Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

yea i agree with u sb, i have had those pains, feels like baby is gonan drop out iykwim. i was told nerves too. my cervix has been fine too. :hugs:

oh and im 32 weeks 2day :happydance:

Thank you so much ladies. It is definately nerve wracking. Its worse when I am sitting upright or standing up. So maybe I will just take it easy for a bit.

Sherri, it does sound like normal stretching, I defo get those types of twinges.

I went to get checked today, cervical length down to 2.1cm now from 3.3cm last time and bleeding OB does think is from the low placenta. My restrictions have been increased, being allowed up to only eat and go to bathroom is going to be very interesting with 3 small children:dohh: Eilidh is still measuring big though:thumbup:

Getting it checked again next week and now have terb pills to take if contractions go to more than 4 an hour. Progesterone doesn't seem to be doing much though!

Nerves make your cervix feel weird?! That's not good.

Nic yeah, it's reeeeally odd!

I'm off for my booking appt at noon, really not looking forward to the bit of the appt where you have to discuss previous pregnancies/births :( Do they steal blood from you at booking appts?

Think so lot tie, yes they do actually, in fact you'll be there mow so I will text u this lol

Wow today's appt was rather different than I expected. My booking appt with Findlay was really long as the midwife went through all the pages in the notes asking questions and ticking boxes. Today this new midwife seemed in a great hurry so she just weighed and measured me, told me my EDD, took my bloods and then sent me home to fill in all the rest of the questions in the book myself!
I need not have worried about getting upset over the in depth questions about my pregnancy/delivery with Findlay as all she asked was was he a natural delivery, I said no he was an emergency csection at 35wks due to abruption and explained I'd had retroplacental clots earlier in the pregnancy, had my show at 27wks and had been on bed rest from not long after that until he turned up and she didn't really say anything about it.

She is referring me to the consultant purely due to F's chromosome issue so the consultant can speak to me about whether I want an amnio and for no other reason :wacko: Love the way you can be high risk due to a medical condition and a previous preemie but if F didn't have his genetic issue meaning I might want an amnio in this pregnancy I wouldn't be referred to the consultant.

She weighed me wearing my shoes which showed I was 47kg so she said she thought I'd be about 42kg without shoes/clothes and then proceeded to say that the consultant might want to speak to me about that as I'm underweight which is ridiculous, I'm about the same weight I was when I was pregnant with Findlay and noone ever said anything about my weight then and it's not exactly like I am super stick thin or anything as I'm only 5ft 2 tall. Surely she'd have got a more accurate weight by weighing me without my shoes?! I've never been weighed with shoes on before and certainly never then had weight deducted for shoes/clothes :wacko:

She's filled my BP in as 98/60 but she didn't actually do it!! I am guessing this is down to the fact that I have magical blood pressure that doesn't ever change unless I lose lots of blood.

I needn't have worried about her reaction to me saying that I'm having my scans done privately as she couldn't have cared less.

Ah well I'm now not seeing her again now until I'm 19 weeks.

Hope everyone is having a good day xxx

Wow, she seems like a bint? Is there snyone else you can see? You need someone a bit supportive than that?

In saying that however, i could safely say i wouldnt need my midwife, i just phone consultant ot nhs 24 or triage. The history flashes up on their systems before you can say jimmy get me oot.

No she is the only midwife that comes to the surgery. I've just spoken to my OH on the phone who's going a bit mad and is now saying he will come along to the consultant appt to make sure that they are going to do all the checks they should do on me.

I've got no history on the hospital system up here if I phone them as F was born in Dorset. Wow that si fantastic you have contact details for your consultant. I only saw the consultant once, poss twice during my whole pregnancy with Findlay and I never had any contact details for her and it's the same consultant I'll see this time.

Oh how I wish I could just move to Dorset when I hit 16 weeks (when probs become much more likely) and not come back until after baby arrives as the midwives and maternity unit down there are fab!

Honestly, with Alex I had the same midwife. I barely seen her. And I didn't miss her. Yes she was nice enough but not what I need.
The consultant is better because they are more in depth, go over your history and notes with Findlay I bet too. I see mine every 4 weeks and they are so much better than a basic midwife, and reassuring.

I do think the computer system is standard around Scotland... I imagine so. One call to nhs and they bring up ur details on computer and a thing flashes on screen if u r high risk. They take you blooming serious right away.

Hopefully Aberdeen will request a copy of my notes from Dorset then so they can see what went on (as F was born in Dorset the hospital there kept his notes).
When I saw the consultant last time all she did was just agree that I did need extra growth scans because of my lupus (as in addition to everything else it can also cause iugr in bump) and that was about it, I was in and out in 10 mins plus a midwife checked my bp and my urine. That is fantastic you see your consultant every 4 weeks :thumbup: I'm hoping the consultant will see me regularly this time.
I'm hoping I get an appt through soon to go back down to the lupus in pregnancy clinic in London as my consultant there is amazing and kept such a close eye on me last time :thumbup: Going to phone the hospital in London in the morning and chase them up about it as not had an appt date through yet.

Liannes popped off to the hospital guys, mind she said about her plug? Shes ot some aches, her bump buddy is updating here

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/507019-prayers-lianne1986-ladies-please-2.html

Oh Lianne please come back and say it was a false alarm! Praying for you sweetheart, bubs too of course! :hugs:

Well ladies...Im home from my scan! Boo is JUST FINE! My hemorrhage is gone which is likely why I have been bleeding. I am measuring right for my dates, and not my doctors! HA HA :finger: to my doctor who was "soooooo sure" his dates were right. he he.

My cervix however is only 3.1 cm at it's longest and that was with a muscle contraction at the bottom this making it look longer than it is. So is this bad? The doctor (the one at the ultrasound place not mine) said everything looked normal.

I swear my husband and I saw a little something something between baby's legs! But it's too early to tell since boys don't usually fully develop their stuff till 16 weeks.

Heartbeat is 153 I know Lakai's was a lot faster but of course I can't find my post on here saying what it was!

So all it good!!! :happydance:

HAPPY 28 WEEKS SANDI!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hope Lianne is doing ok and it was just a false alarm.

Nic: Glad everything went well with your scan :thumbup:

Peeeeeeeee my pants

Im waiting on the bus to see the consultant and get the ffn test again.

I hate hate hate swabs. HATE!

i updted in 3rd tri ladies, thank u so much for ur support.

sandi i had tht fFn test last night and feckin hated it, it really hurt me :(

Its horrid eh? If ur not relaxed then it can be a bugger, i hate the actual swab part urrrrggh i can feel it.

Just waiting on my result now, should be this afternoon.

my results were back really quick, not even half an hour.

hope u get a negative x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->