Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Once everyone has had their babies we'll have to rename it parenting after our preemies and if we all get to term we can then sit posting about confusing issues like 'they've grown out of their newborn clothes but they are only 2 weeks old' etc :haha:

:rofl: we will all need a 'scratches head' blinkie :rofl: I'm too used to this preemie thing!
You know girls, I have a top here for Findlay saying "I'm the big brother" in 3-6 months. Now apart from twins, and findlay....how on earth is a top in THAT size? Go figure........

I was sure that was what your bump was going to be called! I can't think of any other already shortened girls names. Ooo it's going to drive me mad trying to think what it might be until she arrives and you announce it lol :haha: Happy 34 weeks! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm ok Sandi just shattered from the stress and lack of sleep over the past few weeks. My high dose corticosteroids have kicked in so I am feeling half human again at the minute which is always good. March is going to be rather busy again here but we're booking a weekend away for 2 weekends time up to a really remote cottage in the Highlands just to get a few days break away from everything before I have my anomaly scan and F goes back into hospital so that should be good :thumbup:
We're not going to be able to go to my Mum's next weekend now when we head south for my hospital appt due to F still being poorly so we're not going to get down to see her now until I'm 27/28 weeks. Guess I'm going to have to break the news to her over the phone now at some point, eek!

Bite the bullet Hun, I think its the best you can do in the circumstances. And a break isn't a bad idea. The cottage sounds fab!

As for the name lol what made you think that? I have chosen a name though, ive only seen it as a nickname for someones baby in teenage pregnancy section (I searched the name to see who had it too, I'm nuts I know) only my preemie mummy friends and BnB know it's a girl.

Please excuse any typos, I am on my phone. Just thought I would update, went to the pet shop, said exactly what I said I would and he gave me an odd look and took me to the ph strips. When we got to that aisle, he asked me if it were leaking waters I was worried about, I said yes, so he showed me the fish tank sealant and said it is what I needed. Of course the image of my waters breaking and trying to use sealant to stop it and close me up was sooooooo funny, so I was laughing whilst he looked confused. In the end I bought both cos I felt a bit bad, so I no longger have any worries, my waters break and I just use the sealant. Lmao.

Sandi that sounds fantastic, and that she is genuine. Did someone recommend her?
Pmsl :rofl: that is gonna go down in history! :rofl: LOVE IT!
Yeah she's a friend of someone who used to be on here actually. My friend wont have a reading done, and the medium is strictly professional too. It was nice. Apparently my grandad is looking out for my gran so I told her today. Dunno what she thought but I couldn't not say.

:happydance: we sure will! i dont think any of us will leave this thread now. Sandi will just have to rename it or sumthing when everyone has had there babies!!
Nooo I'm gonna keep it going even when I'm not pregnant! :)
There's a difference between support/ adding advice and daily reoccurring lurkers you know! :rofl:

We have gone from tumbleweed to chatterboxes :rofl:

Today I have been discharged from the consultant. I'm officially FREE!

HAPPY 19 WEEKS LOTTIE!
'halfway' there already almost!!

It was so amusing, but Matt says I am mean. :rofl:

Lottie :hugs::hugs: for being so tired. I havent read the whole thread is something you dread hun? Happy 19 weeks hun.

Mumof42009, I was thinking 9lb 4ish.

Awww, that is lovely, I think it will bring your Gran comfort. I wish someone could recommend me one. I loved Roxy too, but for the same reason as you wont use it. Aaaah shortened girls names, only one that springs to mind is Sam but obviously Sam is gonna be more popular than one person, so will get thinking.

We have a name picked but are keeping it a secret too.

OMG Tasha :rofl:

Lottie, that break sounds fab. It took us until around the 20 week mark to tell MIL about this pregnancy:hugs:

Sandi, Tasha, all these secret names, please share:flower:

34 weeks:happydance: How did your results go? Im guessing 8lb 15oz btw.

Theres a spritual advisor place just up the road from here, biggest thing I'd be worried about is what if you got bad news:nope:

Nic, hope you feel better today?:hugs:

Anja was sick all night last night but seems better this morning, now we're all knackered lol

Hahaha, nope not sharing.

A good medium/spiritual advisor wont give you bad news sweetie.

The reason I wont go is because I would want to hear from Honey, no matter how much I say I will go not expecting anything, deep down I would. I dont want the disappointment if I didnt.

Poor Anja, maybe you can all grab a nap later?

Bite the bullet Hun, I think its the best you can do in the circumstances. And a break isn't a bad idea. The cottage sounds fab!

As for the name lol what made you think that?

I was trying to think of shortened girls names and I couldn't think of many but Roxy was the first one I thought sounded like a 'you' sort of name lol. You could ahve had a Foxy Roxy to go along with Sexi Lexi :haha:

Yep the cottage will be fab just a shame I won't be able to use the sauna or hot tub this time as I am pretty sure that both are no gos in pregnancy. I'm soooo excited about cooking on the Aga in the cottage again, at times I'm sure 86 is my age not the year I was born in :haha:

I think I'll tell Mum after I get out of my appt with my lupus consultant a week on Monday as he is her consultant too so she will trust what he says and I can then tell her what his plan is for getting the hospital up here to keep an eye on me which might reassure her a bit about my health side of the pregnancy so then she'll just go mad at me about the potential probs that baby might have. My Mum is the most fantastic Mummy in the world and she's my best friend and I think this is the first time ever I've been scared to tell her something! :dohh:

HAPPY 19 WEEKS LOTTIE!
'halfway' there already almost!!

:shock: Crap I've not got long until I need to get my bag packed. Argh the time is going really fast with me being so busy! :wacko:

Thank you.

LOL I dunno, I sometimes hear other parents talking about them so thought you might be one of those lucky ones.

morning people :) hope all the pregnancys are going well!Grace is 6 weeks old tomorrow!(born at 28+4) She point blank refuses to put on any weight! Shes still losing weight and nowhere near her birth weight yet!Shes having a few hours off cpap, sometimes she manages it, sometimes she does a bit more than shes meant to n sometimes she hardly does any time without it n has to go back on!all pretty normal stuff though..well apart from the weight gain (or lack of it!) shes still in ICU, we saw her consultant today n he said ''your here for the long haul, its not gonna be ''straight forward, home in 6 weeks'' (shes had NEC, sepsis, e-coli and 2 operations up to now!)

When olivia was on cpap,she used to be on nasal cannula oxygen for the few hours she was off, When Grace is off cpap shes not on any oxygen and just breathing air :) so i figured that once she was finally off cpap all together that she wouldnt need oxygen! So i asked the nurse yesterday and she said its very highly likely that she will be on oxygen when shes off cpap completely!confuuused...! anyone know of babies not having oxygen when they were weaning off cpap but then on it afterwards!?

hope all your babies stay put till due dates!!!
xx

Olivias mum that happened to us. Alex went from ventilator to cpap in a matter of days. Then it was nothing. No oxygen cannula. But it was too much too soon and they ended up giving her the cannula, and CPAP on bad days.

Oooo that's me got my anomaly scan booked for March 18th at 11am :thumbup: Off to Livingston for it though as they only have appts in Aberdeen on certain weekends and we aren't here on either of the ones that are around the right time for the anomaly scan due to me having an appt in London and us going away for the weekend the following week :dohh:
It's not too bad though as it is close to Edinburgh so I am going to take Findlay to Deep Sea World afterwards as I've been desperate to take him for aaaages as I think he'll love it and it will be a nice treat for him before he goes into hospital again on the Monday.

Woooooo fab news charlotte, wish we could have met but im thinking i might be OD or baby full :rofl:

Olivias mum:hugs: Congrats on Grace, I'm sorry I have no real advice as my preemies were not as early but more:hugs:

Lottie, have fun at sea world:thumbup: Good luck for the anomaly scan as well.

Sandi, Lol you'll have another month after the 18th march:winkwink:

I had a pretty bad morning, lots of contractions I couldn't shift with 5 glasses of water and laying down so had to take the nifedipine which is helping. Not a fan of the stuff though, makes me nauseous. Have to go back to perinatology as well next week as she's measuring 27 weeks atm (I'm 30 weeks), although the measurement with the nurse was 31 weeks at 29 weeks:wacko: The OB did it twice to check though and said defo fundal height of 27 weeks. She is engaged so I'm wondering if that would cause it?:flower:

Last pregnancy I was meant to have a tiny baby, with growth scan saying 3 1/2lb the same day she was delivered at 4lb 12oz so could just hide them well:haha:

Oooh that is right near mine, it is the 22nd March which 4 years and one day since my waters broke.

I live in London, where abouts are you going?

deep sea world sounds fantastic, I have never even heard of it, will google in a second, Findlay will love it I am sure.

I have this stupid headache which wont budge.

Oh wow it looks fab, my LO's would love it too. Never been to Scotland, may have to go up there later in the year.

Oh my god i was confused lol its march next month haha! Well charlotte if u want to meet or if i can still walk then you got my number!

Oooh amy hows thinhs now, have they calmed down?

Tasha get ur butt up here i'll show u around ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->