Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Poor Findlay. =( I hope he feels better soon. It must be so hard for him and you. :hugs:

Its not fair he has to keep going through these things, he has been through enough!!

Yikes the fighting and jealousy......yikes yikes yikes. I keep imaging Lakai pushing the baby out of my arms so he can get in there instead...and he is not remotely rough. But one thing that kid is? Is a massive momma's boy. He is extremely attached to me, he makes (not makes me...but demands) me cuddle him at night after he climbs into bed with us. He has to be cuddled a LOT, he is very sucky. I have no idea how he is going to react to sharing me. He pushes the dog out of the way sometimes.

Speaking of the dog...omg..so this morning at FOUR AM Lakai decides its time to wake up. Normally our dog sleeps on the bed until about 8 am then gets down to her bed, don't ask why...she's an enigma (like this dog is weird. She has never barked to the point I took her to the vet to see if she was mute...LOL). So Lakai sneaks off the bed and we find him THREE times sleeping with the dog on her bed. I mean they do normally snuggle, but why in the world he thought it would be better on her bed...I don't know! :rofl:

I keep saying "oh I don't have baby brain this time"....I think I have it so bad I don't even know it. My goodness, I keep forgetting to say things. Sorry ladies for the amount of posts.

Tasha - I echo the "please stay" comments! :hugs:

I hope you plan to tell the petshop people you plan to pee on the strips...he he.

Lottie - I feel tiny kicks and bubbles, but very very very very faintly. When I preggers with Lakai at my 20 week scan, I was feeling such strong kicks you could feel them outside my stomach. Nothing like that this time. Baby is lazy and a night owl. I get more at night, late. I hope this doesn't mean she/he will stay up all night when they arrive!

I must say I LOVE mediums! Though I always get the same readings, or the same general things said about me. Which is cool because it means it's likely true, I guess? I haven't been to one in ages, I would love to go now just to see what they say. As I was not married or a mom the last time I went.

I have a question....would you name your baby something if it was a name of a character in a very popular TV show currently? I adore a name, but had NO idea it was from a show..and I hate the show. I really don't want to deal with the "oh did you name it after so and so?" and the "oh its ok to admit you like the show"

And yes, you guessed it...it's Snooki. I just love that show...:rofl:

(best part is we don't even have cable as Lakai isn't allowed to watch TV...only certain DVD's)

I do plan to tell them, "excuse me could you please tell me where the Ph strips are, I need to test if I am leaking amniotic fluid" :haha:

Yes, I would use the name. People will always relate it to something, we get asked if Morgan is named after the drink Captain Morgan :wacko: And years down the line that show will probably be forgotten.

ETA It is really hard to find a name you love, so dont let others put you off.

After Captain Morgan...really?! LOL My first thought when I hear Morgan...is the horse. But I wouldn't think anyone would name their baby after a horse, its just a really nice name!

I have to say the name I like is the first girls name I really can't move on from. It's different, but I have a feeling it will get popular because of this show.

Ooh Nic, I have to say I love that show too,:blush: I'd say go for it if you like the name, people will always have their opinions so best to go with what you love and screw them! My son and this baby both have very Scottish names and we live in the states where noone can say them and we get some "nice" comments but I dont care:haha:

:hugs: For Findlay

Tasha, please please please say that at the petshop :rofl: If you can film there reaction too that would be great..

Talking of small bumps, go look a few pages back to my 30 weeks with #4 pic, it looks more like a pie lunch than a baby:wacko:

Your bump is smaller than mine!! I forgot to mention it when I saw it before! So cute...but where is baby? LOL

dippy im cheering you on i also have IC and my secound stich failed @25 weeks thats when i had my lo so im cheering you on and sending lots of positive energy your way

@lottie wow thats a long time for his wee lungs to get better :( how are you doing, you've been through the mill yourself

@nic i want to call this baby Roxy but DH wont let me as its the same name as a charcter in a well known soap here.

@tasha i think it has helped. It was nothing but positive really, she told me to stop picking at DH and let it all go, cause hes decided hes settled with me. She knew both grandads werent here anymore, little details you know? We've met before, however i dont think she knew it was me.
She also mentioned a previous loss - she said this was my son and hes an orb in the house, he moves things... Hairbrushes in particular ...(you better believe it). Dh was pretty struck down when i told him that.

Happy 34 weeks SB :happydance: (I love the name Roxy)

Tasha...I don't belong here in this thread anymore after having a termie after my preemie...but I still stick around :blush: I hope this pregnancy goes well for you.

Lianne, your LO is gorgeous!!

I would love to go and see a medium...but am a bit scared of what they might tell me :haha:

you&me - i dont belong here anymore either :( but im not going anywhere!! :haha:

you&me - i dont belong here anymore either :( but im not going anywhere!! :haha:

:haha: We'll just camp out in here!!

:happydance: we sure will! i dont think any of us will leave this thread now. Sandi will just have to rename it or sumthing when everyone has had there babies!!

Or we will all have to start baking babies again to keep it going :rofl:

OMG no!! im done now haha are u going to have anymore?

Please excuse any typos, I am on my phone. Just thought I would update, went to the pet shop, said exactly what I said I would and he gave me an odd look and took me to the ph strips. When we got to that aisle, he asked me if it were leaking waters I was worried about, I said yes, so he showed me the fish tank sealant and said it is what I needed. Of course the image of my waters breaking and trying to use sealant to stop it and close me up was sooooooo funny, so I was laughing whilst he looked confused. In the end I bought both cos I felt a bit bad, so I no longger have any worries, my waters break and I just use the sealant. Lmao.

Nic, I wouldn't dismiss it because it might become popular, who knows what name will. I have never heard of Morgan the horse.

Sandi that sounds fantastic, and that she is genuine. Did someone recommend her?

tasha that is soo funny! im laughin out loud at tht but im trying to stop myself because its hurting my stitches :haha:

@lottie wow thats a long time for his wee lungs to get better :( how are you doing, you've been through the mill yourself

@nic i want to call this baby Roxy but DH wont let me as its the same name as a charcter in a well known soap here.

I was sure that was what your bump was going to be called! I can't think of any other already shortened girls names. Ooo it's going to drive me mad trying to think what it might be until she arrives and you announce it lol :haha: Happy 34 weeks! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm ok Sandi just shattered from the stress and lack of sleep over the past few weeks. My high dose corticosteroids have kicked in so I am feeling half human again at the minute which is always good. March is going to be rather busy again here but we're booking a weekend away for 2 weekends time up to a really remote cottage in the Highlands just to get a few days break away from everything before I have my anomaly scan and F goes back into hospital so that should be good :thumbup:
We're not going to be able to go to my Mum's next weekend now when we head south for my hospital appt due to F still being poorly so we're not going to get down to see her now until I'm 27/28 weeks. Guess I'm going to have to break the news to her over the phone now at some point, eek!

Once everyone has had their babies we'll have to rename it parenting after our preemies and if we all get to term we can then sit posting about confusing issues like 'they've grown out of their newborn clothes but they are only 2 weeks old' etc :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->