Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

S glad everyone is doing well :) I hit 24 weeks today, just 8 weeks to goal number 1 set by consultant, but I just know we are totally gonna kick that goal :)

nicola ttc has had her baby. nicola is very poorly in hospital so i thought id just tell u in here in case she doesnt get to update. if u find the link to her journal the story is in there.

congrats nicola xx

Congratulations Nicola, thinking of you all x

Congrats Nicola, hope you and little lady a doing well :hugs:

I am feeling like crap all of a sudden, literally like I have been hit by a bus, so so exhausted, increasing heartburn, just generally feeling like crap :( hoping it is just a few rough days and not the start of anything :( so so worried

oh my what an ordeal congrats on baby primrose hope you are both dping well xx

Hi everyone.
My little on arrived on saturday after complete uterine rupture. We are both very lucky to be alive, there was a while where neither of us were expected to come out of theatre.
Here is my Primrose Eve wondering what mischief she can get up to next...
https://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u620/nicolabird/20130501_132317_zpsddba1add.jpg
She was born at 34+4 which is further than we expected but obviously less than we hoped.
She is on and off of cpap, being fed throuhh ng tube and trying breastfeeding at one feed a day so doing really well considering her traumatic start!
Hope you are all well. :hugs:

She is gorgeous and she def has a mischievous look on that photo.

Hope she is home with you soon xx

I'm so excited to be on the plus side of 34 weeks! If I make it to 37 weeks ill high 5 my uterus :lol: I had a growth scan yesterday and bubby is measuring bang on dates and had her feet all the way on her face! Cervix was hardly there at all but they said it could stay like that for weeks or I could go tomorrow

Wow Nicola! What a journey that would've been!

Can I ask why it ruptured, do they know? By any chance di dyou have a classical c-section with your first pregnancy?

And me :) I'm Hannah. Looks like I"m just over 4 weeks pregnant, though I don't believe it yet (and I found out 5 days ago - yes found out VERY early). Haven't really considered everything at this stage!

happy to report this the furthest I've got in pregnancy after 30+4 and 33+4 emergency deliveries, I'm still going strong........AND got my c section booked for 39 weeks for 14th June. So happy happy happy x

Lisa & bumpsmum - great to see how far you both on you are now :happydance:

inperfected - Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope it's a nice boring 9 months for you.

I am now 23+3 so 2 more looooong weeks until I am past the gestation my girls were born. I have managed to persuade the hospital to give me another cervical scan next week so if all is still looking good then I will feel a bit more confident I will get past 25+2.

Hugs and hoping all is perfect in the coming 2 (well... 12 and more?) weeks 25 weeker.

I'm definitely still in shock, despite knowing for nearly a week now. It was the first month trying and with Jesiah it took 17 months!! In the past 4 months, I have lost 16% of my body weight (13kg) which is probably what has kicked started my ovulation thankfully.

Congratulations on the pregnancy!!!
I'm sure I read that Nicola did have a previous classical section.

Yay for us all making milestones! I'm 35 weeks tomorrow :D

Congrats to everyone - those with babies and those still hanging on in there ;) I soooo need to sit down and read this thread to see where everyone is at currently, but currently the babies are keeping me super busy...and Ethan turns 1 in a few weeks!!

https://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s513/emaritska/790883495a7d8e8dfd5e61cb0438b19d_zps4e29f331.jpg
Poppy aged 3weeks :)

I haven't updated in a while as I've been very cautious but we are now on week 27 with no signs of pre-e and a scan today showed a healthy boy weighing 2lb 9oz! Starting to feel a bit more relaxed :)

Wow Nicola! What a journey that would've been!

Can I ask why it ruptured, do they know? By any chance di dyou have a classical c-section with your first pregnancy?

And me :) I'm Hannah. Looks like I"m just over 4 weeks pregnant, though I don't believe it yet (and I found out 5 days ago - yes found out VERY early). Haven't really considered everything at this stage!

Hi Hannah, congratulations on your pregnancy.
Yes, i had a classical section less than a year before this one and it was at the top of this that ruptured a 4 cm hole. I had also had 3 previous normal sections which were also rupturing. I was definitely always high risk for a rupture but even high risk is still a very low risk iykwim so we just hoped it wouldn't happen. No more now though!!

We are doing well, Primrose had her ng tube taken out this morning and i've been rooming in since last night getting breastfeeding established so all good here. I am recovering well too. :thumbup:

Congratulations to all those passing milestones with bubbies still cooking. Hope eveyone is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->