Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

This is our scan pic!
I found it so weird watching this baby on screen when atbthis point, Alex was nearly 3 weeks old and we seen her for real?!?!

https://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx359/alexsmall/b3e803b4.jpg

Well hospital bag is properly finished. Its hard to know whst you need when u havent packed one before! Has anyone heard from lianne? Shes been so quiet?

Awe great scan pic! And I bet it is weird seeing baby on screen...but kinda cool at the same time right?

I don't want to beat a dead topic but sorry I totally forgot about the other times and hurtful things being said. Sorry.

Where is everyone? This is not a thread you can just disappear from ladies!! :hugs:

I am on my way to bedrest I think, I am on my doctor's current idea of bed rest as of yesterday. I can still do things, but if I get more bleeding/cramping game over and I have to rest till it stops..and if it doesn't then I will be on full bedrest. I hate not being able to do things!

For some odd reason my doctor refuses to go with the dates the latest US showed, of being a week ahead. She is so stuck on the 6 week US being correct..and the one at 13.5 weeks being wrong! Is this normal?

I hope everyone is ok!

hey guys :wave: just wanted to point out that term doesnt always mean your baby is gona be fine. i had Cameron at 38weeks and he was very ill to the point we got told that if we were gona christen him then we had to do asap.
i got the jealousy thing 2 but the other way round. i got very jealous when i seen these little babies that were premature getting to leave nnicu and my baby was this whopping 6lb8 38weeker. i didnt understand why my huge baby was so ill when all the other littler babies were leaving ( i now understand that prob most of those bubs had been in for a hell of a long time and had come through loads but at the time i just didnt understand) sorry for butting in but i thought that 37weeks and nothing would go wrong and it did. hope you are all doing good :) xxx

Hey nic
What was the differences between the two US?
Obviously it kinda matters going by lakais story and gestation ykwim?

Xxxxx

A lot has happened since i peeped in on you ladies last, but as a read though the many pages all i saw was INSPIRATION all of us premie moms have a unique story as to how we got this title/disignation. I guess what im trying to say is that we may say things on this thread that seem inocent to us @ the time but may be unerving to others at the end of the day itruly think we are all wishing and hoping for the same thing a healthy full term baby. So lets keep inspiring one another.
whenever i come on here i think of this thread as the Inspiration thread IMO.

I'm really worried about lianne tbh nic, it's not like her

I ink she's ok, the puppy ate her laptop charge :haha:

Hello ladies!

Not much going on here other than me stressing out as usual.

Sandi: I know it sounds so stupid but I am soooo jealous that you haven't had to pack your bag before 30 weeks! I can't imagine what it's like getting that far before having to do it. Oooo and I saw someone today with your new pushchair and it looks really nice

Nic: Good idea to rest lots. I haven't seen my consultant yet but I'm doing the same and have been on self imposed pelvic rest (poor D!) as if I overdo it/lift anything heavy or participate in 'naughty' activities I end up bleeding. I'm terrified of ending up on full bedrest again this time now as I can't see how I could do it with F to look after.

Have you started having BH yet at all Nic? I swear that's what I've started getting over the past week but I didn't get them with F until I was 19 weeks and I wasn't sure if it was even possible to get them this early on :shrug:

LOL at Lianne's puppy! My old laptop has electrical tape wrapped around part of the charger after one of my cats chewed through the outer covering of the cable.

Lot tie you can get BH earlier in subsequent pregnancies. In fact loads of people get them early, they just don't notice. :hugs:

The buggy is cool huh? We spent weeks eyeing up others buggys and when we seen that one we always nudged each other and gave in. Dunno if it fits the car tho? A www sod it. I'm hoping to use the moby wrap a bit so I don't have to struggle with our stairs.

Oh phew, glad to know I'm not going mad then!

I'm going to have to use the Moby for carrying bump around or if Dave is home and we're going out we'll have to push one each :dohh:

Did you carry findlay a lot then?

I never carried Findlay as a baby, when he wasn't in hospital he just got pushed around in his Silver Cross Sleepover.

Not got much choice but to carry bump if I'm on my own as I can't push the pram and Findlay on my own. Bump had better bloomin like being carried!

Thats what im hoping! I used a cheap argos carrier for a bit with alex, D could use it too, it was so funny, women would pour over this guy and the 'newborn' :rofl:
Then the reflux came and trust me-puke when baby is attached to you its baaaaad! I remember getting to the bus stop and she drenched me, had to go home!

So i decided to go for the moby if i do push on with breastfeeding. Really intending to, but im scared, worried, eeep!
If i cant its fine, i at least want to try and save money and work sterilising.

Who am i kidding, i just dont want anyone thinking they can feed her to 'help' :rofl: you know who i mean!

We had the Baba sling when F was first home from NICU but he got lost in it as he was so little and it wasn't comfy as it put all the weight on one shoulder so it never really got used.

I'm really nervous about breastfeeding too but I know there's no way I can EE again with 2 to look after so I'm determined to give it a go. Nearer the time I'm going to find out details for a lactation consultant so I've got them ready as I'd rather have the contact details and not need them than find baby won't latch on etc, the midwives are crap and I'm getting super stressed. At least the girls in the breastfeeding section on here are really friendly and helpful too.
I think it will make life much easier if I can bf in a Moby as then I can do physio, sensory work etc with F whilst the baby is feeding plus it will be more discreet in public (as the idea of bf in front of people terrifies me as I'm really self conscious). Findlay *loves* the Moby but not quite sure how long I'll be able to carry him in it once I get a big bump lol.

At least I escape the MIL's 'helpful' comments this time! (I know that sounds awful considering the reason why I escape her but it's sooooo true)

I love how Findlay can still easy fit into the moby, if Alex could I would have tried a while back. I have to make do with teddies testing things haha!

EE was so hard for me once Alex came home, I think I was in a pretty bad way back then but couldn't see it. I tried but gave in to formula. I was guilty for a week but i got over it, tried to give myself the consolation prize of alexs tattoo :rofl: very jeremy Kyle lol
I'd just try and if I felt I was fallin apart I'd stop. I have a feeling I will need my anti depressants as soon as i give birth, I'm struggling as it is? I refused to take them in pregnancy.

I thought pregnancy hormones cheered you up? I dunno :shrug: I have good days and bad days . Today's been a bad day but me and Alex have had a go on the karaoke on xbox and shes giving me kisses. She never does that? Bless her. We've been looking at tattoos too(after BF obviously), I want song lyrics but Leona Lewis was on a minute ago with Run and i cannot listen to that without crying now, it's what I heard when I was in hospital with alex and I sat in ward room crying.(well snow patrol) So I think it'll be that one!

I think I only managed to carry on for so long was because he was so poorly and when he was in hospital all the time it felt like the only thing I could actually do for him myself iykwim as he always felt like the hospital's baby.

I am so relieved to hear you saying about good days and bad days! I'm finding I'm having more of the nightmares and flashbacks now I'm preg again but thought I was perhaps just being odd. I'm definately not having many good days at the moment but I'm hoping that the anomaly scan and amnio will prove the bad feeling I have wrong and then I can calm down a bit and then just concentrate on keeping my placenta behaving itself and keeping my legs crossed.

I'm going to make sure this time that if I am not great after the birth that I see a nice gp and get them to do something as the one I saw when I got back up here wasn't very sympathetic at all and when I explained about all the nightmares and flashbacks his answer was sleeping tablets (which I didn't take) and he just told me he'd maybe send me for counselling after F was better and out of hospital, by the time that finally happened when he was 8 months old I was 'ok' and had sort of dealt with it.

It's funny how something as simple as a song can cause such strong memories. Wires was the first song on the radio when we left F in NICU and it was on loads during all his hospital stays so I only need to hear the start of it and I'm in floods of tears (not good when it comes on when you're in the middle of Tesco :dohh:). I'd never be brave enough to have a tattoo, I hate needles lol. Have we seen Alex's tattoo?

Awww Lotties, wires is the song that always gets me....we have a cd of it in Reagan's baby memory box for when she is older!!

Wires was the song I had actually intended, right up til today. But Run seemed to be more personal to me and Alex. DH doesn't even know about that song or it's meaning to me. Pretty much because at that point all I wanted was Alex to get better and I could run away with her :haha:

I think you have, it's on my hand, but often looks like a design so some people don't notice, it's slightly thicker since this pic because I had to get it done twice to make it 'set' better, because it's my hand and obviously gets worn quick

https://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx359/alexsmall/94ad848c.png

hello ladies im back!

im almost 35 weeks now :D

happy belated 30 weeks sandi!

im sorry certain ppl have been insensitive on this thread. 30weeks is far from term, tyler was a 32weeker!

im still 2 weeks from term but im determined to get there!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"