Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

I would speak to ur mw/ob hun, but it might just be that :hugs:

Aww Nic, I hope Lakai feels better soon, Anja has a bit of a wheeze right now so must be the season to be ill. With the fainting, hows your bp? Low b can cause you to faint, as can a drop in bp from sitting to standing, I would have that checked as well as iron and maybe blood sugar as well. As for the jeans, I think its pretty normal, I know I go through phases of being extra bloated, or Eilidh goes into interesting positions and the whole belly changes shape.

Sandi, I'd go with the orchid and some chocs, always nice to get flowers and of course chocolate makes anyone happy:haha:

Lianne, how you feeling today? Did the curry do anything?

I had my weekly check today, cervix still closed:happydance: Waiting to get the results back from the ffn. Lol I was right about the spd, the treatment given to me was a prescription for vicodin and ambien :shock: :rofl: Was hoping for crutches...

Yay for a closed cervix!

I go to the OBGYN next week, so I will talk to her then.

Lakai is feeling better today, he just sometimes randomly pukes..lol. Even the bloody dog ended up puking twice last night...it was not a good day for the living room floor. :rofl:

I hope Anja is feeling better soon! It really must be the season for colds and such, we all have one here.

Maybe it was just bloat...let's hope so. Baby was in a position where I could feel her (even though I think baby is a boy still) moving, now I can't. I was getting those hard places in my bump, where it was clearly baby. But now nothing. Frig, you would think the second time around would be a breeze.

:happy dance: yeeeeeey!

4 more weeks and you will be term...woahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

happy 33 weeks sb :happydance:

not had a curry or anything yet. i have been having period type pains again and lots of stabby cervix pains, not sure if tht means anything tho?

Im a total tube. That is all :rofl: :dohh:

Hi. One of the annoying lurkers to the preemie section here. After your recent conversation about lurkers I figured I better come out into the open. :blush: I hope my occasional stopping by of this section isn’t too creepy. I have a few of reasons why I check out that section from time to time that I suppose I can share so you can understand a little of why one of the lurkers around her exists. I developed preeclampsia at term with my son and had to be induced. He ended up spending 12 hours in the NICU after birth, so nowhere near what all of you went through with your babies, however it was still stressful having the NICU staff work on my son while there was nothing I could do but watch as they got him stabilize before whisking him off and away without really any indication as to when I could see him next. That sort of thing is not something that really gets discussed much, especially in pregnancy threads elsewhere, probably because it is considered to be alarming to most people. Heck, I don’t usually mention it because it isn’t one of those “positive” experiences people seem to want to hear. For some reason the focus of a lot of the what worries you about childbirth for “normal” pregnant people tends to be what kind of intervention might be used, what sort of drugs you take, or what you might sound like during labor or whatnot, but after my son, all I care about is that my baby comes out ok, and it would be extra nice if no NICU time is needed. I never felt so lucky as I did when they gave me my son after his time in the NICU (and again, I realize this is nothing compared to the trials you ladies have faced).

After learning more about preeclampsia, I’ve been a bit more paranoid about it striking earlier this time, not that that happens much, but it is still a risk, and I’ve noticed in other places like the gestational complications section that some of you here have been through the preeclampsia thing, though much sooner along than I was. Also I was a little freaked earlier in this pregnancy that my stupid gallstone problem might get so bad that I may need surgery while pregnant which would be a risk for early delivery (after 2 weeks of excruciating pain in the 2nd trimester), but I’m less stressed about that now as things have been pretty calm the last month or so.

My secondary reason for lurking around besides my not really feeling like I fully fit with people who have “normal” births and all my preeclampsia/gallbladder paranoia, is that my hubby’s goddaughter was born with her twin sister at 26 weeks. They are both wonderful active 2 year olds now, but as I'm sure you can imagine, they’ve been through many of the same things your kids have been through. So since our friends have gone through the preemie experience, I lurk a bit to try to understand things in their lives better, too I guess. I’ve just felt so useless about being able to give them support as they live over 1000 miles away. I just wished we lived closer like we use to so I could have done more.

Anyways, those are my reasons for lurking. As I don't have a preemie of my own, I guess I've just been content to lurk instead of post, since I don't really "belong" here per say. Let me know if you don’t want me around, and I’ll stay away. Good luck to everyone here and I hope all of your pregnancies go well and end beautifully. :flower:

Moonbeam that makes complete utter logical sense! you can lurk (and participate if you want!)
Reading your post has made me a lil more understanding. It's took me a while to accept and understand others situations, At first I was in some selfish frame of mind that we had it 'worse'. Took me at very least a year to understand other peoples journeys, long or short :)

Now I see where you are coming from too, that generally other new mums never understand what NICU entails, and sorta just wish you the best and that's it.:shrug: am I right?

It's those that have never posted on the history of bnb that scare me :haha:

Thanks for the nice reply to my lurking confession. I agree with your comment about other new moms and the NICU, too. Also, happy 33 weeks! :)

I appreciate it ;) I'll sleep better knowing who you are lurking now hee hee!

Hiya Moonbeam :wave:

Sb, what are the chances of getting this made into a sticky thread now there are tons of posts on it?

Last time I asked for a sticky I was told there was too many :( but I dunno about you girls but charlottes story is one of just many reasons for preterm births on here?(all due respect obviously)

I'd be happy to keep this thread up to date, even when my time in here is over. Goes without saying!

Btw I need a slap, I didn't know my appointment at the trial thing was gonna be another ffn test....:dohh:

Guess who er.... :sex:

I rearranged that appointment......blamed SPD..... :rofl:

Double post, think its happening to us all tonight:

:rofl: haven't you learned your lesson yet? 33 weeks!!:happydance:

Hi moonbeam, you are more than welcome:flower:

Nic, omg your dog is puking too? :sick: Yeah second pregnancies are meant to be great, mine was defo the best of the 4, goes downhill after that:haha:

Lianne, bet you're going to be getting fedup of the constant questions of anything happening yet:winkwink: Sooooooo, anything happening yet?:haha:

My ffn came back neg:happydance: See thats months of abstinence for you SandiO:)

Actually, still completely jealous!

:rofl: Amy. Am normally strict about it, I actually vowed to give up sex for the rest of this pregnancy because I simply cannot be bothered! Dnno what came over me :blush:

But the woman did initiate the rescheduling first....8am, I mean, LO is still in her bed (she likes her lie ins!) and I hate disturbing her going to the shower, drying my hair etc! :rofl: I was just gonna go for I til I realised, and its pointless even going because guaranteed it will be positive!

Wayhey for a negative :) it's a nice relief huh?

:rofl: I'm thinking that you got relief too:winkwink:

Yeah, Its a weight off, for about 2 mins lol, now I'm thinking thrush is making it neg and that I'll be in the 0.5% who do go into labour:dohh:

How do you keep Alex asleep till 8am? Mine are up around 5 30am everyday like clockwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->