Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

@atomic pink on a serious note you really dont know the effect this thread has had on my moral to actually try again. I truely mean it from my heart Michael would be an only child if not from me following this thread and reading the success of so many preemie mommy's making it to term. You know the NICU has a real good way of traumatizing folks for life. I cant wait to meet my little girl now and actually take the little fatty :haha: home this time around.

Agiboma I never thought so many of us would get to term, it's inspiring!

It really is in every sense of the word. I hope other's can find the courage like i did from the stories i stalked religiously on this thread :haha:

Hopefully, my next pregnancy will go to term. Agiboma, did you get a cervical stitch?

i certainly did i had a TAC cerclage and it held up and all my other problems stayed away.

3rd tri today with no complications other than GD wonder how long ill stay in 3rd tri this time xx

Congrats bumpsmum! 20 weeks for me today and hopefully finding out at our scan later today whether its a boy or girl :)

i certainly did i had a TAC cerclage and it held up and all my other problems stayed away.

Is that the same thing as a cerclage?

its a trans abdominal cerclage, so its placed much higher up in teh cervix where the uterus ends and the cervix begins compared to the tvc transvaginal cerclage that is placed at teh bottom of teh cervix.

Been ages since I came in here again, been a rollercoaster nightmare. We lost one of the twins early on and at 12 weeks found a huge hematoma covering my cervix and lifting the edge of the placenta after a massive bleed. I've now been bleeding for 3 weeks straight and prior to that only the odd day off inbetween 12 weeks and now at 18 +2. Cervix has shortened from over 5cm at 13 +4 at perinatology to between 2 1/2cm and 3cm at perinatology at 16+6 and bleed isnt shrinking. So done 6 weeks of strict bedrest and counting:wacko: There was talk of a stitch at my last appointment but with active bleeding it was too much of a risk but back to perinatology on wednesday so see what they say then (go every 2 weeks, my OB weekly), they wanted an amnio too for 2 soft markers but thats also not safe. Oh and he's a boy:cloud9:

Its so reassuring to come back and see all the babies coming to term:happydance: Such an inspiration:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->