Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Hey JJ (is it jenni?)

I bought one as our local NHS physio don't give the belts out but a friend gave me hers. They proper strap you up and I bet you'd find it ideal just now. As ive got further, the less it seems to help but whether you're given one, or if you buy one, it seems worth it!

I didn't have SPD with Alex, so it was a shock.

As for the whole birth thing I don't believe its any different, having a term birth to a preemie birth, but I'll tell you if I find out. ;)

Think I mentioned before in this thread, that my cousin assumed it wasn't ANYTHING like a birth full stop....I don't know what she thought exactly..... But I was happy to tell her she was wrong.

I love how people think we havent had a 'real' birth(c section or vag - sorry I hate the word 'natural' in respect of preemies ) just because our babies were simply smaller and younger gestationally.....NOT! :haha:

That's great thanks. I'll get googling and have a look at them, and hope the referral comes through soon. I feel like a 80 yr old atm where it hurts to roll over in bed etc :dohh:

Really interesting to hear about all your birth experiences, some of the nurses also said it was harder giving birth to smaller babies cos of the gravity thing etc. Hopefully in about 20 wks I'll get to find out for real!

I got to one point where I couldn't get the noise of those alarms out of my head. It does get inbuilt! Not a noise I miss.

Wow Sb only 16 days! That's amazing :happydance: Yeah I'm Jenni, or Jen whichever you like! Just not Jennifer please reminds me far too much of school days :haha:

Hi and good luck for tomoz mummy3 :flower:

Sorry ladies, everything is just fine! I posted something last night late and then lost track of what I was saying...so gave up. :dohh:

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend! :flower:

Tasha, yep I'm going with the its normal idea:thumbup: And higs for your sister hun:hugs:

Sandi, tbh I'm not sure how long, OB told me at least the first 24 hours, strange thing is the test is taken on the tues morn and i get results wed pm so her logic is a bit out lol. Last time I had the positive i was in 5 days until she was born but I was having contractions as well, so guess will see:shrug:

GD, is the diabetes test, everyone has to have it over here, i'm told its foul.

Hi Jenni! So you have the spd as well? The belts are good as is some of the exercises physio can give you. One of them is on all fours arch your back like a cat then slowly lower it back down as low as you can go and hold. Lol I was just prescribed vicodin and ambien this time, Its different to when i was in the UK lol.

Nic, are you ok hun?:hugs:

All this talk of monitors, I never had one, way too scary would be up every 5 seconds checking it had'nt broken. I keep LO in my room though for the first 6m and I'm a seriously light sleeper. Still go check on all 3 of them throughout the night even now as well, probably will for a long time yet:thumbup:

Sorry ladies, everything is just fine! I posted something last night late and then lost track of what I was saying...so gave up. :dohh:

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend! :flower:

Ah! The joys of pregnancy huh:haha:

Dont know if im allowed to be here but im pregnant after my preemie born at 27+4 on 9th Sept after my waters breaking at 22 weeks its quite a strory but i dont mind sharing if you all wanna know.
All i know now is that this pregnancy wasnt planned and im petrified of things going wrong again but my dates are too freeky not to have him/her my last af was 5th dec the day my lil boy was due and my due date according to scan is 9th sept the day he was born so i cant help thinking my boy gave me this baby to try and heal my broken heart, hope its ok being here xxx

Just got back from seeing the midwife and I'm now more concerned than I was when I got there about a couple of bits! :dohh:

First off she did my blood pressure, now my blood pressure *never* changes come pregnancy, stress or whatever. When she did it at 13 weeks it was 98/60. She did it today and it's up at 125/86!! :wacko: So it's gone up 27 on the top and 26 on the bottom. I have never had BP this high in my life! Glad I'm seeing my lupus consultant on Monday to discuss it with him as my lupus puts me at risk of early onset Pre-E and PIH.

She tried to do my fundal height, and then was poking around telling me she was struggling to find the top and then said that it was an awful lot lower than she'd expect for this gestation and she's not written anything in the fundal height column of my notes for today :dohh: You'd think she could have worded it better seeing as I'd not long finished telling her the probs lupus can cause which include low fluid levels and iugr.

On the plus side she's booked me in for my antenatal classes so I start those on March 16th so 2 weeks time. Oh how silly I will look again starting my antenatal classes at 22 weeks when everyone else will be 33weeks+. I always get funny looks from the other Mums :haha:

I asked about an elective csection and she said because F was a high risk pregnancy ending up being prem and an abruption and I'm at risk of all of that again she said that she can't see that the consultant will have any issues letting me have an elective if that is what I really want :happydance:

She's not seeing me for 5 weeks due to me seeing the obstetric consultant in just under 2 weeks but after I had explained about all the issues that lupus can cause she said if I'm worried at any point then just phone her and if the gps have no appts with her (she's only there 1 morning every 2 weeks) she said to just get Dave to pop me up to to the local maternity unit in the evening and she'll check me over and if she's not there one of the night staff will give me a check over :thumbup:

Ah well that's me told my Mum over the phone and she reacted exactly as I expected and has gone mental at me. Most people get a congratulations I get a "Oh my god that's terrible! Are you stupid or what?!"

Oh Lottie :hugs: :hugs:

I am sorry about your mom's reaction and of course its not ok. But I wonder if its not an ill spoken reaction just coming from sheer worry? My mom's reaction wasn't much different and she barely even now has really warmed up to the idea, she's just excepted it..excepted it isn't going to change. I doubt she will be over it (as likely your mom or any of our moms...) will be till the termies are safely in our arms or at least everything is ok!

I'm sorry about your MW appointment too. Poorly worded things being said all over hey?! :hugs:

Thanks Nic. As well as being worried about the effects pregnancy can have on my health she is very very concerned that this baby will also be disabled (as we've got a 1 in 2 chance of it) and how on earth will I cope looking after 2 little ones who both need full time round the clock care on my own as OH is out for at least 12 hours a day Mon-Fri at work and also works offshore at times so can be away for 2-3 weeks at a time and I have no family up here.

I can understand her worrying as it's the exact same stuff I'm worrying about it just seems so much worse when it's someone else voicing a lot of what you are thinking :dohh:

Dont know if im allowed to be here but im pregnant after my preemie born at 27+4 on 9th Sept after my waters breaking at 22 weeks its quite a strory but i dont mind sharing if you all wanna know.
All i know now is that this pregnancy wasnt planned and im petrified of things going wrong again but my dates are too freeky not to have him/her my last af was 5th dec the day my lil boy was due and my due date according to scan is 9th sept the day he was born so i cant help thinking my boy gave me this baby to try and heal my broken heart, hope its ok being here xxx

Course you are allowed here :D You have a VIP slot in this section hunny :haha: and my LO was 27+4 too ;)

Feel free to share your story and hang out here. I'm sure we are all hanging by the seat of our pants here :rofl: Thats what this thread is here for - we needed a lil place where everyone understood each others situations better.

So, whats your story hun, what happened? And do you know what kind of care you will get in this pregnancy?

Try not to worry about age gaps - it could be a good thing! We are in the hope that our beanie will help lil missy along the way too.

If you want a nose at my preemies story feel free - shes 21 months now doing grand

www.babygagasdiary.blogspot.com

I'll pop u on the first page - welcome to our exclusive club :D xxxx

Ah well that's me told my Mum over the phone and she reacted exactly as I expected and has gone mental at me. Most people get a congratulations I get a "Oh my god that's terrible! Are you stupid or what?!"

Of course you're stupid, as stupid as me, remember.....:thumbup: thats EXACTLY what MIL said to me - yet I bet ur mum said it out of worry than spite ;) :hugs:

15 days to term!!!! Not long til i need to upgrade from Tena Lady to nappies :rofl: :rofl: (kidding!)

Bump is fine, I am so tired, was out with Alex today and I am so wrecked! She is defo a toddler now :/ a short-assed one at that! Screaming in the buggy cause she wants out/my iphone/keys/something else shes not meant to have :dohh:
Took her to my grans and she destroyed the place :blush:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Lottie, I hope that once the shock has worn off she will be able to hold her tongue when it comes to her worries, you carry enough of your own on your shoulders.

Hahaha Sandi, I am surprised you got this far without already having nappies :haha: Alex sounds exhausting but loads of fun :cloud9:

I am 18 weeks today, it still feels surreal, like it isnt really happening. I have the prem clinic tomorrow, so will have a cervical scan and hope to chat to them about my meds. :thumbup:

Good luck Tasha, stay strong and put your foot down xxxx

Woo Lianne get Jaiden!!!!! :) Well done wee big man!

Good luck tomorrow Tasha! I will be in the same boat...it's our detailed scan and cervix scan tomorrow..and to confirm if baby is really a girl. I don't think so personally, but we shall see.

Welcome to the thread takingforever!

Sandi - Welcome to toddlerhood! he he. It's a blast! :hugs:

My son is crazy about his junk today. So far he has ran into the living room naked, holding his penis saying "dink, dink, dink!" and then when I went to wipe his package off he said "coooo balls" (most likely because I always say "brace yourself it will be cold on your balls dude!") YIKES!

Thanks Nic, good luck with your scan too. I think it is a pink bump. :cloud9: LOL, he sounds soooo cute, it is about now that you really have to start watching what you say as they suddenly becomes little parrots, who some how never forget what you have said but seem to store it for a really inappropriate time :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->