Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

I really wanna join this thread again as preggars :haha: although I haven't really left it even after having Amber :blush:

Just gotta wait for my nasty cells evacuation treatment, then hopefullyyyyyyyyyyy.....

Ahhhh another beanie has been born...I'm giving no details though, I did leave a message to say to pop by and update us on the news :)

You&me I'm excited for you! How is Amber doin? Xxx

AOB my midwife said I could have a water birth this time so long as I reach term, I guessing similar would apply? But I would definatley recommend discussing your TTC plans with a doctor or someone just so you know what would be ahead of you. :thumbup:

Thanks Sandie :flower:

Another Q, do you get monitored more in future pregnancies once you have had a preterm birth? x

Generally, yes Hun. It's often after 12 weeks though- I got hormonal and cried and posted in GS because I thought I wasn't gonna get looked after and I was petrified :rofl:

Sometimes you get consultant care, which is good. I see the consultant every four weeks and they just check every things ok, and in my case, take swabs to check for infection, because that's all they can pin Alexs birth on. :shrug:

I've only ever had 1 extra scan though, and that was only to measure my cervix to rule cervical incompetence out.

All my other scans have been at the early pregnancy unit(because of my previous miscarriages) and via the OPPTIMUM trial, which is worth asking about too. I found doing the trial has been beneficial because they have been there to reassure me between other appointments and they can measure cervix too :) the lady who does it explained that if I know anyone who's even just TTC, to go have a chat with whosever in charge in your area.

Why was Leni early again Hun? Xxxx

Ooooo how exciting! I look forward to reading an update :)

I had an "OMG there is a small person in me" moment last night when I found bump on the doppler :rofl: I must have sounded like a mad person wandering round the house going "omg I'm pregnant, I'm pregnant" and poor Sandi got a message to that effect on FB lol.

Is it possible to get BH at almost 15 weeks? I had them from 19 weeks with Findlay and I would swear that was what I just had a minute ago but I didn't think you could get them this early??

I've got an appt through to see my lupus in pregnancy consultant down in London at the start of March so that is fab and I will see what he wants to do with me other than take his usual 13 vials of blood to check all my organs and bits and find out how often he wants me to have growth scans done. I'm anticipating him putting me on blood thinners as well as my usual meds but we'll see what he says.
Either just before or just after that appt comes breaking the news to my Mum, eek! Well I might not exactly need to break the news once she opens the door to me as I'll be almost 21 weeks by then and my normally perfectly flat tummy is no longer in any way flat so goodness knows what it will be like by then!

I am such a tube I forgot to mail you back lol! I will do once lexi has her lunch, be back soon !!!

I really wanna join this thread again as preggars :haha: although I haven't really left it even after having Amber :blush:

Just gotta wait for my nasty cells evacuation treatment, then hopefullyyyyyyyyyyy.....

lol im aching to join the thread also but @ the same time im really SCARED :haha:

You&me I'm excited for you! How is Amber doin? Xxx

She is great, thanks for asking :flower:

Had her weighed today and the little fatty is 13lbs 14ozs :saywhat: I checked Reagan's red book and she reached the same weight at 27 weeks!!...It is so weird, Reagan was tiny for so long and stayed my little baby for what seemed forever, Amber has already lost that newborn look because she is so chunky!!

OMG, SB, you are pretty much term now!! Well... what I think of as term anyways :roll:

Lottie, I can't believe you haven't told your mom yet! On one level, I get it, but its your mom!! I couldn't put this over on my mom. She saw the area on my arm where I'd had bloods done, and she was all in my face 'why did they draw blood again? You just had your progesterone test 3 days ago? So why did you do another blood test? Are you pregnant? Do they think you are? They think you are, don't they?'

It was like the Inquisition! So I had to admit that yes, they thought I was pregnant. And I asked her not to tell my dad, because he's the one who never wants me to TTC again after a loss. And she held out for about 2 weeks before she told him :(

Still haven't told my brother's though....

Sherri: I live nearly 650 miles away from my Mum though so I only get to see her around twice a year anyway plus she isn't in good health. She got rushed into hospital by ambulance just before Christmas with more heart problems and was told she needed to be kept as stress free as poss, when she told me that there was no way I could put all this stress on her at that point. Hopefully her chemo drugs will have started to kick in by the time I see her in March and so her heart won't be flaring up and I'll be able to tell her.

You&me: Fab news on Ambers weight :thumbup: She's heavier than Findlay lol.

AOB my midwife said I could have a water birth this time so long as I reach term, I guessing similar would apply? But I would definatley recommend discussing your TTC plans with a doctor or someone just so you know what would be ahead of you. :thumbup:

Another Q, do you get monitored more in future pregnancies once you have had a preterm birth? x

Generally, yes Hun. It's often after 12 weeks though- I got hormonal and cried and posted in GS because I thought I wasn't gonna get looked after and I was petrified :rofl:

Sometimes you get consultant care, which is good. I see the consultant every four weeks and they just check every things ok, and in my case, take swabs to check for infection, because that's all they can pin Alexs birth on. :shrug:

I've only ever had 1 extra scan though, and that was only to measure my cervix to rule cervical incompetence out.

All my other scans have been at the early pregnancy unit(because of my previous miscarriages) and via the OPPTIMUM trial, which is worth asking about too. I found doing the trial has been beneficial because they have been there to reassure me between other appointments and they can measure cervix too :) the lady who does it explained that if I know anyone who's even just TTC, to go have a chat with whosever in charge in your area.

Thank you for the reassurance hun :hugs:

Good question .. i have never really been given an answer. The said it could be because i had group b strep. I haven't been given a definitive answer though x

AOB you sound like a perfect candidate Hun. If u want me to find out the contacts for your area, I can. The OPPTIMUM trial is based at my hospital :) I knew a few girls on BnB who live way far away and are offered it.

AOB you sound like a perfect candidate Hun. If u want me to find out the contacts for your area, I can. The OPPTIMUM trial is based at my hospital :) I knew a few girls on BnB who live way far away and are offered it.

Oh please Sandie if you don't mind xxx

OMG, SB, you are pretty much term now!! Well... what I think of as term anyways :roll:

Sherri I have pointed this out already on this thread but I really don't think those remarks are the most supportive on this thread.

There are many mummies I know who reached a few weeks short of term. Who reached even 32 weeks+ , but because of their prematurity they have incurred more issues than say, my 27 weeker.

There is no 'safe gestation' when it comes to preemies and I think a bit of consideration is in order, especially as there are a few members here who will not take so kindly to that statement but won't say anything.

Personally I am beginning to think you think I don't have a purpose in this section.

OMG, SB, you are pretty much term now!!

She's nowhere near term Sherri! She'll only be 30 weeks tomorrow!!! If 30 weeks is 'pretty much term' then obviously I shouldn't even be in here with my 35 weeker as he must be classed as well and truly overdue!

Lottie, I can't believe you haven't told your mom yet! On one level, I get it, but its your mom!! I couldn't put this over on my mom.

Sorry but I think your comment to Sandi is bit offensive, 29 weeks is not "pretty much" term. 37 weeks is. And because this is a support thread for preemie parents who are currently pregnant, that comment is not very supportive. I get you have different feelings/views about it due to your history. But I think you need to be a bit more sensitive to other people.

There are other preemie parents on this thread and this section of the forum who have 32 weekers and older who have many issues...more than Lakai even.

Like sb22 said and I have said before, there is no "safe gestation" and 29 weeks is far from term!

And regarding Lottie, all I can say is...you don't know the full story about her and her mom. Or Lottie's situation, so there is nothing more to be said about that.

Just my humble opinion, take it or leave it.

I have always tried to be supportive of you, so I hope you will be not too offended by my opinion.

Anyways on another topic...when you went MIA for so long, I looked at some of your old posts (not stalking I swear...ok a little) and saw you were down here. Oddly enough I was at Women's when you were, since I know so many people who work there I asked around to see if I could find you (just to drop off some flowers at the nurses station on your floor..not to actually harass you! :winkwink:). But no one could find you! :dohh:

Sherri I have pointed this out already on this thread but I really don't think those remarks are the most supportive on this thread.

There are many mummies I know who reached a few weeks short of term. Who reached even 32 weeks+ , but because of their prematurity they have incurred more issues than say, my 27 weeker.

There is no 'safe gestation' when it comes to preemies and I think a bit of consideration is in order, especially as there are a few members here who will not take so kindly to that statement but won't say anything.

Personally I am beginning to think you think I don't have a purpose in this section.

Honestly I can't quite believe the statement from the OP here. Sandi, you are one calm lady to have put this quite as well as you have.

Thank you for the reassurance hun :hugs:

Good question .. i have never really been given an answer. The said it could be because i had group b strep. I haven't been given a definitive answer though x

They are keen to recruit for OPPTIMUM. It was suggested for us for a future PG as I have had 2 preterm births now. If you go to their webpage you can contact the team and request login access. https://www.opptimum.org.uk/

I don't really understand why they have not done extra scans Sandi as they were scan crazy with Emma at the ERI. But your bump is looking fabby though!!!

I don't really understand why they have not done extra scans Sandi as they were scan crazy with Emma at the ERI. But your bump is looking fabby though!!!

I think just because of Alexs birth, her growth was fine, everything was fine right up til that day. Even when I had her no infection was found, they can only thin it was an unknown infection.

Sadly they admitted they can't pick up every infection.

I had an EPU at 7 weeks
13 weeks dating
17 weeks cervical
20 weeks anomaly
23 weeks cervix again but only via OPPTIMUM

Opptimum asked about Alexs birthweight 2 weeks ago but because she was such a good weight, and diabetes has been out ruled, and I'm measuring spot on, they don't think it's worth another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->