Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

not sure what could make them be + twice in a row? did u ask them? hopefully they just they dnt mean anything tho :)

im so happy for u tht u have got to 31 weeks.

lottie ur bump is sooo cute :)

Could, say, something like maybe thrush brewing affect a result?

not sure what could make them be + twice in a row? did u ask them?
I think because a positive can be unreliable and there are so many factors (of which I have no scooby), I just didnt bother asking, I just asked her what would be the best plan, and we agreed to leave it.

Lianne I take it everything is quiet for you now? xxx

Could, say, something like maybe thrush brewing affect a result?

i have nooooo idea, i just know sex can affect it ;) xxx

Sandi I saw you today at Cameron Toll at the food court! Was intending to come over and say hi once Emma finished eating but she is not having her happiest day today and by the time we were organised you were off! So hello anyway! Hope you got on okay at the hospital(I presume that was where you were and for some reason, didn't fancy having lunch at the ERI cafe!!!)

Lesley

I BLOODY KNEW IT i was just too scared to find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought na it cant be.... i bet you saw me looking too!! Just sent you a FB msg lol!

So funny. I teach just along the road from Savacentre and had been in this morning to meet the new headteacher and tell him I don't plan to come back to work until August 2012. I used to always escape there when I was having a manic day at work and couldn't bear to listen to the other teachers moaning at lunchtime!!! Blah11 was sitting behind me at the Singing Kettle the other week and I never even noticed!! BnBers get everywhere!!

Glad to hear that your scan was positive today. Think you are taking the right approach with the other test though, especially if a positive result doesn't always mean anything. Sometimes in these high risk pg you just have to take a step back and say, okay. I just can't worry about this on top of everything else. At my 31 week scan Emma had not grown at all. It was to be repeated the next week but I was told to go home, get everything I needed organised and pack my bag because the chances were I would be having a section the next week. On top of everything else we had to worry about in the pg I just had to get on with it and try to put it out my mind. The next week things were okay again. Hopefully the consultant will have some plan in mind next week when you go.

I will look out for you in Savacentre next week then!!!!

Aye well i might have to give u a shout hun i cant remember what time im due there but maybe a wee coffee is in order.

Oh and girls - i have a ickle strechie :rofl: at my belly button :rofl:

Aye well i might have to give u a shout hun i cant remember what time im due there but maybe a wee coffee is in order.

Oh and girls - i have a ickle strechie :rofl: at my belly button :rofl:

Hopefully the first of many when ya belly gets bigger and baby stays baking!!! :haha:

Im back. Well...looks like everything is ok'ish...babys HB is slower (134) than they would like, hence why they didn't get it on the doppler the ER doctor figures they thought the baby's HB was actually mine, but it's not. Mine was racing.

And the US tech said something kinda interesting "Well you're baby looks just fine...here's HER heartbeat" and kept saying "her". I asked him about it and he said oh it was just habit...?! They cannot tell me until I am past 20 weeks here in Canada...but I think he is fibbing!

So I'm home...on stupid bed rest till Monday when I can see the OBGYN. But right now everything looks ok!?

I wont worry too much hun!! I know we've been that low before, for sure!!!
Interesting about the sex....will you find out? Xxxx

God I'm in a crap mood today :cry: I was up until midnight searching every single website I could find after that bloomin 'viability is 23 weeks now' thread in 2nd tri. When I first read it and that the viability comment had been made by a UK NICU nurse I stupidly allowed myself to get my hopes up that the law had recently changed and therefore if anything happened at 23 weeks they would have to try to help but unfortunately it is still 24 weeks (23 is at discretion of the hospital) and now I feel like utter crap again and hardly slept last night :cry::cry:

I'm normally so good at avoiding all the 'yay I'm viable today' threads as they really annoy/upset me as so many people seem to think they hit 24+0 and the baby will be fine if born at that point as they have never had any reason to sit and read pages and pages of stats on survival rates etc at each weeks gestation.

I found pregnancy hard with F as I could never relax due to all the worry about would I make it to 24 weeks and then when I did just taking each day as it came but now I have been through the NICU experience (albeit a much briefer one than the months the rest of you spent in there) everything just seems 100 times worse this pregnancy and I don't think it is helped by the fact that F wasn't a 'typical' 35 weeker which makes me worry even more.

Anyway sorry for the moan :blush:

Also can anyone reassure me that they *weren't* feeling movement at 16 weeks with 2nd+ baby as I'm getting myself all panicked that I have not even felt the tiniest flutter yet.

Lottie i felt bugger all til 19 weeks, and thats later than i was with alex!!!

sandi, things are quiet with me at the moment :) i was havin sum watery discharge but it seems to have gone now, i thought it cud be my waters leaking :blush:

Lottie :hugs: :hugs:

When I went into labor with Lakai was 23 weeks exactly. I knew the hospital I went too had a no transfer policy for anyone under 24 weeks. I said I was just 24 weeks and said there had always been confusion about dates. They didn't have time or just didn't want to bother arguing. Even though my OBGYN was there (a year later she did confess to us that she knew very well I was 23 weeks but would not correct me, as they would have forced delivery there).

I know this sounds awful, but I actually know SO many preemie moms (from Inspire) who have done this. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But it at least provides chances that weren't there before. No doctor would take the chance of not trying if they baby was really 24 weeks.

But you know what? That doesn't matter! You WILL make it to and past 24 weeks, we all have faith in you and bubs.

About movement...I literally didn't feel very much until two days ago. I didn't feel the flutters or bubbles I did with Lakai. And now? I can actually feel tiny pushes from the outside, they are super duper faint but there. My husband even felt a few last night. I mean they are nothing to write home over, and if you didn't know what you were feeling for...you would miss it. But its there.

:hugs:

I think you (and I even!) need to focus more on the "every pregnancy is different" mantra than the rest...because I don't think every rule (movement earlier in the second pregnancy and such) is always true...and we get all hurt/freaked/worried when it doesn't happen to us, but is all around us.

:hugs:

Gosh that was a lot of hugs in one post. :rofl: :hugs: :hugs:

i'll throw in another for good measure :hugs:

nic i would lie too, no doubt about it. Everythings computerised where i am so the minute i say my name they can see everything, but id still demand it was wrong.

Everything is pretty much computers here too...almost. I lucked out with the OBGYN because her office wasn't. If I had been at my GP still, I would have been screwed.

I know a lot of mom's who have lied and had everything on computers...I think the doctors just won't risk the chance of being wrong. I think the gray area lies in the simple fact your due date can be a week ahead or behind of your dates..thus so can your viability. That's just my lameo theory though.

I won't be about for the next week as Findlay is going into hospital in the morning but I hope to get back and find that everyone has had a non eventful week and all bumps are still cooking :thumbup:

Have a good week everyone xx

I won't be about for the next week as Findlay is going into hospital in the morning but I hope to get back and find that everyone has had a non eventful week and all bumps are still cooking :thumbup:

Have a good week everyone xx

I'm only a text away hun, I hope everything goes well, keep in touch! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back