Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

My placenta got checked too...mostly because it was well smelly..gross I know. But it was extremely infected.

So I went to the OBGYN today, my normal dr was away so we saw another lady. She was like a MILLION times more helpful. She ordered an extra US to check cervix length two weeks after my March 2nd one. She also thinks it's nuts our OBGYN won't go by my dates and the latest US dates, which put us at the ticker dates (instead of the OBGYN's which are a week behind).

Plus she also made suggestions our other DR never made, like going to get a dental check up (which was already planned) but our DR never mentioned.

We both left saying we liked her better, but I don't know how you go about changing?

They are DR's in the same office, and my GP is away so I can't consult with him about how to do it. Its making me very nervous every DR being away, as that's what happened when I went into labor with Lakai. My GP was gone, my OBGYN was gone..

My mom took L for the day yesterday and I just watched movies all day...trying to get better. It actually helped. But I think Lakai heard "no no" all day long yesterday as he will NOT stop saying it today! :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: i love how they give away secrets :rofl:

Nic that happened with us when TTC. my doc was awful, she would investigate why we hadnt concieved after a year. (in the end another lovely doc sent me for a scan for PCOS and DH for sperm analysis)

Then my own doc told me if i miscarry Alex ive to start using protection. I was like " err why" (kinda defeats the purpose) and she just shrugged and said "no reason". I was 21/22. She prob had issues with my age.

Anyway i see nice doc most of the time now, they just send me to her by coincidence cause cow face is busy.:haha: Alex is going to see her today cause of the sick (im not taking reflux as an answer)

That's really rude about the b/c comment..I get chitty comments from people because people seem to think I look younger than I am. No one ever guesses my correct age, I always get ID'ed and such....I am not remotely complaining. But it certainly gives me a better insight on how horribly teen/younger mom's are sometimes treated.

I had an older lady blame me for Lakai's early birth by saying "babies shouldn't have babies" after hearing he is premature. And lots of "oh another young mother" comments. I usually ignore people, but every once and a while I call them out and say "Im 32! Get over yourself!".

Its even better when I am with my husband...he looks a LOT older than me but actually Im 6 months older.

Anyways...rant over.

I know the "no-no" thing is totally from my mom as she is the only one who says "no-no" I try to avoid it for this exact reason! LOL She is notorious for bad word teachings! When my younger brother was like 3, he was colouring and his paper fell on the floor and he said "SH*T" really loudly. I, of course cracked up and my mom who was also there asked who taught him that, the little bugger said me! But I totally didn't, so I said "Oh really Jake...I DID?" And he was like "noooooooooooooooo gramma DID!".
:rofl:

We didn't need CSI to figure that one out, it's her fave word!

I have to laugh because after Lakai's nap when he was still waking up on the daybed/couch thingy...he looked at me and kinda whined, which normally means "come snuggle me". And I normally do, but today I said "If I do you will go back to sleep!" (I wanted him to stay awake) and he said "OH no, no!" he he

hi ladies such a fun thread, wish i cold join you now :rofl: coming from a mommy to an amazing 25 weeker (who is not currently expecting but extremly nosey) just wanna say congrats and im cheering you all on 2 term

I know I haven't left this thread...buttttttttttttt say if I was to have another, even after having a termie now after my preemie, am I still allowed to be added on to the front page? :haha:

Hell yeah?!? You had a preemie. End of.

My thread my rules :rofl:

Oooh you and me are you coming back to join us?:winkwink:

Sandi, that was so rude telling you to go on bc! I have had people (mainly MIL) telling me to get sterilised for the last 3 years, gets annoying and makes you want to do the opposite:haha:

nic, thats funny with the naughty words, my eldests first word was bugger lol, glad your feeling better:hugs: Sounds like that new OB would be much better for you, I guess to change you just ask at the practice reception, you're more than within your rights.

MIL had the cheek to say to me 'you should get on the pill' when i told her i was pregnant again.

Theres so many flaws with that statement.... :rofl:

1) errr im pregnant... Bit late...
2) i was on the pill :dohh:
3) you have sod all say on my contraception or family :dohh:

Sounds like my MIL, she was like "its never too late" when I was 7m gone with my son:growlmad: after that constantly going about tubes getting tied and hubby having a vasectomy. I just don't listen lol, your right they have no say!

I woke up this morning at 4am as I just couldn't get comfy as my whole abdomen was really achey. The only way I can describe it is that it feels like I did 500 sit ups yesterday!! I am assuming it's just everything stretching so I'm not worrying or anything it's just more annoying than anything (I never had anything like this with F).

It's still not eased off and other than a soak in a nice warm bath is there anything I can do? Are we allowed to use heatpads on low setting in second tri?

Sandi your MIL is just beyond words she really is!! :wacko:

Naughty JJ...... :rofl: you were beginning to scare the nips off me :haha:

Welcome to the club, you lurker you! D you want me to add u to the first page? X

My alex is 27+4, and I'm 34 weeks gone, there was no reason for her arrival either - so it's possible Hun!

Would love to be added to the list ta! :happydance: EDD is 4th August x

i was 17 when i got pregnant for Tyler, had him a couple of weeks after i turned 18. i got comments like huh kids shouldnt have kids etc.

i prob only looked 14/15yrs tho lol

JJ_Buck added, EDD Aug 4th!

Welcome to our wee big thread :)

How r u finding being pregnant again hun?

Lottie doll i dunno bout heat pads :(

Lianne hows that termie of yours :rofl:

Sounds great!

I had a moment today, i was crying because i felt guilty getting this far-like, i feel like i belong in the preemie land :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->