Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Girls what's the script with braxton hicks?
I never realised ive been having them, mostly at night. I though it was baby turning but it's so obviously not now. Tonight and last night they were comin very regular and they are sore.

Well it wasn't the doctor who mentioned the fluid decrease it was the US tech...so Im not sure. I feel like the dr is a jerk...:rofl: I think i will just wait. I know people who have lost ALL their fluid and had it be ok....so I am not going to freak out. There was like 2 or 3 code blues called while I was there and this dr was the only one on at that moment. Maybe he was stressed and just rushing around. He didn't have time for bedside manners?

My GP hasn't left the country yet, and his receptionist said she would call him for me. I have been seeing this man since I was 11, so I trust him and I know if there is a worry he would see me regardless if there is a plane to catch...even if its too Tuscany..BUGGER!

Your GP sounds like a nice guy, hope he will give you more answers:hugs:

Sandi, anymore than 4 in an hour, you should start lying down on your left side and drinking lots of water. If they don't pass within a few hours go to the hospital:thumbup:

That makes sense mummy3. I'm drinking lots again but is waaaaaaay way more than 4 an hour tonight and last night. I manage to fall asleep last night and woke up fine but it's kicked in again :s

I mean Amy.... See I'm trying to get into the habit of calling you Amy now, I'm trying!

hey ladies.

thank u for ur congrats. im still in shock atm but will def write my birth story asap.

baby Jaiden is just perfect!!

im so glad he held on til 37 weeks and i didnt need an induction.

time of labour is recorded at 4hours 40mins.

That makes sense mummy3. I'm drinking lots again but is waaaaaaay way more than 4 an hour tonight and last night. I manage to fall asleep last night and woke up fine but it's kicked in again :s

I mean Amy.... See I'm trying to get into the habit of calling you Amy now, I'm trying!

:rofl: I'm getting better at calling you Sandi now, keep doing it with a y though:dohh:

Maybe ask for them to give you a med to take when they start u like that, I have a prescription of nefedipine to take if they start up and it works really well. You could have an irritable uterus?

The MIL sent a link today saying the FDA had decided that terbutaline wasn't to be used for preterm labour anymore, that was what I was given last pregnancy and once already this pregnancy. So I'd avoid that.

https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm243840.htm

Lianne, congrats again:hugs: Can't wait for that story, and what a nice short labour!!

i have put my birth story up in the announcents ladies - with couple of pics xx

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey lianne! Xxxx

Ps. Jj say hi?

Hey LucyEmma! Welcome to the club ;)

Do you know why Joshua was early? We have LOs similar in age too :)

Hi, thankyou :) yeah i had pre eclampsia, he was born by emergency c-section june 10th :) aww how old is your LO? xx

Hi ladies Iv come to have a moan-I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but don't u jus wish they'd change that damn "v- day" or even better just get rid of it. I mean y does it even exist.
I know that babies hav a chance at 24 weeks which is brilliant especially 4 women like us but fact is not all do and on top of that all the problems that they have nec rop ivh reflux pda - u know there all horrid things to have. I mean I'm 24 weeks which I'm grateful for but I'm sorry but that's just not enough for me- I want more.
I sppose I just wanted to moan about the fact that yes it is a chance it is a milestone and u can b happy but does it have to be broadcasted as " vday". Instead jus thank god uv got that far and pray for anutha 14-16 weeks cuz u think bed rest drags-plz neonatal is even worse. I think cried every daywen she was there.

I didn't want to moan in 2nd tri or Otha forums cuz I know those ladies r happy and didn't want to be offensive. Anyway had my moan. Btw I'm 24 weeks waheyyyyyy. Lol here's to anutha 14 weeks hopefully-I can only wish.

And for all u ladies hope ur all well and and kicking preterm ass. Xxx

Dippy hate it too, I do. I know its the sorta cut off type thingy but I hate hate hate seeing others think it's a bloody walk in the park after that. The sorta 'I'm 24 weeks I made it and that's it now' kinda thing? I know so e of the girls feel strongly about it on here to because we all understand it's no guarantee.all it means is most hospitals will intervene. Thats it.

This pregnancy 24 weeks did mean something tho this time to me because I had a positive FFN at 22 weeks (a positive is meant to be an indicator for the next two weeks) but when I hit it, I said exactly the same dippy, I said it's not enough. :shrug:

However I am going to wish you a happy 24 weeks only because you've hit a milestone where a hospital would medically help baby. And I'm going to wish you another happy 12 weeks to come ;)

This is precisely why I wanted to moan here cuz it's only women who have been there that understand.
I'm aiming to get past 26 weeks these 2 weeks r guna drag cuz I want to pass them so badly as it's when bubba was born.
It's funni how we have targets to reach - wen I lost my son at 20 weeks and then got pregnant with my daughter I just prayed I could get to 24 weeks and I did infact I got to 26. With this pregnancy I'm like plz let me get past 26 and get to 30 at least- but I'm not sure I will. I'm gunna stay positive tho. Well I'll keep u all updated at the moment I'm jus counting the seconds of the day.

I really hope my next few weeks go by quickly then I can relax (abit).

Glad ur ok sb. All u ladies who have gotten past the week ur preemie was born are my positive hope that u can get past that stage.take it easy ladies.

Xxx

Dont be hard on yourself dippy, look towards your milestone of 26 weeks. After that you can do what I did and make further ones up as you go along :haha: I was 27, then 29(my gestation on which I was born) , 30(nice round number I guess) and 32 (somehow in my head I reckoned it was 'good'.) honestly I NEVER thought I'd get this far. Never once did I believe it.

Next stop 34!

And dippy this thread and all of us here are happy to chat and rant, you are part of it too! :flower: xxx

Yeh ur ryt. That's what I'm guna do now make up weekly milestones as I go along- be happy for each passing week.

Sb I'm soooo anxious u don't understand even more since turning 24 weeks. I just want this time to go by that's all.

Maybe u lot can help me: what I'm guna do now is rather than coming here every day I'll break it up to every 2-3 days to give u updates that I'm still pregnant lol that way it' ll break my week up abit.
Ok it's abit of a crap coping mechanism but worth a try lol.

Ok so il b back in a few days-if I can keep away lol.
C u all soon thnx sb again for all ur support. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->