Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Wooooah even day gets scarier, 28+5 bugger me!

grace seems to be doing well, I'll refrain from giving details though, that's for olivias mum to announce ;)

Got the midwife tomorrow, oh gotta get a tooth out(so not driving!) and Alex has her first dietician appointment. :dohh: it's gnu be a busy day, I struggle to walk as it is :rofl:

You are sooooooooooooo preggars SB :happydance:

You are sooooooooooooo preggars SB :happydance:

I think so too.... Unless the test was an evap line....:wacko:

:rofl:

Oh I meant OH was getting a tooth out. Not me. Lol. He told me once he had all his teeth but he lied, he qualified for Jeremy Kyle all along and he never told me.:nope: shocking I tell you....

Lmao.

i swear i will neva eva have another tooth out again!!!

Good to hear you've got Dietician apt Sandi, is it Stirling or Larbert, we've had links with both and the women are really nice and helpful. If you don't mind me asking is Alex linked with a dietician simply because she was a premmie? I followed your posts and she seems to be doing so well with feeding (lumps etc) and her pics are gorgeous - she looks like a good weight too - or am i just getting so used to Erin being teeny that I think every baby is huge!:wacko:

Good to hear you've got Dietician apt Sandi, is it Stirling or Larbert, we've had links with both and the women are really nice and helpful. If you don't mind me asking is Alex linked with a dietician simply because she was a premmie? I followed your posts and she seems to be doing so well with feeding (lumps etc) and her pics are gorgeous - she looks like a good weight too - or am i just getting so used to Erin being teeny that I think every baby is huge!:wacko:

Hey Claire
I meant to come back to this last night and forgot, I got carried away with the tv lol.
I'm at Edinburgh sick kids for the dietician. She only got the dietician because at a neonatal check up about 4 months ago the nurse believed that alex should have been doing better than eating plain purees.

However she may have been blinded because her LO was the same age and full term, she was clearly comparing them.

Anyway she referred us to the dietician. In the meantime,waiting for the appointment, Alex basically flicked a switched and managed to eat lumps. It's improved month by month and she's doing great with normal foods now.

I'll bash up a thread in a min because the appointment went well. Are you having probs with Erin eating lumps? Xxxx

I'm gonna ask for a water birth :shock:

Sod it.... No harm asking! :rofl:

She said if I get to 37 weeks then she doesn't see why not, it's a yes!

Hey Claire
I meant to come back to this last night and forgot, I got carried away with the tv lol.
I'm at Edinburgh sick kids for the dietician. She only got the dietician because at a neonatal check up about 4 months ago the nurse believed that alex should have been doing better than eating plain purees.

However she may have been blinded because her LO was the same age and full term, she was clearly comparing them.

Anyway she referred us to the dietician. In the meantime,waiting for the appointment, Alex basically flicked a switched and managed to eat lumps. It's improved month by month and she's doing great with normal foods now.

I'll bash up a thread in a min because the appointment went well. Are you having probs with Erin eating lumps? Xxxx

Ah right i remember reading how she just seemed to turn a corner - well done Alex! Erin is not great with lumps. She was doing better before her surgery, the dietician said its normal to loose confidence again due to being ventilated and NG fed again whilst in hosp. She's a wee toad though, told to try bite and dissolve foods and she can finish a bowl or watsits, puts whole quavers in her mouth, polishes off prawn crackers etc but sneak a wee soft carrot into her puree and she will find it - at least now she manages to spit it out rather than gag and vomit! Dietician told us to go back to puree's and allow her to build her confidence gradually so we'll see. Puree's actually suit me as i can pack in more calories - she is only 13 and half pounds at 13 months so every but counts!:haha:

Iiiiiiim so happy! :) 29 weeks. I was born this gestation! Im gonna like, be more pregnant that my mum was with me!

Ooh my head :rofl:

Went for glucose test today, wont get result til next week :(
Got my fat arse some more maternity jeans. Hurrah for the sales!
And i have everything in for babys buggy. Doubles kit, raincover, even adaptors that turn the second seat into a bouncer....

....all except 1 thing

.... The actual buggy :grr:

Kiddicare have changed the date 3 times now. Im fuming!

Wow the second seat turning into a bouncer sounds brilliant!! :thumbup:

Grrrr about the actual pushchair not turning up though :growlmad:

I hope the results of the glucose test come back ok so you can have your water birth. Is it just a blood test or do you have to eat/drink a certain amount of glucose for the test?

Lottie i had to fast from midnight to appointment. I got my bloids taken, then had to drink 410mls of Lucozade, and go back for another test 2 hours later.

Which was totally fine but oooooh the heartburn!

Oooo I'd be bouncing off the ceiling after that much sugar! :haha:

Are you suffering badly with the heartburn? :hugs:

Really bad :( poppin gaviscon like sweeties. :( Specially during the night
Getting a prescription tomorrow cause its costing a bomb :(

Oooo not good :( Have you tried Zantac instead in case that works better for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->