Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

you and me:happydance: Big big congrats hun!

Lottie, how did it go today?:hugs:

Lianne, I thought you got fertile after 3 weeks, are you bfing?

Any signs yet Sandi?

I'm pissed at the NICU today, I asked before I left yesterday evening how much milk Eilidh had and they said enough to her 11am feed. S hubby goes in at 8 30 with more breastmilk and they are giving her a formula feed:growlmad: No call to say she's run out or anything.

Thank you!!

They should have called you :nope: are you putting in a complaint?

Scan was mixed, so far baby's structures look ok and development of brain, bones etc match gestational age fine but baby's general growth is severely behind all over including the head measurement :( The scan lady rechecked all the measurements but they still came out the same and are well below the bottom centile line.

What we don't know yet is if baby totally stopped growing several weeks ago or if growth slowed down a lot quite some time ago and baby has been growing very slowly since but we'll hopefully get a better idea once I've had a couple of growth scans done.

She said all we can do is wait for the amnio results and see what the consultant says as early onset growth probs are often caused by chromosome abnormalities and can also be caused by maternal autoimmune conditions such as SLE which I've got (which is why I have to have regular growth scans from 24 weeks)

The scan lady was so nice though and asked if I wanted to talk to her about my feelings about the results or if I just wanted to sit on my own in the scan room for a few mins or if I wanted a cup of tea etc.

Oh and to my total surprise we are team........ :pink: :shock: :shock:

I'm pissed at the NICU today, I asked before I left yesterday evening how much milk Eilidh had and they said enough to her 11am feed. S hubby goes in at 8 30 with more breastmilk and they are giving her a formula feed:growlmad: No call to say she's run out or anything.

OMG that's awful I'd definately be complaining about that!

Awww a babygirl :cloud9: congratulations!!

How much longer for the amnio results?...silly question I know, but are you 'okay'? :hugs:

Lottie massive :hugs::hugs: you only recently started on the clexane didnt you? Hopefully, being on that will help your placenta and help this LO to grow.

Congrats on team :pink: :happydance:

OMG that's awful I'd definately be complaining about that!

Me too :hugs::hugs: Make sure you say something so it doesn happen again!!

I had the amnio on Monday and they said it will be around 2 weeks for the results, poss a few days shorter or longer but a negative result could be a false negative so has to be confirmed by blood test at birth so a positive result is the only guarantee prenatally.

I'm not hugely surprised tbh, when the midwife felt my tummy at 13 weeks she said everything felt as she'd expect but at 19+6 she said it felt really small and she was struggling to feel baby and I've been worrying ever since especially with knowing I'm at risk of iugr.

Is there any reason why you wouldn't be able to take baby aspirin?

I hope Tashas right lottie. Xxxx

I can't take aspirin due to my asthma but I'm on Clexane (heparin) and have been for nearly 2 weeks so hopefully that will have been doing her some good. Oooo it's weird typing 'her' :wacko::wacko:

Yea it take a little while for the full effects, so hopefully two weeks time and your little miss will be catching up. :thumbup:

You&Me - Congrats! You made it back here (well the first page) quicker than I thought you would he he! :hugs:

JJ - Congrats on positive 20 week scan!

Sandi - I have said congrats on full term already...but CONGRATS again!

Lianne - Jaiden sounds just amazing and thriving. Way to go momma and bubs.

Amy - I would be complaining too. In fact I did when Lakai was in the NICU and they gave him formula without checking the freezer (which had two rubber maid containers full of milk!)!!

Lottie - Congrats on PINK. And I hope everything sorts itself out. Its such a worry...got everything crossed here for you and bubs though. Sending lots of good vibes.

Sorry if I missed anyone...it's been awhile! :hugs:

So glad you are back , but how are YOU doing? And baby?

Nice to see you back Nic, how you doing?:hugs:

Lottie, Congrats on team pink, any ideas for names?:cloud9: Sorry to hear about the growth problems, will have everything crossed for further growth scans:hugs:

I did complain about the milk, now they will be ringing me up even if its 3am:thumbup: Can't remember if I said she had to go into an isolette as she stopped maintaining her temp, but she's started to be able to do it again so should be back in a crib soon! She also took a 20min breastfeed this afternoon:happydance:

@anna due nice to hear from you, how is everyone doing in your bunch.
@you and me congrats you beat me too joining this thread LIGITAMETLY :rofl:
@ lottie congrats on team pink
@sb your still me ft hero, ahhh to dream the dream
wonder how dippy is coming along

Lottie, Congrats on team pink, any ideas for names?:cloud9:

No idea about names as OH doesn't like anything I do lol. He doesn't seem to want a gaelic name as they are 'difficult to spell and people won't know how to pronounce them' :dohh:
I looked through a non gaelic girls names page last night and he decided that Alice, Alexis and Eleanor were ok and that was about all so far so going to take a long time to draw up a shortlist this time!! :coffee: He's still being a meany and saying a firm no to Isabella even though I adore the name (and it was his Grandma's name and she was fabulous too) but he said it's too old fashioned and even his Grandma thought it was an old fashioned name so don't think I'll get him to budge on that.

Tell him you can call her izzy for short!

I like alexis. Obviously :rofl: that's what Alex was gonna be, but David wasn't having it, that was our compromise. Which was odd because I wanted my mum to call my sister Alex :wacko:

Im weighing up going to my grans today but it will take a taxi journey and a call to the mum and sister for help. :cry: it will mean though, I could pop into argos for a gym ball.

I feel awful, truly awful for complaining but if I could sit and cry all day I would. Its lovely being this pregnant but the back ache ain't no little back ache and it's a struggle to stand, I feel so stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->