Pregnancy after Preeclampsia

apricot4

Reaction score
My first pregnancy I was the picture of health beforehand but wound up with severe preeclampsia & had to have an emergency c-section at 29 weeks, baby was in the NICU for over 2 months but is fine now & is 3 1/2. I am pregnant again & in the last few years have been diagnosed with several health problems & had weight gain from them (including: fibromyalgia, hypertension, anxiety, asthma), so I'm worried I'll have preeclampsia again. I'm not due until the mid-end of Feb. 2018 & already not doing so great, so I'm worried about the hospital admitting me for bedrest & then I'll be away from my toddler, which would be heartbreaking (I'm a SAHM). What was your experience with pregnancy after preeclampsia?

Also, I really do not want a c-section if it can be helped (I do not do well at all with numbness, it causes me major anxiety, & not being able to move from the epidural made me feel like I would literally lose my mind). Has anyone had a successful VBAC after preeclampsia and an emergency c-section?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure personally.

Anyone else? x

I didn't have a section but I was induced with dd2 when I had pre e, though I was at 40 weeks, i didn't have it when I had ds 2 years later, i only had high bp with him. I'm classed as high risk this time because of that and a couple of other issues but hopefully I won't get it again x

I had severe pre-e at 33 weeks with my first, induced then EMCS.

I had gestational hypertension with DD 2 years later, no pre-e, successful VBAC induced at term (for the hypertension).

I am 40 weeks with my third today, no pre-e, no hypertension, expecting a VBAC again.

I was put on baby aspirin at 13 weeks with DD, at 15 weeks with this pregnancy. Took until 36 weeks (don't want to risk bleeding issues with labor/birth).

Good luck, if you have any questions you can ask me!

I had severe Pre E and HELLP with my first, I was 35 weeks but it had been left so long myself and my daughter were in a bad way. I was terrified next baby, but I've not had it since (having 7&8 lol). My last baby was a 27 weeker so I understand the NICU journey and it's traumatic in itself. Feel free to pm me anytime x

Ive been put on asprin this time by the dr as apparently it helps prevent high blood pressure & pre eclampsia. Mine was swinging bp for the last six weeks it reached 130/91 when they induced me at 9 days overdue. So mine obviously wasn't like yours. But maybee asprin will be offered to you at your first scan (12-36 weeks ive got to take it) x

Hello!

I am pregnant again as well after having pre-e with my last. Thankfully I didn't really develop it until the end of my pregnancy. I have had two C-sections so far so my doctor said no way to letting me vbac since I had 2 C-sections and I had complications with my last. As of now they haven't officially dubbed me "high risk" but I know I've been skirting that line :p

I would imagine it will depend on if you develop pre-e again or not. Not everyone does and they often will prescribe things as a "preventative". I know many people that have had a successful vbac. I actually planned to vbac with my last but my doctor said inducing me would bring additional risks so she recommended that if I went into labor naturally and I had no complications then I could vbac. She had me schedule a csection tho just in case.

I had pre-e and was induced at 40+4 (so it came on pretty late, but I had high blood pressure readings off and on for several weeks). I am already showing a tendency to have high BP now at 10 weeks, but I tend to run high even not pregnant so it's not too much of a concern yet.

My midwife wants me on baby aspirin from 12 weeks to 36 weeks.

I never had pre-e, but I did have gestational hypertension with my first and was induced at 37 weeks for it.

This time my midwife has put me on a baby dose of aspirin in hopes that it'll prevent high blood pressure. I'm 15 weeks now and started it yesterday, she said to take it every day until 36 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->