Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

So happy to say I'm a week on from the dreaded day and still have no signs of pre-e. Getting excited now but panicking about the possibility of not getting my vbac for a variety of reasons.

Please tell me I am not the only one that is totally and utterly paranoid about their pregnancy and the reoccurrence of whatever issue caused your previous preemie :(

I am going out of my mind as I have now hit the time when things started going 'tits up' last time although it was another almost 5 weeks before he was born. The awful heartburn has started again and some slight swelling, just generally feeling crappy, all of which I know are 'normal' pregnancy signs but also all of which I had last time and was palmed off for weeks until it was to the point myself and baby almost died

:(

I am not enjoying this pregnancy at all due to my constant fear of something going wrong, I am constantly on edge and constantly in tears over it, my stress level is through the roof just because of fear :(

Not at all strange Button. :(
I'm feeling the same and I'm only 6 weeks, but in saying that, the last pregnancy, I'd already experienced suspected ectopic (ruled out) then bleeding and then HCG that stopped rising and had been told miscarriage probably 2 times already. It's the 8 week mark that will hit me when I hemmoraged, the 11 weeks of the earthquake (again more hemorages) And the 16ish weeks fo the leaking waters, never mind the 29 weeks he was born at. We are just hoping to get past all these milestones this time... :S

Button! I had no idea you were expecting again! I'm so paranoid about something going wrong again. I'm just convinced I won't carry to term again and I'm terrified about it!

Srrme we were a very spontaneous one, we went on progesterone suppositories.(hard to come by the shots here) and cervix checks every time I had a positive ffn test

TMI, but did you stop having sex during your pregnancy? :blush:

So happy I saw this thread! I am currently 7 weeks and 5 days pregnant with my 3rd blessing. <--- Due January 3rd, 2014 :)

My last pregnancy, my placenta started tearing off the wall (placenta abruption) at 11 weeks, I was very lucky and made it to 35 weeks and 5 days after a very hard, non stopping problems and traumatizing pregnancy and labor. From the start (w. my son) I knew something was wrong with my pregnancy. With this one, I feel relieved and positive, I have had no bleeding which is very reassuring for me. :thumbup:

I've just spent 3 days in the hospital with a severe APH (antepartum hemorrhage) but I'm home again now and very very happy to say that today marks 37 WEEKS!!!! I can't believe it &#10084;

Hi ladies,

I'm new and have just glanced over your stories but it's very heartening to know others feel the way I do!

Due to a vigorously debated compromise hubby and I are not not trying for a few months before actually trying. Our beautiful son (2 in June) was born at 29 weeks due to placental abruption and atypical HELLP syndrome so I'm really excited about number two but also v nervous!

My little lady made her way into the world today at 37 + 4 weighing a tiny 6lb and 17 inches long! Same length as my 32 weeker lol
She's just perfect and I'm so happy to have a take home baby

Congrats Lisa! Enjoy every second of it :)

Saw the midwife this morning, diastolic is creeping up slightly but ok, no protein in urine yay but getting sweeping that's now spread from feet to ankles as well, so she has done the liver function blood test to just check is all ok as my blood pressure and urine were the last things to go last time.

Srrme we were a very spontaneous one, we went on progesterone suppositories.(hard to come by the shots here) and cervix checks every time I had a positive ffn test

TMI, but did you stop having sex during your pregnancy? :blush:

OMG she said the S word :rofl: just kidding!

It was a rare occurance :rofl: and never near the times I had to do the FFN tests (they can make it a false positive)

Congrats Lisa - great you have a take home baby.

Srrme - I am refraining from as Atomic Pink put it the S word. I want to make sure if I do go early again then I won't have any "what ifs" hanging over me.

buttonnose - I hope all your tests come back clear.

radiance - hope you have a nice boring 9 months.

I am now 26+2 so 1 week further on than last time. Still not in any way relaxed but think I might start calming down once I get to 28 weeks. It feels like this lo has lots of growth spurts so thinking he might be a wee fatty like his dad was as a baby. You would never know it to look at my oh now that at one point he was a roly poly. :rofl:

Had my last cervical scan 2 weeks ago and all looked good. Back at the hospital tomorrow but as no scans think it will be a quick one. A growth scan has been booked in for 28 weeks and will have another swab done as these are being done 4 weekly.

Wowzers 25weeker!! :shock: that has gone so fast! Things are looking great! :hugs: I'm really happy for you! Does H realise she's going to be a big sis yet?

Wowzers 25weeker!! :shock: that has gone so fast! Things are looking great! :hugs: I'm really happy for you! Does H realise she's going to be a big sis yet?

We told her a couple of weeks ago after my 24 weeks scan. Initially she said No and I thought she was going to cry! Eventually talked her round and I told her he was sleeping just now but later she could feel him kick and she asked me did I have a cot in my tummy :rofl: She now says her baby brother is going to sleep in her room in a cot and when he is bigger they will have bunk beds and she will be on top. Guessing she has that idea from peppa pig!

:rofl: Please can she have a word with Alex, Alex thinks Peppa's bunk bed is a cake (its layers) :rofl:

well now on the ward BP spiked at diabetic clinic so had first set of steroids and on an insulin drip as they send GD all over the place so here for a minimum of 48 hours with a view to delivering early next week. Chuffed I made it to term but glad they're not hanging me off to 39 weeks as planned as I'm cream crackered lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->