Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

I've replied, def get checked. Better safe than sorry :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thats what david said.

Hold on....... Wheres olivias mummy? ....

:wave:

Nic, I'm Amy btw, been away a bit last few days after the spotting, which still don't know what it is. Did I read that right about toasterheads?:haha:

Yep never trust a 35 weeker, I have 2 and both fared worse than my 33 weeker. Sherri :hugs: It really doesn't make too much difference which gestation, although I understand te relief that comes with getting further.

My dream is to get to 28 weeks after being told I'd be lucky to get to 24 this time.

Sb, I can't imagine how strange it is to be on the actual day you went into labour with Alex:hugs: Will go try and find your thread but I'm probably too late to give advice now with the time difference.

I was fine.... I updated the 3rd tri thread

I cant sleep now though im in tears. This is too much now, its really hit me. My first pregnancy snatched away and my second full of worry, no enjoyment. I am thankful for my babies, but it still doesnt seem fair. :(

Sb :hugs: I haven't seen the update and had to nip out before could reply in 3rd tri, really hope you're ok. I know what you mean about the enjoyment, its different when your experiences of pregnancy/ birth are not what you watch millions of other women enjoy and take for granted.

Yep toaster heads! Because prems sometimes get that long narrow shaped head, I guess?

Toaster heads :rofl:

Happy 24 weeks Amy!

Xxxxxxx

Toaster heads?? What did I miss out on?? Lol. And I also lived in the hospital... but don't even get me started on that 5 month stay... Holy crap! Prison style washrooms which I had to share with diiirrrrtttty women, nurses who yelled at me constantly when I questioned what was happening... a psych isolation room directly over my head, where the woman kept screaming and throwing herself at the walls and floor constantly... day and night, oh and a haunted, abandoned hospital room.... Don't even laugh.

But toaster heads is a new one for me.... We used to rotate Greg's head all the time, and I would like manually straighten his ears out because they would get stuck to the side of his head and all curled in due to the lack of cartilege. So now, he has some pretty nice ears and a pretty good shaped head.

I'm glad you are doing better SB, and I am sorry that the fear and such is starting to get over overwhelming.

Thanks sb, is it sandi?, yey never thought would get this far:happydance: How you feeling this morning?

Toaster heads is soo funny :rofl: Will keep my eye open for that one!

Lianne how are you doing?:flower:

Sherri what hospital was Greg born at?

mummy3 im ok thanks. lost sum of my mucus plug last night, rang hospital and she said if i lose anymore or have pains etc then to ring back, ive had none again so im happy. this is exactly how it started with tyler. stay put little man x

mummy3 im ok thanks. lost sum of my mucus plug last night, rang hospital and she said if i lose anymore or have pains etc then to ring back, ive had none again so im happy. this is exactly how it started with tyler. stay put little man x

Aww he needs a few more weeks yet! It's good that it seems to be settling though and you've lost no more:hugs:

Sherri - I meant to say earlier, of course Greg isn't too old for the VIP thread! He is an important preemie right? Trust me older preemies really do offer so much hope to those just going through it. It shows light at the end of the tunnel!

Plus who doesn't want to show off their kiddos?! he he

Oooo yes Sherri I'd love to hear Greg's story and see some photos of him during his NICU journey and some pics of him now. It's great t osee how preemies do as they get older.

Yeah Amy it's sandi xxxx

Okay, I will try to get something together for the VIP section. All of the original pics of him were taking on instant cameras though, and I can't scan them. But I think Ian has set up photo sharing with the downstairs computer, so there might be some through that computer that I can scam.

He was actually born at Victoria General Nic. I fricking LOVED it there!! They were sooo awesome, and so much different than the way I was treated at BC Womens, which is why I am considering asking my OB now if she can have a preference stated as to my hospital of choice if the shit hits the fan again.

I honestly don't want to have anything to do with BC Womens. They can do my cerclage I guess, and they had better do a damn good job. But after that, I want to cut ties with them. I mean... look at the mess up with my paper work to get my cerclage done. And then, when they finally called me on Friday to tell me all of my paper work had been lost, they said it wasn't unusual for women to get cerclages way later than 14 weeks, so we had plenty of time still. And that's when I cut in and said 'no, I don't want a RESCUE cerclage which is placed after the 14th week, and after the cervix has had a chance to change. I want a PREVENTATIVE one before it DOES change!' So yeah, I don't really like the attitude at BC Womens. They obviously think anyone who isn't a Dr is a git, and I for one, am most definately NOT!

Greg was in hospital at Victoria Gen for 6 weeks, before they helicoptered us to Vancouver General, and we hopped the plane to Prince George Regional Hospital. I believe we left sometime around April 6th or so.... just a guess. And we were in PG until discharge on July 16th.

Lianne, I really hope things settle down for you soon, and that your little guy plans to stay in longer.

Okay, now I don't know how many of you ladies have had cerclages or anything. So maybe you don't know, but I thought I'd ask. So for the past couple of days, I have been getting achy pains from my cervix. And I have had some mild cramping from my uterus. There is that heavy feeling like I am going to start bleeding soon... Anyways, I had cramps and the heavy feeling with Devon off and on, and I think it was associated with the uterus growing, and the increase in blood volume. Anyways, I had really sharp vaginal pains with her, like knife stabs. Well the OB said it was just nerves. But I don't remember this achy feeling. So I was wondering, do you ladies think it is from my cervix already changing? Or is it nerves still? Or do you think it is just pain from where I ripped through my McDonald cerclage with Devon?

I know no one can say for sure. And there doesn't seem to be any point in going to the ER to get checked out, since I would refuse an internal. And our ER doesn't have access to an ultrasound machine, so I wouldn't get one of those either. And I mean, if I'm miscarrying, there is nothing they can do anyways. I have learned that in my many pregnancies. Basically, if the baby isn't viable on the outside, I know they can't do anything for it inside if that is going to happen. So... should I be worried? There is no bleeding or spotting yet, thank God and knock on wood. And the aches aren't continuous or anything... Its just every now and then, and sometimes a few right after the other, I will get that ache...

I don't know.... Being pregnant after a preemie, after multiple miscarriages and missed miscarriages, and after neo natal loss, is really a complicated, worrisome time.

Sherri,those pains you describe are certainly what I have had this time, I don't have a stitch though, they feel my cervix length is good. I did phone triage about them , and when I mentioned it to the midwife at the consultant she gave me that knowing smile.
"you hear that all the time?" I asked "ooh yes"" she smiled. It's nerves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->