Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

You know what? I have forgotten about the other things i signed up to for this trial. My placenta gets checked out and baby has to get a cranial ultrasound :dohh: i dont mind, all in the name of research!

Oh never saw Amy's reply, must of been typing at the same time. Really hope things stop hun. Fundal height is not very accurate, different people measuring, baby engaging or changing position, how tall you are, all have an affect so hopefully a scan will show that baby is a little chunk.

Hahaha, may just do that Sandi, probably wouldnt be until October time because I have a holiday to disneyland in May, Essex in August, so wont have time :(

Yep, March in a few days. Is the placenta looked at after LO is born. What is a cranial scan?

Im not sure why but as part of the trial it needs to be inspected. A cranial US is a head scan. I dont quite know why but i'll check.

Oh that is good, extra reassurance and stuff. All my placentas have been checked cos of preeclampsia. :thumbup:

Sandi, yeah its calmed now. Wish Anjas bottom would too lol she's filling a nappy every hour just now:wacko:

Tasha, is disneyland the one in Florida or California? I've been to the Florida one and it was amazing, lived about an hour away from the Cali one but never got round to going, will do one day though!

The placentas are checked normally are they not? I know mine were looked at after birth but maybe that was with the pre-e. Wonder what the cranial exam is for, very interesting!

We are going to the one in Paris this year, as I will be 30 weeks pregnant (hopefully). But next year we go to Florida, I cant wait for both. I didnt know there was one in California.

Poor Anja, is it teeth? Or just general tummy bug.

They are always checked to make sure there are no bits left behind, but mine have all been sent off to be looked at, they cut it open, check for clots, and all sorts :sick:

:cry: I'm not in a good mood now, I've just been trying to do some research about Aberdeen's neonatal unit and have found numerous accounts of people who have been shipped down to Dundee (or if they have no beds then it's down to Edinburgh, Glasgow etc) as Aberdeen can't deal with babies under 30 weeks gestation (and this was in 2010!)!!
Absolutely mental considering Aberdeen has a big maternity hospital :wacko:

Needless to say I shall be checking with the consultant when I see her to see if anything has changed since last year with regards to what gestation they get shipped out at and also what happens if they are born after 30 weeks but have probs associated with sub 30 weekers.

Tasha: My appt is at St Thomas' :thumbup:

My placenta got sent off too because of my abruption.

:hugs::hugs: Lottie you do need to have a chat to your consultant.

When they tried to induce me with Honey at 29 weeks, the hospital didnt accept below 32 weeks so they were going to transfer me to Queen Charlottes at they accept right from 22/23 weeks, but then said we will induce first and see if she can breath on her own, if not then we will transfer. Crazy.

They should at least have a plan of say if it is before 30 weeks you will deliver here, if after you will deliver here.

I live about 20/25 minutes away on the train.

WTf lottie :shock:

As for my lovley placenta maybe its to see if theres affects of the progesterone?

I'm going to ask her to check what Dundee's policy is on pre 24 weekers so if they won't deal with them before 24 weeks we can have a plan of if something happens at 23 weeks I go to Edinburgh, 24-30 I go to Dundee and 31+ I'll stay in Aberdeen.

I've got a huge list of questions to ask her when I finally see her at 21wks! Sadly I have little/no faith in her as she didn't really do much last time (the hospital Findlay was born in were shocked at the lack of checks I'd been given up here) and she's not exactly being proactive this time as I can't see any way I'm going to get my amnio before I'm 22 weeks which means there's no way I'll have the results back before 24 weeks as results will take 2-3 weeks to come back.

I soooo wish I could just move down to Dorset until the baby arrives as they gave me the most fantastic care when I was down there with problems in my pregnancy with Findlay and I trust them totally.

Here lottie i remember the midwife said to me at 27 weeks id be heading to dundee, she said aberdeen but then shook her head and corrected herself :s

It's stupid really, we shouldn't have to sit worrying about how many hours away we'll end up due to some hospitals having bizarre policies on gestations (I mean 30 weeks seems a bit ridiculous in my opinion for a large maternity hospital who deal with a huuuuge area as they deal with highlands and islands populations too).

That's good to know that Dundee can certainly take from 27 weeks Sandi :thumbup:

Lottie, I would double check about Aberdeens neonatal unit, my first was in there in 2004 and there was a 26 weeker in at the same time. I guess it could have changed since but that seems strange:flower:

The maternity hospital next to my house here in Scottsdale ( near Phoenix Arizona) only takes from 32 weeks but theres one 20mins away that takes from 23 weeks, we have a plan set up already for delivery so its a good idea to get that in place.

Tasha, yeah its in Anaheim, about an hour north of San Diego where we moved from. I believe its smaller than Florida. Eurodisney is awesome :thumbup:

When olivia was on cpap,she used to be on nasal cannula oxygen for the few hours she was off, When Grace is off cpap shes not on any oxygen and just breathing air :) so i figured that once she was finally off cpap all together that she wouldnt need oxygen! So i asked the nurse yesterday and she said its very highly likely that she will be on oxygen when shes off cpap completely!confuuused...! anyone know of babies not having oxygen when they were weaning off cpap but then on it afterwards!?

Olivias mum, when Jessica was coming off cpap she was the same - ventilated for a day or so at start then on cpap, then when she started coming off cpap she was on air only but once she was off it completely, as SB says eventually it was too much, and she had to be put onto oxygen. :hugs:

*delurks and sheepishly waves* :shy:

Hi ladies, thought it was about time I introduced myself from the land of lurkdom. I'm really sorry if I caused any upset, I'm not weird (not sure if hubby would agree lol) just a bit shy.

Our son Daniel was born unexpectedly last May at 27+5 - i've just posted on the Introduce your VIP thread. I'm now 17 wks gone with no 2 and I'm really excited but also worried of the same thing happening again, especially as they don't know why I delivered early last time. Everyone keeps telling me not to worry, relax etc etc but it's far easier said than done! My aim is to get to 37 wks this time and I'm determined!

Anyway just wanted to say hi, I will be a poster not a lurker in future! To term and beyond for us all :)

Naughty JJ...... :rofl: you were beginning to scare the nips off me :haha:

Welcome to the club, you lurker you! D you want me to add u to the first page? X

My alex is 27+4, and I'm 34 weeks gone, there was no reason for her arrival either - so it's possible Hun!

Lottie if your consultant doesnt give you a care plan that you think you need then get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinion, however many it needs to get you the care that you need, deserve and are happy with. Sometimes we need to scream and shout for the right care.

Welcome JJ :flower:

I'm seeing my lupus consultant in London a few days before the obs consultant up here so I'm going to get him to write a letter to her confirming what he wants her to do in terms of extra checks and hope she listens this time. I think I'll be a lot more demanding this time than I was last time so god help her if she and/or my midwife refuse to keep an eye on me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->