Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

I have a friend who had two termers and a preemie (26 weeks), and she said delivering her preemie was harder. I guess cos term has a helping hand with gravity.

My contractions at 29+1 were different but not in a less or worse way, it all seem to be in my legs and back. I hated the pain in my legs.

Oh i know a little bit about this. Let me put mine in order for you-

Worst- Baby no.2- 3lb 8 (my smallest) 27.5 weeks
2nd worst- baby no.1- 7lb 4 full term
3rd- baby no. 3 - 3lb 15 31.5 weeks
easiest- baby no.4- 5lb 7 34.5 weeks

So my smallest was my worst and my easiest was my 2nd biggest and my easiest was my 2nd biggest. I think baby no1 only ranked 2nd as she was the one who had to stretch my still intact body to get out, which obviously hurts.
Baby no. 2 ranked the highest because he was face-up (common with prems) and so got stuck and was trying to push out somewhere where there was no actual opening...not to mention i was stuck on the bed covered in monitors rather than up and walking around which doesn't help. I've done full term and 3 prems and full term did not make it harder.

Er, I had a forceps with #1 (6lb 10oz) a 5 minute 1 push labour with #2(6lb 1oz) and a c-section with #3(4lb 12oz) Lol know which one I'll do again! Mine were all around 33-35 weeks though so I cant compare preemie to term sorry.

Tasha:hugs: That doctor sounds awful, is there anyway you can get your care completely transferred away from him. Hios advice sounds dangerous.

Hi JJ:flower:

Sandi, yeah I don't know what would have got throught to those idiots. How's your spd atm? I've noticed mine gets noticable worse after the prog shot so I'm wondering if thats the reason its worse this time:coffee: Sorry about your MIL as well, they are so much hard work huh:hugs: Mine has decided to book 7 (yes 7) different flights out here so can spend a week after Eilidh gets here:nope:

Just to let u know the angelcare movement only monitors are reduced to £29.99 in Argos (UK) and some of the proceeds to go Bliss remember (i forgot lol)

Weirdly enough i feel i need it more this time , after watching Alexs saturations for 3 months and having nothing like that this time, its a new world to me.

Just to let u know the angelcare movement only monitors are reduced to £29.99 in Argos (UK) and some of the proceeds to go Bliss remember (i forgot lol)

Weirdly enough i feel i need it more this time , after watching Alexs saturations for 3 months and having nothing like that this time, its a new world to me.

I have to admit I wouldn't be without mine even if I went on to have a term baby. Wish I had known this yesterday as we went to the inlaws for the night and I forgot the monitor so went to asda and bought the tommee tippee one as I knew I wouldn't sleep otherwise. Probably a bit OTT but at least now we always have one there.

I must wake at least 30 times a night and lay there listening for Amber breathing :dohh:

Its weird, i found the mat frightened me more? :wacko: i couldnt handle it after a week. But then i did have the old style one and the interference on it was so, so awful. I threw it out only yesterday.
I managed to tell myself, neonatal wouldnt have let her go otherwise.

I actually sold ours, as we never used it! I thought for sure I would be a basket case with Lakai home, but he co-slept instead...so there was no need for it. :shrug:

I thought the same SB, that they wouldn't have taken Reagan off the monitors if she wasn't ready and okay...but after living months with knowing and reading your baby by beeping machines, it is hard to adjust without them.

I never got a mat with Reagan either, because I think it would most likely turn me into an obsessive OCD kinda person...my mum talked me out of getting one with Amber :haha:

It's a toughie huh?
The alarms, eh? When Alex and I popped up to see Katy1310 in neonatal, I could hear the alarms and automatically looked for what was happening, it gets inbuilt doesn't it? Xx

Grace is coming upto 7 weeks old now and had never put weight on, always lost weight and was well under her birth weight, last week they upped her feeds to 200mil/kilo/day n started addinf high cal formula to her milk, just phoned the hospital and she has put on 135 grams since wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!first weight gain since she was born! I am officially a very happy bunny today :D xx

Glad to hear grace is now putting on weight. My lo was on 200ml/kg with fortifier as her weight gain was rubbish. When we transferred to the hospital near home they were horrified as they only ever put them on 150ml/kg. As a compromise they put her on 175ml/kg. Thankfully she still managed to put on weight with that. Must have needed that kickstart in the first 8 weeks.

That's fab news Jo!!!

Nic u ok yeah?

i always check for the all 3 kids breathing,

when tyler was born my hv offered me an alarm monitor thing for him becuz i didnt sleep, i was too busy blanket watchin (makin sure i cud see it moving up & down) if i couldnt id prod him. i always promised myself i wouldnt do it with Jaiden. but i cant help it.

he makes these funny noises in his sleep which scare me, so i think to myself 'Jaiden stop tht' then when he stops im listening out for him to make the slightest noise. :dohh:

i think im more nervous because my twin brother died of cot death aged 4months.

Im sorry about your brother lianne xxxxxxxxxxxx
I think as mummies we all do it, but we all have some instinct too somehow.

16 days til full term! Stuff my due date! Due dates are for commoners :rofl:

I was talking to my Mum about the monitor thing today, she said how she wished for that sort of thing when we were little. She use to be just like me, watching through the night.

:hugs::hugs: Lianne, it does make your more aware. It is my sisters birthday today, she grew her wings at three and a half months.

Sandi that is amazing, not long at all.

Fab news about Grace :)

Nic hope you are okay? :hugs:

Lianne:hugs:

Olivias mum, thats great news about Grace's weight gain:happydance:

Sandi, so so close to term now:thumbup:

I have my ffn and check as well as GD test tomorrow, pretty nervous as been feeling a lot more pressure the last few days so fingers crossed it comes back negative. Here they admit you to the hospital if the test comes back positive:wacko:

Good luck for tomorrow hun, I think more pressure begins to happen around your gestation any way, as they begin to get bigger. At least they look after you, if it does. What is the gd test?

Wow Amy that's a bit :wacko: ! How long do u stay for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->