Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

Yeah I have learned my lesson! I have to stop calling him monkey bum now...ha ha.

Tasha - Are you finding out the sex of your bump? And did I miss if you already have shortening of your cervix? Mine is either 3.2 cms at the longest, or 2.8 the shortest, we shall see tomorrow. Fingers and toes crossed for you, for tomorrow.

Lianne - I forgot to say well done to Jaiden! (I just LOVE his name, but I am bias..)

Sandi - You are almost term! :cloud9: You have no idea how much hope that gives me!

Sandi: I'd totally forgotten about you being stupid too! Yes you are def right though at least my Mum was only saying it out of worry.

Awwww she sounds so funny but hard work when you're pregnant. I loved the pic of her on FB with her hair up, she looked like butter wouldn't melt!

Lianne: Well done to Jaiden for his weight gain! :thumbup:

Nic: Good luck for your scan today, hope all goes well with it. Will they remeasure your cervix today? Look forward to seeing the pics

:happydance:

HAPPY 20 WEEKS LOTTIE
('halfway' there eh? ;) )

Happy (belated) 18 weeks Tasha

Good luck to Tasha and Nic at your scans today, I hope you both bring some good news. :thumbup::thumbup:

2ndtimer :baby: Nicholas Kole arrived weighing 7lb 2oz at 37 weeks on 10th Feb. Bit late but I was housekeeping and looking for her - another termie after a preemie!!!:happydance::happydance:

[/ATTACH]Course you are allowed here :D You have a VIP slot in this section hunny :haha: and my LO was 27+4 too ;)

Feel free to share your story and hang out here. I'm sure we are all hanging by the seat of our pants here :rofl: Thats what this thread is here for - we needed a lil place where everyone understood each others situations better.

So, whats your story hun, what happened? And do you know what kind of care you will get in this pregnancy?

Try not to worry about age gaps - it could be a good thing! We are in the hope that our beanie will help lil missy along the way too.

If you want a nose at my preemies story feel free - shes 21 months now doing grand

www.babygagasdiary.blogspot.com

I'll pop u on the first page - welcome to our exclusive club :D xxxx[/QUOTE]

Thank you :flower:

My story at 22weeks i woke up in the night soaked didnt really think much of it (thought id wet myself) so got changed went bk to sleep only to be woken with another gush followed by 2 more, so i went up mau they said it was discharge or pee which i knew it wasnt cause there was no smell to it, sent me home only for it to happen a few more times so went back up mau again to be told the same thing so i said i want a scan which after seeing 3 drs and 5 midwifes they agreed fluid was below the 5th centile, was sent home yet again with antibiotics so keep infection away they didnt seem concerned so i wasnt either.
Well at just before 24weeks i started bleeding so was admitted to hospital only to be transfered miles away cause if baby came they said they couldnt handle him (had steroids) spent just short of a month in birmingham womens they sent me home at 27weeks cause now my local hospital could deal with me, we knew our baby had small lungs due to no fluid watsoever steroids didnt help as there was no fluid for it to work in :(
At 27+4 went for check up at mau temp blood pressure they decided to do a smear test thingy and as she opened me up a big gush of blood came out so they kept me in and started my labour off saying he needs to come now ive never been so scared in my whole life.
My beautiful lil man was born at 10.35pm weighing 2lb10oz took 45mins to intubate him got to see him about 4am so small so many wires tubes i was petrified but he was a stunner!
We were told he had severe chronic lung disease had a million doses of steroids but to cut a long story short there was no more they could do for him as his oxygen requirement just kept going up and up this was dec20th and i held him in my arms as he took his last breath on the 24th dec he fought so hard for 107days and he took it all in his stride we never seen him truley upset but we had just short of a wonderful 4 months with him and id do it all again in a heartbeat heres a few pics of my boy

Takingforever - He is just beautiful. Beautiful! I am so sorry for your loss :hugs: I wish I was better with my words when it comes to this sort of thing, despite going through it myself when I was 19..I still cannot find the right thing to say.

I hope a rainbow shines on you and this pregnancy! :hugs:

Happy 35 weeks Sandi, only 2 to go until term :happydance:

Happy 20 weeks Lottie, half way already :happydance:

Congratulations to 2ndtimer.

Nic, I went for a gender scan on the 20th Feb at 16+5 in the hope it would make this all seem more real, I am having another little girl :cloud9: My cervix is usually 35mm (3.5cm) but last time I went it was 28mm (2.8cm), they said whilst it was normal that I needed to rest to stop it shortening more. My appointment isnt until 1.30pm today. What time is yours?

takingforever your little man is beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss. My little girl grew her wings and her little sister was born 361 days later, I know PAL is so hard so if you ever need to talk, then feel free to message me. :hugs:

Sandi just seen two things, well done on the 14,000 posts :haha: and also your avatar :cloud9: it is gorgeous, they look alike :cloud9:

Takingforever, I am so sorry, I did not realise he was a lil angel. :hugs: And a tough one at that too, he is gorgeous.

We are right behind you hun every step of the way!
Have you had a first scan yet with this preganancy?

Sandi just seen two things, well done on the 14,000 posts :haha: and also your avatar :cloud9: it is gorgeous, they look alike :cloud9:

ssshhh 14000 posts is terrible, my bnb 1st birthday was only in Jan :rofl:
Hayley reckons baby looks more like Alex in that pic than alex did (alex is on the right). We think she has a point!!!

Twinnies.......:haha:

Takingforever: Your little boy is absolutely gorgeous and I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Mine isn't till 3pm and at the rate Im going....it will take even longer! It's 2:18am and I am not remotely tired!

Congrats on PINK!

Baby is going ninja on my insides. They really do not like the fact I drink a lot of water or sneeze more than I use too. I was all worried because I didn't feel much movement, now its like the Cirque Du Soleil is doing an hourly performance in my stomach.

ssshhh 14000 posts is terrible, my bnb 1st birthday was only in Jan :rofl:
Hayley reckons baby looks more like Alex in that pic than alex did (alex is on the right). We think she has a point!!!

Twinnies.......:haha:

It was your second bnb birthday, but still that is SEVEN THOUSAND posts a year :haha:

I think Hayley is right, they are going to be so cute together. My oldest were born 15 months a part and so by the time Naomi-Mae was one and Morgan was two there was only about 10cm's in height between them, so we were constantly getting are they twins. I bet by this time next year you will of heard the same, more times than you can count :haha:

Mine isn't till 3pm and at the rate Im going....it will take even longer! It's 2:18am and I am not remotely tired!

Congrats on PINK!

Baby is going ninja on my insides. They really do not like the fact I drink a lot of water or sneeze more than I use too. I was all worried because I didn't feel much movement, now its like the Cirque Du Soleil is doing an hourly performance in my stomach.

I hope you get some sleep soon. Is Lakai usually an early riser or will you be able to sleep in a bit? I cant wait to get to that point, you must love those feelings right now.

Thank you.

I still don't think I've felt anything. Midwife put down yesterday "? fetal movement felt" as she got me all panicked when she started telling me how in second pregnancies people feel things well before 20 weeks as they know what they are looking out for.

Is your uterus and baby measuring fine for dates Nic? I'm hoping that the reason I'm not feeling anything is just because my uterus is apparently far smaller than it should be (obv not a good sign I know!) and she was really struggling to even find the baby so she thinks that baby is lying at an awkward angle towards the bottom of it. Are the little thuds you hear on the doppler when listening to the heartbeat the baby moving as I am not feeling anything at all when I hear those :shrug:

Also Nic what are you doing about baby clothes? Are you just buying newborn size or are you buying some preemie stuff too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->