• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Em I would actually say start voicing your concerns now. Looking back I know I should have. I have a friend right now who is not afraid to voice her options and the amount of times shes gained control over the consultants opinions and plans is impressive :haha:

I agree that you should try asking for cervix cans earlier- I think mine started at 16 weeks and I have them every 3 weeks. Plus I've been on weekly progesterone shots since 18weeks. My doc said that the progesterone shots have been shown to reduce Hanse of pre-term birth down to 7%. So far this pregnancy has been wonderfully boring, esp after everything we went through in my first pregnancy.

Atomic who do you think I should speak to? Just my named midwife? I'm up to 90. Honestly. Im just on my way to cancel holiday to Salou in May. I'll be about 25 weeks by then. I've read the change in altitude isn't good. I just don't want to take any risks. Thinking of getting train to France instead so the kids aren't too disappointed. Just keep thinking if this one is as impatient as anya, it could be here by May. Xx

Thanks Myra. I'll ask about the shots but nobody has mentioned them to me so far. Does anyone know if we are offered them in uk? Xx

:haha: AP.

It's true though Em, it's your body and your baby and doctors need to realise that. I wasn't happy with the care I was being given, so I emailed the consultant (found his email address by googling) telling him my issues and he said come in the next day. I did and he agreed to let me stay on really high dose blood (like four times higher than usual for my weight) and agreed for me to have fortnightly growth scans like I wanted, I have cervix scans separate to that. He comes to clinic to specifically to see me because I don't want other doctors care. It is hard to stand up to doctors and say this is what I want but it's worth it.

Erm I've not heard of UK ladies getting it. Mostly I think we get progesterone suppositories, I'm on 400mg twice a day x

Lol I'm quite good at getting what I want so I will definitely be standing up for what's best for me and baby. I was with a different consultant with Anya so don't even know what they are like. I'll be getting in touch with my midwife next week if I haven't heard about consultant appointment. Feel like I'm living on a knife edge. Thanks for your help girls. It all helps my ammunition lol xx

Atomic who do you think I should speak to? Just my named midwife? I'm up to 90. Honestly. Im just on my way to cancel holiday to Salou in May. I'll be about 25 weeks by then. I've read the change in altitude isn't good. I just don't want to take any risks. Thinking of getting train to France instead so the kids aren't too disappointed. Just keep thinking if this one is as impatient as anya, it could be here by May. Xx

Thanks Myra. I'll ask about the shots but nobody has mentioned them to me so far. Does anyone know if we are offered them in uk? Xx

Have you been assigned a consultant yet? If not, I would speak to the midwife. Don't ask, just tell them :haha:
In the UK the shots are extremely rare and I wouldn't expect them at all at our hospitals. :( I could only obtain the suppositories via a research trial which is sadly over now, but I am unsure if they will prescribe them here. I'd certainly ask.

Well I was given the consultants name, Dr Cowan, but that's all I have. I'm phoning the midwife on Monday and I'll definitely be telling her. She's a bit ditzy. At my booking appointment she said the consultant wanted to see me asap, 3 weeks later, still waiting. Thanks for your help. :flower: xx

Good luck Em.

Afm - I've got my anomaly scan this week, big deal for me as it's the scan things started going wrong with Riley Rae. Also got the consultant and Vbac clinic. Not ready to think about birth yet though.

Tasha- I hope everything goes smoothly at your anonmaly scan and that you get good results!

Aww good luck Tasha. Let us know how you get on. Will be thinking of you xx

Thank you both of you. How are you both doing today? Myra you must be getting more anxious the closer you get to when you Pprom'ed :hugs:

Em I think her name might be Shona. It rings a bell.

:rofl: it shouldn't be on the Internet if we can't use it to stalk people :rofl:

:rofl: it shouldn't be on the Internet if we can't use it to stalk people :rofl:

Even worse, the email address format is the same for anyone. Know the persons name, then the email is easy to guess!

Thanks Tasha! So far this pregnancy is different in so many ways from my first, when I was in and out of the hospital throughout second tri. OH and I are calling this pregnancy beautifully boring. Maybe this is how a pregnancy is "supposed to be?" Hoping it stays that way!

Because of that I've started to relax a bit, even though it's ckise to the time I Pprom'd with my son. It's refreshing to finally start having "normal" parent worries like how will I manage sleep with a baby and a toddler versus the last pregnancy the goal was "can we make it to viability?"

You can always use Tasha's email tip at some point, dont be afraid to use it! :rofl:
[email protected]

Thanks Google :haha:

Lol. Thank you so much. You're a star. :flower:

Phoned midwife this morning. She had no idea who I even was but said she would get back to me. Not holding out much hope though. But shall pester pester pester her till I get some answers. Xx

Hey I haven't updated in this thread in a while. I have been doing great, no swelling, no high BP readings, no trace protein, etc. Things have seemed much better this time.

Until yesterday. At 31 weeks. The same week that I had my first high BP reading with DS, I had a high BP at doctors. Granted, it was a stressful day and stressful visit, but they took it at beginning and end of the visit and still high. They are having me monitor it all week at home and come back on Friday. I am beyond stressed about it. I am trying to relax and tell myself it was just a one off bad reading, since my home readings are good, but with DS, my home readings stayed good for a while longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->