Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

I actually have a question....when are you packing hospital bags? I want to be prepared (I'm a bit OCD with organisation) but I don't want to jinx anything (I am also strangely superstitious during pregnancy). When did you preemie mummies pack your bags? My current method is to put things together in a box but not officially pack them. X

I actually haven't packed a bag yet and I'm 34w. Them again, I also haven't finished getting things ready for baby at home either. Just built her crib this weekend...still need to get her car seat and some other items. The plan is to pack one my bag in the next week so that I have one by 35w.

That's brave. I was in no way organised for DS1 so threw things together and had very little with me at the hospital, so I'd like to be slightly more organised this time...
I think I want to get past 30+4 (when i had DS1) and then pack my bag.... Xx

I planned to have it done by 32 weeks, but here I am at 34+4 and not finished. I DID make my packing list (big planner) here last night, so DH said he could get the stuff I need at this point if anything happened.

That's brave. I was in no way organised for DS1 so threw things together and had very little with me at the hospital, so I'd like to be slightly more organised this time...
I think I want to get past 30+4 (when i had DS1) and then pack my bag.... Xx

Less about being brave and more about just a disorganized procrastinator ;)

I packed my bag for me last week (I was 28 weeks). My reason is that we need this stuff now whenever they come. Keeping the baby stuff out will lessen my worries I think.

I've got nothing though aside from the car seat which we bought today.

I'm planning a home birth, so I haven't packed a hospital bag. If something happens before 37 weeks I'll just throw something together. I've never really prepared a hospital bag (even during my last pregnancy). :shrug:

I still need to buy this little girl a car seat, more clothes, and cloth diapers. :dohh:

Home birth is so appealing, but so terrifying at the same time. My consultant has said I am "definitely not a home birth candidate"! I think I'm all set for clothes, and bought my Chicco Next2Me Crib yesterday... I have to get DS1s new bedroom finished ASAP, so we can get him moved and settled before DS2 arrives. Other than that there are just the odd bits and pieces I think!! Xx

Scratch the car seat! My mom just surprised me and ordered one. It should be here next week. :D

Had my doctors appointment today and it was all rather underwhelming (which really is good after the last pregnancy!). I think I was just hoping as we were getting closer that something would be different about these appointments- like he'd check to see if I was dilating yet and then be able to magically discern I'd deliver right at 37weeks. Nope. Just a "weight, heart beat, baby movement and blood pressure all look good- see you in 2 weeks." Ridiculous isn't it- after all the issues with my sons pregnancy, that should be more than enough to make me happy. So I felt ungrateful/guilty for being annoyed that he didn't check anything. I think it's mostly that I just want this little one to arrive about 37/38 weeks so I can have a full 3 months at home with her before I have to go back to work. (I'm a teacher and need to be back at the end of August). If she's on time or even late, then I'll just get 2-2 1/2 months with her :(

During my full term pregnancy, my Doctor didn't check my cervix until I was 36 weeks.

During my full term pregnancy, my Doctor didn't check my cervix until I was 36 weeks.

That makes me feel better- perhaps that's the norm. I had just been reading all these posts about women getting cervix checked and finding out they were x cm dilated/effaced etc and assumed that would be part of my checkup. Plus I think I was rather hormonal that day- bought OH some dessert on way home from my appointment and it ended up spilling all over the diaper bag. When untold him about it, I was crying and crying...while also laughing since I couldn't believe I was crying over something like that. Hormones!

My OB did my GBS swab at 34 weeks and some change (she had me down at 35 plus a few) and checked me then, but not at the 35 week (she thought 36). I am now 36....I had a dream last night that I checked myself and I was like 3-4 and very effaced....like I'd know what that felt like...

Eek, misspriss! 36!!! That's so exciting. I can't wait for that. 35 weeks feels like my safe place. One more week til you're term!!! 9 weeks til my safe place. Feels like forever. Xx

Well my appointment today did not go well. My BP was high at the doctors, higher than it had been before (150/80 something), and it had been higher at home (130/90 ish). No protein though. Did a growth scan and it was not great, very low fluid, she couldn't find fluid in one quadrant at all, and all the others were low. Sara is also measuring a couple of weeks behind.

She put me in the hospital for IV fluids (to see if it increases fluid) and to see a high risk OB for a higher definition scan tomorrow, and to do 24 hr urine catch again. They haven't started the urine catch yet, so I'm looking at at least 2 nights here, which could very easily turn into until I have the baby.

Is baby doing ok though?? 36 weeks is pretty good going. My DS1 had minimal fluid for a while due to warts not replenishing quick enough after PPROM. Fingers crossed for you though. Keep us updated!!! Xxx

So the scan went okay. She was able to find some fluid, but she said my fluid was definitely low. However, she did not find Sara to be measuring behind as far as I could tell. She did say her kidneys appeared to be functioning well, as well as her other organs, heart all good etc. I was worried about her kidney function since the baby really starts making amniotic fluid after 20 weeks or so by their pee, so if there is low fluid it can signal a kidney problem. I will know more when the doctor comes to see me. She was a really great ultrasound tech, she was chatty and funny and kept me nice and relaxed.

She is definitely still a girl too! Hope the doctor comes back with a good report.

Glad they're taking good care of you misspriss. But sorry you're having to be in hospital at all! Fingers crossed your little girl can stay in for longer (last pregnancy, my son was in for 2.5 weeks after water broke so he did just fine with low fluid).

I've been having contractions (not painful though) about every 20 minutes for the past 4 hours. Just put a call in to doctors office and waiting for a call back. Not sure if this is start of labor or just Braxton hicks that happen to be coming more often...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->