Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

I just found out I am pregnant again... obviously very excited and happy BUT SCARED! :/

I just found out I am pregnant again... obviously very excited and happy BUT SCARED! :/

Congratulations honey ❤ we will all be here for you. I hope you have a very long and uneventful pregnancy

Aww, what a lot of lovely news to come on to! :) Congratulations to all the newly pregnant, milestone breaking and little boy making mums!

Stitch yesterday went completely normally and well, got home by 10pm and didn't starve to death. Feeling quite sore and strange today, but LO's still at his grandparents' so a day of daytime tv for me and hobbling from fridge to sofa like an old woman. :)

bumpsmum - :happydance: now 2 days more pregnant
Lisasmith - look forward to your announcement that you are now over last time :)
skadi - congratulations. Despite the fact we were trying when I first got my BFP I thought Oh my god what have I done. I hope you have a nice boring pregnancy
whistle - glad to hear all went well. It's totally normal to feel sore after a stitch. You will probably be for a few more days at least

congrats Skadi xx

Lisa, Matthew did great he had IUGR so was small for gestation 3lb11 and took ages to gain weight. He's managed to breathe on his own for the first 6 hours then needed CPAP to give his wee lungs a break but that was only for 12 hours or so. He had jaundice, trouble controlling his temp and sugar levels which are to be expected with a prem but soon it was just growing and learning to feed. He was in a total of 17 days and came home at exactly 4lb and a very happy, energetic 4 year old. He is really thin but tall and a very fussy eater but no long term issues whatsoever HTH xx

congrats Skadi xx

Lisa, Matthew did great he had IUGR so was small for gestation 3lb11 and took ages to gain weight. He's managed to breathe on his own for the first 6 hours then needed CPAP to give his wee lungs a break but that was only for 12 hours or so. He had jaundice, trouble controlling his temp and sugar levels which are to be expected with a prem but soon it was just growing and learning to feed. He was in a total of 17 days and came home at exactly 4lb and a very happy, energetic 4 year old. He is really thin but tall and a very fussy eater but no long term issues whatsoever HTH xx

Oh that's awesome! My 32+3 weeker was 3lb 10oz and he is now a skinny tiny 4.5 year old but healthy as a horse :)

Thanks for telling me about your son, makes me breathe a bit easier. I'm 3 days out from the day my last bub was born so feeling a bit anxious

Tonight at 11:45pm I went into labour and 1 hour and 45 mins later my 3lb 10oz 32 +3 weeker was born screaming into the world. I was completely alone as all my family and friends were at home a few hours away.

I suspect ill be a bit emotional today as I pass this milestone in my pregnancy but ill be treating every day as a bonus from now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 2
Congratulations lisasmith. Sounds like a wee fighter.

Sorry you had to go through it alone. We are all here to listen when you are feeling good and bad xx

wow oh Lisa so gorgeous congratulations. Such a shame you were on your own great weight too

do you have a name picked yet? xx

Lisa i got a little confused! Do you mean at this point in your last pregnancy your baby was born (your 4.5yr old now) and that you are passing that milestone in your current pregnancy??
If i'm reading right then congrats on passing that milestone and i hope baby stays put for another 7weeks or so!!

Lisa i got a little confused! Do you mean at this point in your last pregnancy your baby was born (your 4.5yr old now) and that you are passing that milestone in your current pregnancy??
If i'm reading right then congrats on passing that milestone and i hope baby stays put for another 7weeks or so!!

This is what I thought too.

Don't worry Lisa, it's bound to be emotional, but you have smashed this milestone now and every day is better than the last. :flower:

Lisa - if this is your 4 1/2 year old my congrats is a bit late :). I hope it was and you are still pregnant xx

Gee, I worded that badly didn't I? Sorry girls.

Yep this day in my last pregnancy I had him. I'm currently still cooking my little girl

Hee hee, don't worry, we're all on newborn baby high-alert in this thread!! :D

yeah glad you are still cooking :)

I am now 21+1 so 1 day further than when I landed in hospital with my last pregnancy.

@ 25 weeker its always nice to pass the milstone where the problems started in the last pregnancy and be problem free in the current pregnancy.
for me it was 19 weeks and thats when i began to relax a little.

Congrats to everyone passing your milestones!!
I've passed emilys birth gestation at 25+1, Edwards at 32+2 and tomorrow Alex's at 34 weeks! Can't believe i'm almost at full term. :happydance:

Well today I started bonus time!!

Hooray for all of us making it past milestones ❤

great to see this is the most pregnant you've been here's to many more weeks! I hit that spot in 14 days not that I'm counting of course haha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->