Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

:rofl: I reckon you should get your OH to rush out and buy both the doll and your outfit today, you could wear it in labour :haha:

actually me and the babies are gonna have matching outfits one day, why should they get all the fun :rofl:

proper gutted i cant see the girls today at the preemie group here. foogirl, dona, 25weeker,katy1310 and lil miss lottie86 will all be there :( gutted is a word that doesnt even cut it.

It was only me, Dona, 25weeker and Gillian (Mummy to 23 weeker Lily) in the end as little Abby had a temp so couldn't go :( I've just got back and boy does my tailbone kill after over 6hrs of driving but it was fab to see people again, real shame you couldn't make it.

Just need to do a few bits round the house and then got to take Findlay back to the hospital later. Should get bumps test results back in the next few days so once they're back hopefully my consultant will book me in for growth scans so we can see if bumpity has grown since my 22wk scan, hopefully she has although my bump doesn't seem to be getting much/any bigger :(

Tasha: If you go to Babybond for an anomaly scan (19-24wks) they do lots of measuring of the baby and they were fab when I went :thumbup:

Yikes six hours of driving, hope you are okay.

I still dont have a bump hun, do you feel baby when you lay down cos I find that is more reliable, and is how I knew she was gonna be little before the scan.

Thanks for the advice hun, deffo gonna book something, I cant do this for another 17 days.

Will be thinking of you, Findlay and Bump :hugs:

I'm shattered now after the driving but just made some individual apple and cinnamon crumbles which are cooking in the oven as I thought they will be yummy, reasonably healthy as they've got lots of apple in them plus they can be reheated in the microwave at the hospital :thumbup:

I can't feel anything at all Tasha. When the midwife did my fundal height at 20 weeks she said it was much much lower than she'd expect (and so didn't write a number down) and she could hardly feel the baby so I wasn't too shocked at my 22 week scan to be told baby was measuring so far behind.

Where the heck do u find all this energy lottie?

I have got so much crap to eat, foam dolphins, a massive box of haribo rings, cookies i 'made' earlier (asda mix, i just picked out all the dark choc and swapped for wispa :rofl:.

When I get to the 23/24 week mark I go on a mad cooking spree and start making huge quantities of things to put in the freezer so I have meals prepared for when I end up on bedrest or bump turns up unexpectedly :thumbup:

LOL at swapping the choc chips for wispa, what are you like!

The sweetness blew my head off lottie lol!

Nic its true! Hows the contractions today. BABY STAY PUT!

Hey everyone :wave:

Hope you are all okay?

Oh no, not talking about food, I am so hungry today :growlmad:

Good luck Sandi and Alex today :thumbup:

^^ What Tasha said...hope it all goes well at Alex's appointment today.

Hey dani, how are you?

Hey Tasha...How's you? Any joy with finding an earlier scan?

I am great thanks...Uhhhh I don't even feel pregnant :shrug: No sickness as of yet...only thing is a bit of tiredness, I was best friends with the toilet from 4 weeks til delivery with Reagan and Amber.

I even pee'd on another stick yesterday...just to make sure :blush:

Oooooh maybe that means a blue one :winkwink: I bet your relieved but at the same time it makes you worry?

I am okay, I am just going to look around for a good price now :thumbup:

I really hope you manage to find one :flower:

It is worrying me, I only know being sick when pregnant!! :haha:

hey girls :) im so jealous that im too far away to go to your meetings!!
Nic, the lips thing does sound pretty inappropriate! i guess at least your pretty certain your having a girl though!
Good luck Sandi and Alex with your neonatal check up, hope everything goes well!!

I cant wait to get Grace home :( Im about to go to the hospital now bt when i phoned this morning they said she had a bottle last night at 11pm and then 2 tube feeds overnight and another tube feed this morning! Its so frustrating, all we are waiting for is her to take all her bottles but shes not even having half by tube yet and its been nearly 8 weeks since her first bottle. She is supposed to be on alternate bottle/tube, but shes not finishing a full bottle most of the time so pretty much every bottle feed is topped up by tube :( Her due date is a week today and i just dont see it happening :(

xx

urgh today was a bit....blah..... lottie i'll text u later hunny i think i need to gather my thoughts...

maybe i am just fulla hormones. i was pissed off enough that our appointment time was 2pm but because we arrved 'on time' and their 2.30pm woman arriived before us, she got seen first.....go figure? why bother giving us appointment times.

alex has nooooo patience..... :dohh: if DH wasnt with me i would have walked and gone home. we didnt get seen u til an hour later!

and the consultant was happy with her eating, and shes on the 25th centile now, which is great. but he went on, and on, and ON about her right side, and i dunno how many times i told him that the situation, in my eyes, has improved since she was a baby.

There was a thread on here when she was little and my video was on it, alex was kicking left leg constant and right leg didnt move.

i was really concerned back then but the problem isnt even as obvious as it was back then, Lottie and the girls have seen her and i bet they would all say its not even obvious.

but the guys banging on about it. and her omeprazole. which im telling you, we NEED or i will have to remain in the house FOREVER. Her meds have only been put up in the last two weeks and we have seen a difference. but no, this tube thinks its time to get her off it. :dohh: Like i need Alex puking when i have a newborn....

so im downhearted, hes getting the physio to get in touch and i just want to run away and hide. its not alex im upset about, its neonatal and their lovely 'positive' attitude.... (and a few things at home i dont wanna discuss but i'll be ok)

so i post on fb, and somehow someone wants to remind me that im lucky alex is 'walking' (no-one on bnb) of course i know how lucky we are, i know that! im just venting because im hurting! come on, am i not allowed? i spend most of my days trying to keep positive for everyone else on here and Bliss and IRL

im so tired of being positive, for them to shoot us down.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Sandi, I am sorry today was a bit of a nightmare, both with getting seen second and the doctors overall attitude. You know Alex best, and if you say a) that there has been an improvement, b) that she needs those meds then you are right, dont let any tell you otherwise.

As for the person saying your lucky, I know you thank your lucky stars every single day for how far Alex has come and the little miracle she is, take no notice sweetie. :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->