Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Sandi: I don't know anything about GD but I hope they can sort you out so it doesn't cause any probs. I wonder if that could explain why Alex was so big for her gestation as doesn't GD cause big babies

EXACTLY my thoughts too, I said that to David.

Ok I googled it says those with PCOS are more at risk of developing it? I have PCOS, it explains Alexs weight, too I was never a big eater while pregnant and I'm not now. and explains the sugaring my urine at22 weeks.... Idunno, I am Suss...

Sb, I don't now much about GD only that it can give bigger babies, can it be controlled by diet?:flower:

Yeah i think so, i did cone aceoss the words pre eclampsia though :/

Thanks for avatar comments! :flower: I will be finding out what baby is packing for sure, I can't wait for anything....why else would I be in this section? (ok I know bad joke..but come on we need to laugh!)

I am so angry at my boobs. They make me take all these bloody herbs to keep my milk supply up, when all I had to do was get pregnant again apparently? I am dieing in pain ladies. I am FULL of milk! FULL! Ive had leaky boobs since 6 weeks. And now I am letting down every bloody time Lakai is in the cradle position (any time I rock him to sleep...so twice a day!), I let down typing "let down". :cry:

I talked to my doctor who was like "oh well you can't do anything about it, it can cause preterm labor". I knew that, but how can I have full boobs for 26 weeks!? I remember with pumping after a few weeks my let down, backed off. Would pumping be so bad?

HELP! My boobs need your advice. :rofl:

Don't pump!!!! Apparently nipple stimulation can cause preterm labour so I wouldn't risk it. I'm not having major let down like you are but I'm all milky too, not helped by the fact Findlay thinks squeezing my boobs and nipple twiddling is a brilliant hobby :wacko:

Findlay is a wee perv I'm telling you. :nope: butter would melt and all but I know his game.....

Nic, I feel for you Hun. But ive had milky boobies all the way from when I was 18 weeks with Alex til I got pregnant again. Ok, maybe not as much as you, but still. I have em back but I'm not as leaky as before. :/ where's me milk! :shock: I want to breastfeed his time, David wants me to breastfeed more than I do :rofl: he gets awful proud at these things.....

Just leave em, totally leave em Hun.

I really really want to breastfeed this time too, I never wanted to with Findlay which is why I expressed but there's no way I could look after Findlay, bump and exclusively express for a year again so I'm going to give the direct breastfeeding a go. Apparently we can do it in the Moby wrap Sandi so hands free feeding :thumbup:

Oooh I did read that....... This moby wrap malarky looks confusing though. Gonna get a teddy out and try it one day lol

I am for sure BF if I can. I won't pump, as I know nipple stim can for sure cause labor. But my gawd, these things are KILLING me. Lakai doesn't help he sticks his head (well tries) down the front of my shirt all the time! Trying to motor boat me!

I am going to try mastering the hands free wrap/sling feeding too.

I think our babies add to it. Alex never had an interest in bf but now she's allllwats battering about the boobs. You're a lit late,lex....

when are u goin for GD test sandi?
i have always thought if i cud have had GD with tyler, he was 5lb 5oz at 32 weeks. altho they arnt sure if he as born at 36 weeks.

my dates say he was born at 36wks there dates they gave me i wud have been 32 weeks.

i am really thirsty atm but i only had my urine tested on tuesday and it was all clear!
so i doubt i have.

im going to express milk for baby and forumla feed if neccassary.

Girls girls girls

I jumped onto Alexs Facebook group page and found Olivias mums tracked me down and left a message

Hi hun its olivias mum from bnb,just letting you know that Grace was born on the 14th at 28+4,shes ventilated but doing ok,having some trouble with her blood not Clotting so waiting on test results,i forgot how stressful this is!i cant log on bnb but there are pics of her on my profile :) hope your doing well x x x

I'll see if she wants me to show u some pics, ive added her to my personal FB page xx

SB...please pass on my congratulations :flower:

aww congratulations to her. :hugs:

id love to see pics.

hope everyone is doin ok x

Nic, I wouldn't pump, I bf Anja up until 16 weeks this pregnancy then told to stop and not stimulate the breasts to try and prevent preterm labour, thankfully she was pretty much self weaned anyway. All you can do really is lots of breast pads and try to avoid triggers as much as possble.

Dippy :hugs: Sorry I missed your explanation earlier, I can't believe they won't give you a stitch thats awful:nope: Sandi has some good advice about the trials though.

Lol Sandi, I'm pretty sure pre-eclampsia is linked to just about everything! Good luck with the diabetes test I've just learned its mandatory here so off for mine on tuesday.

Good news here though, we had a 4d scan yesterday and Eilidh has an estimated weight of 2lb :shock:

Attachments

• BABY_6.jpg
    BABY_6.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 6
2pm is fab Amy! Loving the piccy too! Xxxx

2 pound even. Stupid pad lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members