Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

i know exactly what u mean! i look at Jaiden & then look at tyler and the guilt i feel breaks my heart. but i know there is nothing i can do! they are both here, safe, healthy & happy & i love them both the same - equally!

i neva thoguht icould love anyone in the same way i love tyler but i do!

and i know things wil be grand for u sandi :hugs:

:hugs: Sandi, it must be really confusing

Lianne, he sounds adorable:cloud9:

I feel like a total traitor to the girls on here too.
Part of me doesnt want to know what its like, ykwim? Alex and her story is my life.

God i think i gotta distance myself from 3rd tri. Too hormonal to watch the girls wishing for babies to come early. :nope:

Sandi, I replyed on that thread too, some naive women wanting waters to break at 32 weeks:nope: I don't think I have the same feelings as my 3 have all been at a similar gestation so I don't know what to compare it to. Your 2 will have such an extreme gap in gestation its got to be really hard to take in. With Alex having such a journey as well that would naturally be your life hun but it doesn't mean that the journey can't change:hugs:

Just wanted to offer all of you some :hugs::hugs: sounds like you all need them

Had a pretty crappy day today tbh. Will write about it tomorrow.

As for wishing their waters should break at 32 weeks, maybe someone should tell them my daughter is an angel because mine broke early. Have no sympathy for people like that today, sorry for the harsh words girls :hugs::hugs:

Yikes...I think I will leave BNB during my third tri..

:hugs: to all that need hugs!

Sandi, I replyed on that thread too, some naive women wanting waters to break at 32 weeks:nope:

That one done it for me, don't people read books or stuff?!?!?!? Horrible and offensive, to us and the girls who have had losses.

I will admit im in pain, i cant go anywhere without it taking about 3 times longer, cant sleep and SPD is awwwwwful but dear god i know how lucky i am.

I want to reply to the thread so badly...but I know it will be taken as nothing more than causing trouble..no matter how I word it. And if that happens, I won't be able to bite my tongue. So I better just not say anything.

Tasha - I hope you have a better day today. :hugs:

I'm gonna go take a look at this thread!!!

ETA ~ I can't find it, but then I don't go into 3rd tri anymore...does anyone have the link please? Or title of the thread?

Nic i know, i just unsubscribed. Not my bloody fault if people cant take the hint about how reality is.

What part of 'Alex is sick shes staying home' does MIL dont understand!!!!!!!!????
D is going out to hers because it was his bday on thursday and all she was bothered about was if Alex was going out with him. D is peeved off.
Im just sad for him, how his own mum has replaced all her own young pics of him with Alexs :( and his gran is slowly doing the same. In fact she has a pic of MIL,FIL and Alex, none of Alex with her own parents.... :(

:nope: MIL's only hear what they want to hear...I hope Alex feels better soon :flower:

Sandi, massive :hugs::hugs: It is so hard to watch that sort of behaviour to your husband. My MIL was the same, M has spent his whole life (until cutting contact) trying to prove himself, make them love him like they should. It is not how a mother/child relationship should be is it? And I think made all the harder to understand when you become a parent yourself and could never treat your child the way they do on regular occurrence.

Thanks for the hugs girls. Yesterday I had a really rubbish appointment. Basically the man whos lack of care with my youngest made me change hospitals, is who I saw and he hasnt changed at all. He decided I am to stop all medication from yesterday, that is the progesterone, aspirin and the clexane. And only start the clexane once baby is born, for six weeks unless I get a clot or the placenta starts failing before that. I just feel like he is risking our lives for no reason at all, a clot could kill me before I restart clexane and by the time the placenta starts failing it could be too late for my baby. But he just isnt listening to me, and the last time a doctor didnt listen I ended up burying my baby. He also said I am to have shared care between the hospital and my GP, I havent had shared care since 30 odd weeks with my oldest and with my history (pre eclampsia in the first pregnancy, pre eclampsia that was med controlled from 24 weeks with the 2nd, with the third I had pre-eclampsia, PPROM at 28 weeks, failed induction at 29 weeks, eight weeks after the waters breaking she was born sleeping and the placenta was 50% too small, 50% clots and a 10% abruption, Honey was growth restricted, her lungs were the size of a 30 weeker and her kidneys had not grown since my waters went at 28 weeks, then my 4th I had pre eclampsia, low waters, her placenta had started to fail and was too small, pregnancies number 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 were early losses and pregnancy 12 I have been told my section scar hasnt healed properly inside and it looks deficient to hold a pregnancy until term) and clotting disorders, I just dont feel shared care is right for us. I will be sorting it all next week, though.

It feels better writing it out, how are you all?

Tasha is there any, any way you can bypass this idiot and get someone else?

The MIL, i dont think she understands, i guess she undermines D because he is her only child and she hasnt cut the control strings yet. We were up only ten mins this morn when the phone rang, it was her asking what time WE were going out. D already told her Alex is a bit sick and not going to hers last night.....but she moaned about it this morning, like thats sll she was bothered about. Ive got a bloody nursery to sort, a baby to look after, i no longer have the time to entertain her with Alex. Or the patience to listen to her insisting she want to take Alex for a walk, or make her eat something she fancies seeing alex eat. :nope:
Sometimes she just ignores me and i want to cry and scream "no more". But i refuse to let alex go without me because im scared D wont be my voice if im not there. Hes getting better at pitting his foot down, but its his mum, it must be hard :(

I did say to him last night its hard as she is not MY mum and we dont know what upsets one another, so its easy to offend.

But sorry isnt in her vocab either, and any monkey can say sorry. Manners....

I hate your MIL and I dont even know her. She thinks Alex is their purely for her entertainment doesnt she? I was the same, refused my children to go with just Matt cos it also put the OH in an awkward position doesnt it? The thing is for your hubby being undermined is probably normal to him, which is sad. It sounds like she has spent a long time with people agreeing with her just to keep the peace and so she always thinks she is in the right, so therefore no apologies needed.

Try not to let her stress you :hugs:

Hopefully I can, i have prem clinic on Wednesday, so will see what I can do when I have a chat with them.

Tasha i felt like i had hiccups all the way through the pregnancy too, people not pulling their weight. I know u have plenty of fight still in you so keep pushing. Xxxx

How r u finding being pregnant again hun?

Lottie doll i dunno bout heat pads :(

Ta for adding me to the list, ooh I'm official now!

Have to say I'm finding it very weird. Keep having random thoughts like that at this point last time I was only 10 wks away from having Daniel. And I'm really hormonal this time round, much more than before. Someone said to me the other day 'oh you'll know what giving birth is really like now if you have an 8lber' - I've never wanted to hit anyone so much in my life! People just don't get it. I'd better not read that 3rd tri thread.....!

Am also starting to feel the familiar niggles of SPD, which I had before. Midwife said it can come earlier with 2nd babies but I didn't think it would be quite yet! They referred me to physio before but I never made it as Daniel arrived. I read that they can give you some kind of belt thing to wear - anyone had one? If so do they help at all?

Hope you're all having good weekends! :thumbup:

Hey JJ (is it jenni?)

I bought one as our local NHS physio don't give the belts out but a friend gave me hers. They proper strap you up and I bet you'd find it ideal just now. As ive got further, the less it seems to help but whether you're given one, or if you buy one, it seems worth it!

I didn't have SPD with Alex, so it was a shock.

As for the whole birth thing I don't believe its any different, having a term birth to a preemie birth, but I'll tell you if I find out. ;)

Think I mentioned before in this thread, that my cousin assumed it wasn't ANYTHING like a birth full stop....I don't know what she thought exactly..... But I was happy to tell her she was wrong.

I love how people think we havent had a 'real' birth(c section or vag - sorry I hate the word 'natural' in respect of preemies ) just because our babies were simply smaller and younger gestationally.....NOT! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->