• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Misspriss- I hope that things settle down. The second reading they took at your appointment may have been high because you were anxious from the start with the high reading. Plus with 31 weeks being a milestone for when your BP first when up on ypr last pregnancy, that can have contributed to some anxiety about it

I've just made it to 30weeks (my son was born at 29w and 3d) and I'm surprised to find some anxiety coming out now that I've passed that mark. I had a really strong contraction last night with back pain and then a number of smaller ones when I went to bed, so I woke up anxious his morning worry about early labor and the contractions shortening my cervix. I talked to doctors office and they said it may be as simple as I was dehydrated but since everything feels normal today, they aren't comcerned.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Misspriss- I hope that things settle down. The second reading they took at your appointment may have been high because you were anxious from the start with the high reading. Plus with 31 weeks being a milestone for when your BP first when up on ypr last pregnancy, that can have contributed to some anxiety about it

I've just made it to 30weeks (my son was born at 29w and 3d) and I'm surprised to find some anxiety coming out now that I've passed that mark. I had a really strong contraction last night with back pain and then a number of smaller ones when I went to bed, so I woke up anxious his morning worry about early labor and the contractions shortening my cervix. I talked to doctors office and they said it may be as simple as I was dehydrated but since everything feels normal today, they aren't comcerned.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Oh yes, I was anxious about the appointment. Also I had DS with me, and he was being a handful. The first time they took it, I'd just carried my 20lb struggling toddler and my purse and my water bottle and his sippy cup (I could have stuffed in the purse but you know how it goes) from the waiting room, to the scale, put it all down, picked it all back up, and then walked to the exam room. She immediately went to take my blood pressure, while DS was getting into a cabinet that I could not see what he was getting - whether it was safe or not, and started spilling things out. Definitely raised my blood pressure! I was really irritated that she rushed in to take it like that. (He was playing with the little plastic models of the female reproductive system...).

I have not had any super high readings at home since, but they are marginally higher than they have been earlier in my pregnancy. My highest systolic has been 117, my highest diastolic 81. It was 140/82 at the doctors. My diastolic being higher worries me though, as that is less influenced by stress and physical activity.

Just wanted to update, my BP has been low at home pretty much ever since, I had a couple high readings the day of my OB appointment, but I was pretty stressed out that day. Not any since. I have had 3 more appointments since, the ones with DH there my BP was in the 130s/80s, without DH they are in the 140s/90s. But at home, they are in the 110-120s/70-80s.

So far no protein in my urine at any of my dips, I turned in my 24 hr urine catch on Monday still waiting on results, they also took bloods to check my liver functions. No swelling, no headaches, no vision disturbances, etc.

I spoke with my OB at my last appointment about my anxiety and how I feel that it may be my anxiety that is causing my high BP readings and not necessarily pre-e, she gave me medication (which is preg cat B, and works) and a referral for a therapist, which I won't get to do until the end of next week)

Today is the anniversary of when DS came home from the hospital, which is awesome. It is also (weird coincidence) the same gestation in this pregnancy (33+5) at which he was born, so after today I will be more pregnant than I've ever been :D

I am 29 weeks today. I passed the mark when I went into labor with my oldest. Now to get to 37 weeks. :D

OMG how awesome! I'm 33+5 today, the gestation at which DS was born, tomorrow I will be more pregnant than I've ever been before :D

Congrats srrme and misspriss on getting farther than before! (And on the good BP readings miss!)

I'm also in new territory. I'm 3w 1d farther than I made it with my son...and this little girl is showing all the signs of staying put for now. When I tell people that I have 7ish weeks to go, they keep saying "oh you must be so ready to have her out!" Strange to hear that...Despite all the new aches and pains though, I certainly don't wish for a repeat NICU stay...3 months was excruciating enough. I'd be happy with a couple weeks early but no more than that.

Hi ladies. I'm 23+1 with DS2. DS1 turned 2 on Tuesday and was born at 30+4 due to PPROM. At first they thought it was unexplained but 1wpp I was diagnosed with multiple bilateral PE's and then 1 week after that I was diagnosed with severe cholecystitis which had caused my liver to become inflamed. I also had GD. This time I have no gallbladder (cholecystectomy 6mpp) and I'm on Tinz for the blood clots, and so far don't have GD so they are hoping I will go term but I'm still really nervous..... Any tips for relaxing until I move in to a safer zone...?!

I had a lot of anxiety yesterday about going into premature labor again. I had quite a few Braxton Hicks (which is normal for me) but it freaked me out. :nope: I can't wait until I'm full term. I wish I could make the weeks go by faster... 7 more to go.

Anxiety is definitely something we have to deal with, having had preemies in the past. I'm on Buspar for mine, and it helps a lot. I'm also going to see a therapist later this week.

I'm a bit crampy today...possibly no more than usual but have gotten myself super paranoid. I feel like ds1 was ok as a 30 weeker...I just don't want ds2 to come any earlier. My chances of term are good (7/8) but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for 36 weeks... Xx

I'm a bit crampy today...possibly no more than usual but have gotten myself super paranoid. I feel like ds1 was ok as a 30 weeker...I just don't want ds2 to come any earlier. My chances of term are good (7/8) but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for 36 weeks... Xx

I've been doing the same thing. :hugs: Being pregnant after having a preemie is stressful! :nope:

Srrme...ultra paranoid I just went to L&D to be checked over. Back ache, crampy, twinges and occasional tightenings. Think I've had each individual symptom a lot, but not all together...anyway...everything is ok, cervix is closed, tummy is soft, no signs of anything happening. Phewsh!!! Now to bed...

I have actually had no signs really, not even any braxton hicks, but my preemie was due to pre-e, I have had blood pressure spikes, diagnosed with pregnancy hypertension, but no protein in my urine....I have paranoia about my BP so much I have really bad white coat syndrome all of a sudden, I constantly check it at home any time I have an issue. A headache terrifies me. Any kind of abdominal discomfort freaks me out. My severe pre-e was asymptomatic to me (just high BP) no headaches or vision issues, so I worry that I could have it and never know, you know?

I'm right there with you all- just after the 29w mark (when my son was born in 1st pregnancy), I freaked out that I hadn't felt the baby move in hours and (after drinking OJ and eating chocolate to try and get her moving) rushed in to the hospital. Once I was there, she started waking up.

And last week I again ended up in hospital after phoning doc once one of my legs was very, vey swollen. "Dr Google" said to beware of blood clots in this situation, so I spent from 9:30pm-1am while the nurses and doctors checked me out to find (thankfully) that everything was ok...frustrating though that they didn't sign me out til 1am.

So, Miracle, I'm afraid I don't have any good advice on how to make it through the anxiety of another potential preemie- just keep checking in here with us and you'll find your fears are normal & you're in good company. :hugs:

Srrme...ultra paranoid I just went to L&D to be checked over. Back ache, crampy, twinges and occasional tightenings. Think I've had each individual symptom a lot, but not all together...anyway...everything is ok, cervix is closed, tummy is soft, no signs of anything happening. Phewsh!!! Now to bed...

:hugs: I'm glad everything turned out to be okay!

I think I'll feel a lot better once I've got passed 30. Today is V day for me so that makes me feel marginally better.... But once I'm passed 30 weeks I have mini milestones to work towards.... Just trying to take it steady til then...

I hit 30 weeks yesterday. Such a relief. I am now aiming for 32 weeks. The Braxton Hicks I was having the other day have let up. I think they were anxiety and stress related, so I am trying to stay relaxed (not easy to do with a bunch of toddlers running about, haha!).

YAY for 30 weeks Srrme! Hope you can keep relaxed!

I will be 35 weeks tomorrow, I can't believe it!

Yay for all the milestones: V day, 30 weeks and 35 weeks!! Congrats ladies!!! Slowly but surely, we're getting closer to term babies :)

I'll be 34 weeks on Saturday!

Yay for you all meeting the important milestones and going beyond them.

Tomorrow I'm 28+6, the gestation I was when my waters broke x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"