Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

congratulations! He is a little cutie. Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some more pics. Hope your both well!

Congratulations. He is beautiful. Glad your both doing well xx

Anna!

My jaw dropped!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's doing really well. He was in his humidity crib less than 24 hours, hasn't needed cpap at all which i kind of thought he might, no iv's (YAY!!!!) and they started him on 17ml p/h and have put it up to 25. It's so different to my other boys who started on 1ml and would get up to say 8ml and then have to be put back to 1ml because they kept spurking it up. 34 weeks is soooo much better but i have to say i am gutted not to be able to bring him home. The empty handed walk from the hospital is a killer no matter how healthy the baby. The other thing is when trying to express for feeds, you kind of get a chance to keep up in the early days when it's just 1ml an hour but when it's 25 from day one, i've had no chance so while i'm doing the best i can, he's getting more formula than breast milk which is killing me but when my milk comes in i'll set that right..it's just stressing me out which isn't helping. When he was handed to me as soon as he was born i was so happy. He was crying and covered in gunk but to get to hold him at birth was incredible, as a prem mum, you really appreciate how special that is. He's just so beautiful, i can't wait to have him home. Hopefully i'll get him home by 36 weeks but i guess it will all come down to how quickly we can get him onto all sucking feeds. Oh and while i maintain that my prem delivery of my smallest baby was the most painful child birth experience i've had, i could really feel that his head was bigger when he was born..ouch.

:cry: Anna that sounds amazing, I hope one day I'm lucky enough to have that chance of cuddles after birth.

I hope that every one of us gets immediate post birth cuddles xoxo It's only fair after all.

Baby Amber Harrie arrived into this world at 10.10am by emergency c-section (after BP went through the roof again) on Friday 29th October 2010...at 38 weeks + 6 days weighing 7lbs 12ozs!!

We have just got home, thanks for all of your support ladies throughout this journey, will post birth story and pics in a while.

Congratulations Anna!! :flower:

Ahhh I was wondering about you you&me, all was quiet!

Congratulations, welcome to the world Amber!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations to you both! xx

Congrats up both of you glad to hear your doing wellsnd I hope baby is home very soon anna

Huge congratulations on the 2 new healthy arrivals!!! So great to hear and lovely that these babies have brought some new experience with them like post birth cuddles or getting straight home. We sure appreciate the small things.

Hope our two mammys are well xxxx

hopefully2 great to see you still here!!! :) I was looking at the first page and wondering how you are!

Congratulations you&me!!!! Well done on full term. Welcome to the world baby girl xoxo

Hey Anna & you&me, hope you are doing well!?

I am feeling like shite, im gonna be honest. Bump is tight a lot today and i had shooting pains last night and phoned triage.

Bath and paracetamol they said. Fuck, the said that about Alex. :grr:

Cause im not bleeding they dont care. :brat: Come on, I never bled with Alex in the end, what they playing at? Next time (which i am worried will be tonight or tomorrow the way its going) I'm just turning up.

When I phone triage it must be immediatly obvious about Alex's birth as they always mention it right away.

I hated that part of my pregnancy. I dragged my way through the weeks until 24 weeks. I hope you are taking it easy. I had the same troubles, dr would ask me a question and I would say no so he'd assume all was fine and the fact that those things never happened with the boys either never seemed to matter. I have everything crossed for you that everything will be ok and the less you do the better. I had tightenings for 3 weeks but layer on the couch for 3 weeks and he stayed put that much longer. The other thing is bh can start far earlier Ina second pregnancy and be quite strong. Maybe it's that?

i remembered you saying that anna, and i was thinking about BH, ive never had em before.

Im ok just now, fingers crossed!

Post no 60 was me bitching about bh. I spent ages googling whether it was normal and apparently it is. In my first post on page 1 I was saying how I wanted it all to be over. I found it stressful the whole time and was paranoid about every little thing. And luckily I'm such a whiner, I documented a whole bunch of it in this thread for people to take comfort in when they feel the same :)

Honestly im so feking hormonal today. I just want to cry. I've taken so much on. I'll be ok once the next two weeks are done, but good god its getting to me.

Hey :flower:

Glad it seems to have settled down a bit SB, it could be BH's...I never had them in first pregnancy but got them quite early in the second one.

I am doing good thanks...had my staples removed today and my wound has opened a little bit, so am being held together by steristrips!! Amber had her first weigh in since she was born and she is only 2ozs short of her birth weight...so mummy milk is doing the job nicely :thumbup:

Hope all of you ladies are keeping well?
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"