Pregnancy after our preemies support thread!

i was really concerned back then but the problem isnt even as obvious as it was back then, Lottie and the girls have seen her and i bet they would all say its not even obvious.

I didn't notice anything at all with her right side when she was cruising and climbing all over me at Christmas bless her. Ok I'm not a professional but she looked lovely and even to me and used both hands equally with holding things and climbs over anyone in her way equally happily in both directions.

Can you ask to see another consultant? Why on earth does he think Alex needs a physio or is that to do with him banging on about her right side?

Ahhh is that why your last FB status disappeared. That's rather rude that someone said that to you, as you say you're lucky that Alex is doing so well but it's your FB page and you can vent as and when you want about what you want.

EEK I've just realised that in 25 hours time I'll be 24 weeks and bumpity will 'legally' be a person :wacko: Part of me is reassured that when I hit 24 weeks a hospital will be legally obliged to try and help her if she turns up early but the rest of me is just getting more and more freaked out by the pregnancy as each week goes past which I don't think is being helped by my bloomin irritable uterus, as soon as I do anything other than lie down or rest off it goes with BH/contractions.

Feeling really sick tonight and just can't eat but not sure if that's because I'm so tired or if it's just because I'm so stressed at the mo and every time the phone rings between 8am and 6pm my heart races in case it's the geneticist with my test results. I'm absolutely terrified they'll come back tomorrow with bad news and they'll push me to make me make a decision within hours and start everything off as well :cry:

So will you end up getting the results tomorrow then hun? This waiting bloody sucks. I am so praying for you.
That milestone is huge, i know u mentioned ur hosp is funny about viability so this means a lot!

I have midwife tomorrow. Im intrigued as to what happens this far on?

I told DH i dont want sweeps. I cant handle the idea.

I've no idea if they'll come back tomorrow or not tbh. They said it would be about 2wks for the results when I had the amnio done and it was done 2 weeks ago this morning (feels like it's been aaaaages longer than that) so it could be anytime now but our hospital are really funny about 'decisions' after 23+6 as it then has to go to ethics boards etc for a panel of doctors to decide so I'm panicked that if the results come back tomorrow they'll force me to decide and start everything tomorrow within hours of getting the results to avoid them having to organise an ethics board etc.

At antenatal the other week the midwife mentioned about sweeps and apparently my face was a picture :haha: A couple of the women who have had them said they don't hurt at all but they sound rather uncomfy and undignified!

You'll have to let us know your fundal height tomorrow so we can adjust our 'guess the baby's weight' estimates :haha:

Well im being positive and i bet you dont even need to consider that. But whatever happens i am always here for you. :kiss:

Been up since 4am. Alex must have had a nightmare cause she was incolsolable. Was gonna sleep on my couch with her (its massive btw, not ur average couch folks :rofl: but she kept looking to see if TV had come on :rofl: afrer half an hour i popped her back into her cot.

Spitting bullets at OH who moaned about getting up. I mean WTF he'll get a break from that when i have baby and bf. He gets up with Alex because of my SPD but ffs thats all hehas to do, Alex is a good sleeper otherwise. Ive had no more than what, two naps in pregnancy. Rest? WTF is that?

Hey Sandi :wave:

Amber and I have been up since 3.30am :dohh: don't know what has happened to my normally lovely sleeping baby, can only think it is teeth!!

Men are so shit about getting up in the night...as my hubby demonstrates, still snoring his head off, and didn't even stir when Amber created!!

:flower: Lottie.

Amber created?
I hope u dont mean WHEN amber was CREATED :rofl:

I mean i give him his due, alex can wake up looking for a dummy (one of about 5 we throw in :rofl:

Tbh with every day ive horrified myself at how im gonna cope. Alex was sick last night and i just thought HOW am i gonna do this?

I havent felt BH's for a while now but im getting them now.... Eeep! They are very frequent :/

Sandi I hope you are okay. I second getting another consultant opinion if you can. I do not know what it is about the medical profession sometimes- no matter what they have to put a negative in there. You absolutely need to keep Alex on her meds just now, especially as they only starting to kick in at the new dose. Sometimes I think FB is more of a curse than a blessing- folk open their mouth and let their belly rumble. As for MW this far on? Never been there either so can't tell you but I am sure they will just have a look at you and tell you to come back in a week!

Morning girls, sounds like your little one's were being monkeys last night. I have never had a sweep Sandi, so cant reassure you about that. Lots wont even given them until 40+ weeks hun.

Lottie holding your hand hun, with everything crossed for ya.

Lesley have a great holiday :flower:

I am 22 weeks today. Five days my private scan. And stupidly achy legs.

Happy 22 weeks tasha!

So you booked a private scan then hun?

@lesley i have come to the conclusion that this was only one mans opinion. Ive seen this physio several times but she wasnt in yday. I told him she can send sone excersizes though if she felt it was neccessary but ive asked her many a times and she insists Alex is fine.
I didnt believe her the first few appointmemts but i do now. So i get some faith and this dude smashed it.

Happy 22 weeks Tasha. :flower:

Never had a sweep here either, no point when mine exit via the sunroof :dohh: Maybe Labour is close Sandi?

Somehow us mum's are built to cope with whatever is thrown our way, it takea some adjustment going from one to two kiddies, but it does get easier.

I think I have to take Reagan to the doctors, her feet kind of point outwards when she walks, and even when running...imagine a penguin?...she was discharged at 2 years, but now it has me wondering if it could maybe a mild case of CP from being preemie and she needs splints to pull them back inline?

Thank you Sandi and dani :flower:

I think that some doctors are so use to seeing the worst, that they sorta expect it from everyone Sandi. If a physio says she is fine, you say she is fine then the doctor is wrong. Being scared about having another baby is normal hun, for me Naomi-Mae was not as big an adjustment as I thought it would be.

dani, sounds as if you could do with seeing the doctor, even for just reassurance.

Yes, I booked a private anomaly scan with babybond, Sunday at 12.30pm :thumbup:

You&me i used to walk with a foot slightly inwards. I grew out of it just b4 my teens but maybe a preemie thing too?

Thing is with Alex when she talks and communicates it will be even easier to encourage use of her right side. I mean its not like she doesnt use it, shes veeeeery active!

sandi im sorry ppl are so insensitive. its ur facebok, write whateva u wany hun.

happy 22 weeks tasha

:hug: lottie

sorry if i have missed anyone xx

I mean its not like she doesnt use it, shes veeeeery active!

She did make me giggle at the Christmas party with her "You're in my way so I will climb over you to get where I want to go and noooooo I will not sit still on your lap for a cuddle as I'm busy busy busy!" attitude :haha: :haha: She's fantastic! :D

Aye but Lottie, waiting an hour in neonatal yesterday with that same kid is ooooooooooh my gooooooooooood tiring :rofl:

She never stops. The dude did mention something - he said that preemies tend to have short attention spans. He said to encourage books and things, but try and keep her involved cause she might bugger off halfway through? Has anyone had any experience of that? TBH I thought that was a general baby thing. Her attention when it comes to toys she loves is great - she has her favourites and will play for ages with them.

Alex has books - the thing is she wrecks them. I'm not kidding. She will destroy them if you leave her a second with them. ripped to shreds. I often have to give her the newspaper when we're finshed with it and we have a riot in the living room. Cue black bag and hoover afterwards :rofl: We have to use the electronic books with the lights etc. Do you think thats ok?

In fact why am I letting this man rule my head just now!!! He generalised preemies FFS. They are all different :dohh:

Sandi the man sounds like he needs to give up, pack his bags and go and live out the rest of his life in a retirement home somewhere! Im sure if there was a noticeable problem with Alex's right side you would know! if physio have already said there is nothing wrong what exactly does he think they are gonna do!? Olivia does exactly the same thing with books btw, just rips them up (any kind of paper actually.) If i try and read her a book she will pay attention for about 30 seconds then shes had enough and starts trying to destroy it!xx

I'd have thought if she can hold her attention when she's playing with toys she loves then there isn't an issue as that shows she can keep her attention on something when it's something she's interested in. After all we all find it easier to maintain our attention on things we're really interested in so why should Alex be any different?! :shrug: Your consultant really needs a smack around the head!!

Findlay has the attention span of a goldfish even with toys he loves but I am wondering if more 'issues' are starting to come to light with him as we've started to notice he is very very repetitive in some stuff he does (and woe betide you interrupt him in his ritual of opening and closing things :wacko:) so his development consultant is going to keep an eye on that as he gets older but despite all his issues and hell he has a lot of them she's never been a doom and gloom merchant like Alex's one is.

You'd really think a consultant in neonatal would know better than to try and generalise preemies :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->