little lady right away :hugs:

confised I really hope you do, she is a fabuolous weight you know that, hopefully she doesnt any assistance and christmas will be fab xxxxxxxxxx

Aww Jessica is a lovely name, given her gestation im sure you'll get cuddles straight away, please update us once your settled and rested xx

i hope so, everyone keeps saying, oh she will be fine, but i really cant go back into neonatal unit, i need her to be placed on me asap, obv only if she is ok. i had such bad ptsd/ pnd last time, this time was meant to be different, i need her with me. tried to cheer myself up, went and got a tiny baby christmas baby grow..........cus seeing the positive i will have jessica with me at christmas!

38 weeks is amazing, more than term medically! My LO was 6lb and he was only in neonatal for 5 days and he was never in an incubator, just a cot, so please don't fear the worst! Also, he didn't go into neo straight away, he was put on me and we had skin to skin for an hour then he did with daddy, then he was on the ward with me for a couple days. It was finally his jaundice that sent him into neo (he had feeding and temp issues but there were being managed on the ward effectively) so at 38 wks don't assume they will take her straight to neo, crossing my fingers that they don't have to x
Also to say that he was in Early Baby not Tiny Baby for a few weeks until he was about 7lb so go buy another cute little baby grow.

I wanted to come on and share my surprise at me making 36 weeks today! I can't believe it. This time last time I was in hospital, waters gone, being induced. I'm still on eggshells but will be 37 wks Cmas day so just hoping to reach that final milestone!

x

Congrats on getting to 36 weeks new2bumps fingers crossed for anew year baby at the earliest - I'm guesstimating 3rd jan y bday :thumbup: xx

Hi all,
Just wanted to share my good news after having M @ 25+2 I am thrilled to have made it this far without any preeclamsia, gestational diabetes and my cervical cerclage faiiling X2. his time are around cervix is long and closed and bp is low. Wish us luck ladies as we try to get to term.

Wow well done Abigoma looking good so far not too much further.

Im now in 2nd tri time has flown in so quick consultant on 8th jan at 16 weeks, wondering if I manage to be lucky enough to make it long enough for an elective section if I can be sterilised when I'm there? 3 babies is more than enough for me, no 3 was a very happy mistake :haha: xx

Congrats and good luck Agiboma and crossing fingers for you bumpsmum x

@ bumpsmom i was thinking the same thing also, two is enough for me, im not sure if they will do it after the section but I will ask.

woooooo...

Jessica Elsie was born friday 21/12/12 at 10.34am weighing 5lb 10. Absolutely perfect. she got dried and placed on me straight away...she was already trying to latch on! then daddy got cuddles while i was going to be transferred. sadly went a little wrong after th c section as my uterus wudnt contract so had an extra hour in theatre and ended up in hdu..but never felt unwell :) Jessica has had no problems and feeds like a pro. One night in hdu and then to the ward. the whole hospital was chaos and it was a nightmare, but i got to see my baby arrive, they dropped the drapes!!! i got to hold her striaght away and she is breastfeeding.....and she came home with me. Anything else that happened just doesnt matter. only spent 48 hours in hospital, now my family is complete.

Having my term baby has mended all the previous traumas, i have never been happier,. thanks for all your support

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->