Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

34 is cool!!! Thats DHs target! (his bdays on thurs too thats why :rofl:)

Test and maaaaaybe scan tomorrow. Dunno what to expect!

Lol try not to overdo it at the birthday celebrations, don't want to bring on labour:winkwink:

Will keep an eye out tomorrow for an update, fingers crossed for a neg ffn, scans are always good mind, great seeing LO:cloud9:

I have the delight of the jab tomorrow, be glad to see the end of that! Do you still get yours? I haven't been told when they are meant to stop:shrug:

I dont have the job, i have the pessaries hun (oh lovely) i think i stop this week?!?!

Hi girls, I am sorry for intruding, I was just after some advice even though I have not had a preemie, and I worry that a post in the 2nd tri or whatever will tell me to stop worrying, whereas I know you girls will know worry is normal and you may even know what I am on about.

Any way, my waters broke at 28+6 weeks with Honey (although that is when the big gush was but pretty sure I was leaking before that) and as this pregnancy feels similar to that one I am very worried about it happening again, recently I have had lots of discharge/wetness (sorry tmi) and my paranoia sets in. When my waters went they did this test that changed colour, I think you can buy them and maternity towels that do the same thing. Has anyone heard of them? Or where to get them?

Sandi good luck today.

Lianne, congratulations.

Fingers crossed for term and beyond for you all :flower:

They are called amniosense pads, I used them in my pregnancy with Findlay after I had my amnio done to check I didn't my waters didn't leak afterwards. I've just done a quick google as I wanted to get some more this time for after the amnio and for if I am worried my waters leaking but I can't seem to find them anywhere :wacko: I'll keep looking and if I find them I'll post a link up :thumbup:

I've just found these which sound the same: https://www.stressnomore.co.uk/pd/Vision-Amniotic-Leak-Detector_81567.html

Thank you soooooooo much Lottie. I cant see how many that pack has, but will keep an eye out for more and if I find some, will pm you.

it certainly was fab being in & out tht quick. especially cuz i didnt like leaving the other 2 :)

heres a pic of my preemie with my termie (he just made it :thumbup: )

Attachments

• newpix 036.jpg
    newpix 036.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6
Tasha, thank you Hun. I was gonna mention lot tie knew of the pads and nic on here told me you can use ph strips from aquatic shops but ive no idea how this works.

Lianne you got a termieeeeeee! :happydance: he is beautiful I love ur piccies.

I had my scan today and my last FFN.
No more progesterone pesseries, I gotta give them back tomorrow. :) I mean the ones I've left :haha:

The scan was interesting, although it was unofficial measurements, baby was near 37 weeks :shock: (I knew this was gonna happen because Alex was big) and my cervix measurements were just ridiculous. You could physically watch the cervix open and close (pretty scary!) and at minimum it was 23mm and max was 40mm :shock:
To which the lady laughed and said that she's going nowhere.
"I'm looking at overdue, aren't I?" I said. She just smiled knowingly. :dohh:

One extreme to another possibly!

I think u missed my last FB one? Heres one lol, 33+2

*image removed, I'm uneasy about the lurkers*

Wow your bump is huuuuge now but still all lovely and neat! Loving the hair too! :D :D

Thank you so much Sandi, I live right near a pet shop, do you reckon if I went in they could explain. :haha:

Fantastic news about the scan :cloud9: Gorgeous bump too.

They ask you to give it back? Wont they just dispose of them any way or is it cos it is part of the research?

Lianne your LO is beautiful:cloud9:

Wow your bump is so big and so neat Sandi, totally jealous here! 37 weeks?! Sounds like a big baba, how do you feel about the thought of going overdue?
Think I'll stick with the jabs rather than the pesseries, way too messy:wacko:

Lianne, he is absolutely gorgeous, that pic is so cute with his big brother:cloud9:

Tasha, sorry but dunno about the test strips, but you never know maybe theres a resident expert at the petshop:haha:

The pesseries werent bad as you'd think at all amy. Just more about remembering to do it :dohh:

LOL, thanks Mummy3, I think I might pop in and ask where they are cos I wanna test to see if I am leaking amniotic fluid just to see the look on their faces.

I have the pessaries too, again not too bad but like Sandi struggle to remember so have an alarm on my phone.

Great bump Sandi!

LOVE your hair too.

Lianne - Bubs is sooo cute, love his name too!

Tasha - The pH strips from the petstore work just as they do when you test the pH in your fish tank. LOL They say if they turn the darkest colour, usually purple it's fluid. However, these are not that accurate and shouldn't really be the only means of testing. I would say buy some, test a few times when you are pretty sure you are not leaking, get an average colour "pH" for your normal every day "v" pH...he he. And then when you do have a worry, you will know how drastic of a change it is. Keep in mind, things like sex, drinking soda and such can change the pH in there so this can also have a false reading. And this goes for the strips or the pads actually.

The ferning test a doctor would do is the best test, but it can only be done by a dr.

Hope this helps.

Well ladies I hope you are all well.

I have a the meanest cold, mean because it keeps going away and coming back. I keep thinking "oh good your on your way out" and then wake up sicker the next day. I hate being sick. And as many of you know...being a SAHM you get no sick days!

I have yet to have any bump growth, I think bump went big from the get go and is now just staying this size, lol. I thought for sure I would be bigger than I was with Lakai, but I shrank down and now I'm staying smaller...with 3 weeks left I doubt I will get bigger. Oh well.

March 2 (though I keep saying/thinking the 5th!) is the anomaly scan...I still think baby will pull a kicker on us and be a boy...:winkwink:

Tasha about the pessaries, I'm not sure why I have to return the rest of the box. I have a few weeks worth remaining but I didn't start them til about 24 weeks? I can only imagine its a money saving thing? however both I and the lady carrying out the trial in my area haven idea if its progesterone or placebos ive been using, and its likely I won't ever know unless my doctor requests so.

Are you using them in conjunction with the OPPTIMUM trial too?

Girls I reAlly don't think I have a neat bump lol. My best mate palmed me off when I warned her via text, and was stunned when she seen me at just how big I was. I haven't put a hell of a weight on either, and ive struggled to eat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->