Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

hey ladies.

havin a few pains, and lots of stabby feelings in my cervix, not sure of it is anything but only time will tell. im not sure if the pain is from :sex: :blush:

tha pains arnt regular an hes very active so im not sure if tht is whats goin on.

had to ring the hospital last night, my fee & ankles are really swollen, (elephant feet lol)
they said its just water retention :shrug:

hope everyone is ok x

you&me - thanks, i've just been reading your pregnancy journal.. am only half way through so far. do you mind if i ask questions? they've been building up lol.

you&me - thanks, i've just been reading your pregnancy journal.. am only half way through so far. do you mind if i ask questions? they've been building up lol.

Feel free to :hugs: and thanks for reading all through that junk!! :haha:

Ooooohhh, good luck Lianne!!!

Lol Lianne, don't know where you get the energy:winkwink: The elephant feet don't sound too good though, is there anywhere you could go just to get a bp check?

Hopedance, I also had pre-eclampsia/HELLP syndrome with my first including eclampsia at delivery, I'm happy to say that 3 pregnancies post I have yet to have it again:thumbup: They should keep a really close eye on you, I'm in the states now but was in the UK for #2 and most of #3, I had fortnightly checks ith the consultant from 20 weeks, including doppler placenta checks and in the weeks in beteen I would see the midwife for bp checks. Even now on baby 4 I still get it checked when I go for the weekly progesterone injections so it is taken seriously:hugs: Are you taking aspirin atm?

No I'm not - I've just been referred back to my consultant, but one of my questions was about aspirin and calcium. Should I wait until I start seeing the consultant and do what they say, or just start taking it now?

The other thing I was wondering, was how does the doppler scan indicate PET? Does poor blood flow mean you are at greater risk of getting PET, or does PET cause placental/blood flow issues and so it's an early sign it is starting again?

I'm wondering especially as my son had only one artery in his umbilical cord, not two as there should be, so do you think that may have made the PET more likely along with all my other issues?

My GP has already given me a load of pee sticks to check for protein at home at least once per week, and I have a blood pressure monitor to do my own bp several times a week.

No I'm not - I've just been referred back to my consultant, but one of my questions was about aspirin and calcium. Should I wait until I start seeing the consultant and do what they say, or just start taking it now?

The other thing I was wondering, was how does the doppler scan indicate PET? Does poor blood flow mean you are at greater risk of getting PET, or does PET cause placental/blood flow issues and so it's an early sign it is starting again?

I'm wondering especially as my son had only one artery in his umbilical cord, not two as there should be, so do you think that may have made the PET more likely along with all my other issues?

My GP has already given me a load of pee sticks to check for protein at home at least once per week, and I have a blood pressure monitor to do my own bp several times a week.

i have a mw appointment 2moro so will get my blood pressure checked then.

i am going to have to speakto her about the SPD. i dnt think i can do this much longer, i can hardly walk, i cant sleep, im grumpy, im tired, i cant paly with the kids, im in agony. i am so so greatful for gettin to full term but seriously i didnt think i'd be in this much pain. i am taking painkillers every 4 hours - co-codamol, but i feel so guilty taking even paracetamol :(

sorry for the mini rant :(

:hugs:

Lianne i hear ya, its all gonna be worth it :hugs: i know you know that already xxx

Hopedance,
I was started at 12 weeks by my consultant on the aspirin and calcium, they used to recommend the aspirin was stopped at 36 weeks, but new guidelines have shown it can be taken until delivery, which is what I did, although my bleeding after section was really heavy, so not sure if it was linked to the aspirin.

My uterine doppler scan was done at 24 weeks, it shows up the bloodflow through the placenta, the bloodflow from you to baby and the bloodflow from placenta to baby, what they are looking for it 'notching'..which gives a good indicator of the risk of PET occuring as it starts in the placenta...my uterine doppler scan was a negative with Amber, but I developed PET much later on, so think it can detect if the placenta is likely to hold out for the pregnancy or will the pregnancy need to end earlier before due placenta failure.

The pee sticks are great, I used to self test too...never got on with my home BP machine however, always used to give a higher reading because it was eletric, where as a manual reading is more accurate, so don't panic if the machine shows up a high one, just get it double checked :thumbup:

HTH.

Heya Lianne and Sb :wave: Will they be able to induce you early due to the SPD Lianne? A Lady on here was induced at 38 weeks due to it, so guess it is always a possibility?

How are you feeling SB?

I feel guilty coming in this thread now I am now longer baking :blush:

Dont be you&me!! :)

Im sore sore SOOOOOORE! :rofl: still med free but theres gonna be only so much more i can manage though. Determination is keeping me going!

Dont be you&me!! :)

Im sore sore SOOOOOORE! :rofl: still med free but theres gonna be only so much more i can manage though. Determination is keeping me going!

Thank you :flower:

Bless ya, late pregnancy is so uncomfortable :nope: Did you try the belt thing someone mentioned to you?

Sure did, tried loads now but nothing saves me from this pain now :/
MIL kept making comments about how I was unfit. :nope: oooh I do apologise, you must have had it easy MIL huh? :dohh:
I'm not bloody unfit I'm bloody unable!

my gran told me my pain cud be down to my weight - erm i am prob a stone over weight or maybe 2, but my gran is very over weight and always complaining of sore joints :growlmad:

my support belt does nothing for me either!

i am going to spak to my mw about possible induction at 38weeks. im gonna feel like a right dickehead asking for induction when i kept monaing to her bout wanting a 42weeker :dohh:

:rofl: I couldn't do that lianne.... :rofl:

Give me a few weeks watch this :rofl: I want my preemie and my termie!

:rofl: i think i may have to ask her just to see thelook on her face & have a giggle.

but in seriousness my other 2 are suffering cuz i cant do anything. its not fair on them.

I am getting so unnerved by the registered users who view this thread in the evenings but have never posted on BnB. anyone else?

Perhaps they just are looking for info but afraid to post but maybe I'm just being hormonal. It's putting me off.

I am getting so unnerved by the registered users who view this thread in the evenings but have never posted on BnB. anyone else?

Perhaps they just are looking for info but afraid to post but maybe I'm just being hormonal. It's putting me off.

Very annoying! Especially the registered users that look at your profile that have never posted, grr!

Weird!! I just looked, there is me and 2 other's viewing right now that are regular posters...and then another name I have never seen, or heard of!! What's that all about?

:rofl: so I just went and looked at the profile...and it seems a few of us have been to look from here!!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->