Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

:hugs: Dippy, a lot of women just don't understand what the 24 week viability involves, they just take it as a guarentee baby will be fine. As Sandi said though, its a great milestone to hit to know your baby will be medically helped. Happy 24 weeks hun:happydance::hugs:

Hey ladies

Hope you dont mind me posting in this bit. I'm not pregnant but I pop in from time to time to see how you guys are doing (a lurker I suppose!!!:haha:-except I do seem to have plenty to say in other posts:rofl:) . You guys are my inspiration that should we ever decide to have another LO that there is great support out there and you do get there - slowly.

About the 24 weeks thing - I remeber the weekend before Jessica was born, saying to my mum on the phone 'well mum thats the baby viable now, so if anything happens now it will be ok'!!!! Oh little did I know and how naive was I!!!! :dohh:Its what you girls say though unless you have been there no one really understands, so I suppose you have to forgive them a wee bit for their naivity. Even friends who were with us every step of the way still didnt 'get it'. And the thing is OH and I know how lucky we have been, compared to the journey of others, we have had it very lucky with only a few ups and downs but even then in a subsequent pregnancy 24 weeks would be 'a milestone' but it certainly wouldnt be 'the milestone'. Different when you know whats to come tho ladies eh??

Hope I havent said anything out of turn there, its just my thoughts on it.

Anyways huge congratulations to all you pregnant ladies, my thoughts are often with you all and I hope your little bubbas keep cooking for as long as possible. xxx

im officially 6 weeks more pregnant than i was with Alex woo hoo!
And i got 1 lil stretch mark, yey! (who would have thought id be so excited about THAT :rofl:)

Hello ladies I'm back!! What have I missed over the past 2 weeks?

Hope everyone and their bumps are doing well :thumbup:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!!!

was starting to see tumbleweed there.

And wheres nic?!?

Lottie! Nice to see you back hun:flower:

Sandi,:happydance: Happy extra 6 weeks, its going really fast now don't you think? Well fast when the pelvis is good right:winkwink: Did you go back for the ffn, or did I miss that?

Well I'm 30 weeks today, YAY!!! Eilidh has dropped right down now though, feels like my bump has vanished, will try get a pic up to show. Means can breathe but waddle like mad lol, hubby makes me get the motorized trolleys now when we go shopping:blush: :rofl:

Not yet amy, thats tuesday i suspect i might get a scan too but not sure! Do u think theyd do that at 34 weeks? And OMG 30 weeks HAPPY 30 WEEKS!!!

They might do it at 34 weeks, some places stop at 34 weeks, some at 35 weeks, lol go in assuming they will do it!

Ok here's the bump

Attachments

• 30 week bump.jpg
    30 week bump.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 3
Wow you have to love the NHS, I had a message left on my answering machine saying "Hello Charlotte I am just phoning to confirm our appt on Friday at 9.45am please call me on the following number" The message didn't say who they were what the appt was or anything. I was utterly confused as I don't have any appts booked for Friday so I rang the number which turned out to be the nearby maternity unit so I explained my confusion over the fact I don't have an appt on Friday and that I had no idea what the appt was even supposed to be for and the midwife went off to check and it turns out that it is my consultant appt to discuss my previous delivery as apparently the consultant now comes up here every 2 weeks to save those of us up here having to go all the way into Aberdeen to the maternity hospital to see her but I had had no letter or anything saying I even had an appt until I got that phonecall :wacko:
I've had to rearrange it due to Findlay so it is now on the 11th but that's quite good as at least I will have seen my Lupus consultant a few days before that so I can pass on to her what he wants the plan to be for my care.

Oh thats better then Lottie isnt it?!?

Yep it's good I've finally got an appt with her (the fact its nearby is of no real consequence to me as I will have to drive into Aberdeen that morning and evening to drop Dave at work and pick him up anyway so that I can use the car as we've only got one) and I am hoping it will be a bit more than a 5 min in and out appt like it was last time.

So far I plan to ask her about:

-will I see her regularly or will this be the only time (as she only saw me once with F!:wacko:)
-the fact I want an elective c section
-whether she will consider cervical length scans
-due to having a prior history of placenta probs what happens if I somehow manage to go to term as I am very wary of them letting me go overdue due to the fact the placenta starts to degrade then anyway
-what my risk is of another abruption
-regular growth scans due to my risk of iugr
-amnio to see if bump has the chromo abnormality
-at what gestation can neonatal in Aberdeen deal with preemies from
-can she get my midwife to see me on a regular basis to keep an eye on my bp etc as I've only seen her once so far

I'm going to write the list down and take it in with me so I don't forget anything and can scribble down her answers lol. Any other thoughts on things to ask the consultant would be fab.

You've only seen the midwife once? Are you having a laugh?!??? I mean i know u didnt find out until so far down the line but thats shocking hun, i expected better of them!!!:shock:

hello ladies. i hope u & bumps are ok! i should be 38 weeks 2day :haha:

it feels really weird having Jaiden home, well not weird but a lot different from when i had tyler. makes me a little sad i didnt have this with Tyler but im tryingto think about it too much because they are both here and well.

Its just a whole new experience :)

You got me excited lianne, I hope I get there!! You weren't in hospital for long were you? Xxxx

Sandi: I saw her at 12+6 weeks for my booking appt (it should have been at 10 weeks but was delayed due to Xmas/New Year) and then I don't see her again until next Tuesday so 19+6! :wacko: Nice to see they are keeping such a close eye on me!

You got me excited lianne, I hope I get there!! You weren't in hospital for long were you? Xxxx

my waters went at 7.15am. got to hospital at 9am, Jaiden was born at 11.52am.

we got discharged at 4pm. i could of been home sooner but Jaiden went a bit blue & 'dusky' at one point and was grunting (scared me so much cuz thts how tyler was) so we had to wait for the dr to come & check him, when he did he came back an hr later and said he was fine and we cud go as soon as i was ready.

i had a bath and went home lol

i had him in the birthing suite at the hospital too. was lucky because if he had been 4 days earlier he wud of still been classed as premamture and it wud of been a whole different story, i wud of had to have had him in the delivery suite and prob an overnight stay - what a difference a day makes :)

Wow that was so fast Lianne! Glad all went well and you got home quickly :thumbup:

No sandi, i had 2 paracetamol & gas and air. i asked for pethidine but it was too late & when i asked for an epidural my mw said no she wasnt lettin me get away with tht 1 haha

Can't believe just how fast that was Lianne, really hoping I can get that birth too! Must have been a dream to be in and out that quick:cloud9:

Lottie, thats awful you have only been seen once, hope this consultant will provide you with more support, some good questions there too hun, notebook handy would defo be a good idea:flower:

Sandi how you getting on? Getting excited watching your ticker move up, only a couple more days to 34 weeks:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->