Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Lianne I'm so glad ur ok I asked madly if u were alright then I heard about ur puppy :rofl:

I am so unnerved by the hiccups in my belly right now.

They seemed to be in my arse the other day, DH was :haha:

Sandi, happy belated 30 weeks:happydance: I'm sorry about the positive ffn but theres every chance you'll get further, lol at the hiccups they can strike in some really random places!

Nic, hope you don't have to go on bedrest:hugs:

Lianne did your puppy really eat it?! :rofl: your so close to term now!

Lottie, I need to go read your journal, my son is seeing a geneticist also and is now having his chromosomes studied, we see a great doc at Radys childrens hospital in San Diego, his name is dr Jones. Within one examination, on top of our son not growing in height at all for the year, he spotted that he has an abnormality of the inside of his upper lip, a third nipple and abnormally shaped ears. He's also giving us a referral to a neurobehavioualist for his behavioural issues. We waited so long for this appointment but was totally worth it, although I was very hopeful for an on the spot diagnosis:dohh:

Quick update on me and Eilidh. Well the hubby lost his job a couple of weeks ago, thankfully found a new one within a week, it is an amazing career move for him, but its in Arizona:wacko: So spend the last week, packing up, moving here ( 6 hours in car with 3 under 6 is interesting!) and finding a new OB. Have an appointment on tuesday arranged now, and the hospital has a level 3 NICU ( babies from 23 weeks):happydance:

Insurance is so bloody complicated though, can't understand head nor tail of any of it! Although very very very grateful to have some:thumbup:

Anyhow, another question, have any of you started losing plug from around 26 weeks? I can't remember with my other 3 but think was around 30 weeks.

:rofl: she chewed it, chris put sum special tape around it, it was fine but then she chewed it again,

i ordered one, but it wasnt the right one so had to wait again lol the charger i needed was £25 in the shop, on ebay they were only £8.

2 weeks from being full term. all of this pregnancy i have been sayin i want to go overdue, but now im so close to being full term im happy to go to 37weeks. im constantly in pain, im awake half the night, really really bad heartburn tht makes me throw up, cramps in my legs, bad spd, period pains, ack ache, still havin the odd bout of MS.

so im ready for 37weeks. :)

Lianne, it's a bit of a shocker huh? When u have a preemie you wish u got further but now I'm slowly realising why everyone moans in 3rd tri................
I will say no more, it'd be bad of me, but bugger me, it's really hard. No sleep, and in pain here too!

i sat here right now with awful period pains & back ache. they hurt, they make me brak out into a sweat, but its nothing regular. :(

Lianne :/ that doesnt sound right? X

Lianne, that does sound a bit full-on. You've officially gotten further along than me.. the end is in sight!!

I know what you mean sb.. when i got to 30 weeks, i was trying so hard not to whinge because of the nature of this thread. I kept all my whining to my facebook page where nobody would mind or point out that i was lucky just to be pregnant because nobody knows that more than us lot anyway. Having a prem shouldn't take away your right to complain when you're uncomfortable. Obviously we'd chose the discomfort over the prem experience but hey it still sucks.

I swore I wouldnt complain, so nope :nope: i am pretty shocked to tell you the truth!!! Xx

Lianne, how you feeling now? Naughty puppy:haha: We used to have a cat obsessed with chewing phone cables lol

I think its perfectly normal to moan if you feel sore and uncomfortable, your only human!:hugs: Everyone of us appreciates and understands the importance of every extra day but my goodness, your not expected to not feel:flower:

Lottie,I read some of your journal, will finish asap, but want to say your an amazing mother and your little guy is adorable:hugs:

im sorry for moanin in here last night girls. i should of realised :hugs:
i should be greatful im still pregnant.

i hope everyone is doing well x

Lianne shurrrrrrup youre not superwoman xxxxxx

oh hun. sorry. for sum reason i thought id dreamt it.

what does it mean for u now? x

:hugs: later pregnancy is bloody uncomfortable...moan away!!! I used to beat myself up real bad for moaning after having a preemie, I was so grateful to be more pregnant, but my god it was so uncomfortable and painful!!

SB, what does the positive FFN test mean, I remember something about a 2 week window? Is the positive thing a guarantee or can they be hit or miss?

35 weeks Lianne :happydance:

i know 35 weeks. i can see the light at the end of a long long tunnel haha

I was crying last night talking to DH because i soooo would have done anything to get further with alex, go through more pain than this, so moaning about it, i feel guilt!! Im pretty sick now too though, like morning sickness again :(
If this is what it takes though so be it!!!!

The ffn is no guarantee at allllll. But a slight possibilty. So scan on thurs to see if anythings changed since the last one last thurs. If so, we can consider steroids.

My 'morning' sickness (whoever called it morning needs a lesson in pregnancy!!) came back too SB, so it is pretty normal, although not nice :nope: Towards the end I was walking like an ape too, my belly felt so heavy it kept feeling as if Amber was going to drop out of my hooha :haha:...achey hips, doing a heffa 50 point turn in bed at night, mega heartburn, belly tightenings...all stuff I never felt with Reagan, but got second time around...and learnt it was normal, whatever normal is!!

So does a positive FFN test mean you could labour within the next 2 weeks? And how do they combine those results with a scan, is it your cervix length? Sorry if I am being nosey, just curious as to how it works, tell me to shutup if you want!!

It is so so natural to feel guilt, I still feel it now; that I couldn't bake Reagan for longer, yet I managed to with Amber :cry: I don't know if that guilt will ever go with time.

Yup it's just like that you+me. A negative is reliable. A positive isn't too reliable.

I had a positive at 22 weeks but that was definatley because, in hindsight, I had had sex within the last 72 hours or so. That set it off as a positive :dohh:

I have ensured that won't happen again so its been a surprise this time. :shrug:

But the scan on Thursday had good measurements, it's hard to get an accurate one, so she took the lowest one and even that was good!

So yeah, a test on it's own isn't really any good without a scan after

Jeeeeeeeeeeezooooooo

I have had very sensitive gums this pregnancy, like baaad.
We all went to the dentists today, even alexs first time!
But omg, a check up and a clean was HORRID now!

Urrrgghh I am scarred for life. Nasty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->