Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

happy 36 weeks lianne!!!!!

sandi i just realised ur almost 32 weeks - eekkk! how u feeling? x

Big.

:rofl:

Im ok!!! I sat last night freaking myself out that i might have to push a 'massive' (term) baby out. Thats something thats always bewildered me, when i see newborns with their mums and im like "That massive baby was in your tummy?!?!?! :wacko:" I'm getting proper scared now, like actual worried!

Does that make sense?

i completly know what u mean lol cuz im the same!

i propa struggled to push tyler out, he had a big cone head (and a headache) when he was born and he was 5lb. so how the hell am i gonna push a 7-8lb baby out. eeekkk.

im shitting myself big time lol

I know I am no where near ready/close to be thinking about delivering a huge term baby...but it's a MASSIVE fear! I had so much tearing with Lakai and he was fully engaged and ready to come out...I am dreading a term baby.

Happy 36 weeks Lianne!

Aw nic honestly, I have this theory in my head- that all in all it will be a less painful experience because they would be heavier and gravitys on ur side and all.....

i have been havin period typet pain in my tummy & back all day, on and off. not sure if it is the start of sumthing or not?

chris wanted me to go & get checked but i said im gonna see what happens overnight.

i am gettin a lot of pressure in my back and 'dwn there' but i dunno if its just where hes moving :shrug:

Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Lee and I have an 11 month old son who was born at 31 weeks 0 days. He was a really good size (for 31 weeks) when he was born but was in the NICU for 5 weeks. I'm now 24 weeks pregnant and I'm just hoping to make it to 32 weeks! I'm very glad to have found this forum!

Lianne - I would go get checked!!!

LoveleeB - Welcome! Congrats on both babies! :hugs:

Sandi - I hope you are right. I also had no idea what I was doing with Lakai, and I was sick from the infection...so there was other factors..not to mention being scared spitless! I just keep thinking "ow ow ow ow" whenever I think of it. LOL! No complaining what so ever though. I would rather deal with having that sort of pain than the pain of having another preemie. :thumbup:

Sorry to butt in ladies, dont usually have anything useful to say as this whole premmie thing is still a mystery to me..but i did have my little boy who is now 3 at 40wks - went into labour on his due date! He wasn't huge by any stretch of the imagination, 7lb 1oz but bigger than some and it was absolutely fine. I think when their full term and a bit bigger their 'ready' almost and it was not too bad at all. Gas and air helped and i suppose if your pushing out a 2lb-er or a 7lb-er its all the same feelings, may just take a few more pushes. You will all be fine and whats more i can tell you that the experience of having my son placed on my tummy straight away was worth every bit - would have gone again at that point i was so happy! Your all doing so well - keep up the positive thoughts girls.

pains have gone! i think its all in my head, im driving myself mad!

sandi u tagegd me in something on facebook bt it wont let me see it?

That's cause it's gone lol!

I had tagged you in a status saying something daft while I was watching One Born Every Minute, was pretty much chickening out having a big baby :rofl:

I deleted it in a huff. Soemone was pretty patronising. She said some thing how her LO was 7lb 6oz and she had morphine and blah blah and I realised she must have thought having a preemie was nothing like a full term birth. I dunno what she thought, maybe she thought I had just spat Alex out or something....:rofl:

ohh she sounds like shes jelous then!

y do sum ppl say stupid stuff? idoiots! wud be good if we cud of just spat them out eh?! did u have a difficult birth with alex?

ohh she sounds like shes jelous then!

y do sum ppl say stupid stuff? idoiots! wud be good if we cud of just spat them out eh?! did u have a difficult birth with alex?

Not at all. :shrug:
Had contractions, was 9cm when they realised I was actually in labour :dohh:
My waters were broken in theatre and they were ready for a section but Alex went into place so I was wheeled out again,got an epidural and pushed her out not long after.

Too drugged up to care much I guess. :thumbup:

Sooooo lianne how r u feeling, you're less than a week away from term!! We've had some good stats on this board so far!

im not feeling too bad, the spd is very very sore now, struggling to do anything, feel bad for Tyler & Jamie-Leigh, there bath times get shorter & shorter, chris helps but i wanna do it iykwim. i cant get dwn on the floor n play anymore, we just sit at the table and play guess who or monopoly lol we made cakes yesturday and i did nothng but tell them off :nope:
if the pain wasnt there id be fine!

i cant believe im 6 days away from being full term. im gettin nervous now about the labour. still havent got my pram but have everything else. i dnt even know what pram to get lol x

You haven't got your pram? :rofl: love it!

I realised our pram is gonna be fab. Baby (I'm am struggling not to say the name these days!!!) will be hidden under Alex , it doesn't look like a double when baby is in newborn mode,so no nosey weirdos!

If there was one thing I hated with a passion, it's nosey strangers peering into the buggy, after a few months I just started running into them with the pram :rofl: then the age question followed :dohh:

I don't get it, I wouldn't walk right up to a buggy and peer in and touch a strangers child so why do others? :haha:

i know yea lol i saw ur pic of ur pram :thumbup:

i saw sum women this morning, she serves dinners at tylers school and she said 'oh ur havin a baby, i didnt realise, then continuned to say when hes here she's just got to have a cuddle'

yea right lmao i dnt even know her!!! and she touched my bump - get off!!!

are u keeping ur babies name a secret then?

Aaarrrggghh :rofl: you become public property huh? I was out a few weeks ago and a drunk guy went to touch my bump and my mate nearly belted him :rofl:
Apart from that I've been lucky but I've been indoors a lot with the SPD since Xmas. I'll go out if I have someone to help otherwise I don't bother!

Wee Alex had popped up to see what I was doing on the iPad just now and next thing I know she's sleeping propped up against me :rofl:

i have to walk to the school 3 times a day. its not very far about ten minutes but ten minutes feels like a lifetime when ur in pain lol bcuz jamie-leigh is only at preschool she does 2 1/2 hours a day. nightmare atm.

awww bet she looks really cute bless her. does she undertsand about bein a big sister?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->