Pregnancy & Cats!!!!! Help, Scared!

Very interesting concept.. that's good to know!!...

Yeah My husband just called me at work and told me he cleaned the litter box himself!!! I was impressed!

Although I did clean the poop out this morning with the scooper... I didn't wear gloves.. I probably should huh ??? Didn't think I had to since I have a scooper.... Anyway.. After that I immediately washed my hands real well... along with the scooper too...

So I think I'll survive!

Very interesting concept.. that's good to know!!...

Yeah My husband just called me at work and told me he cleaned the litter box himself!!! I was impressed!

Although I did clean the poop out this morning with the scooper... I didn't wear gloves.. I probably should huh ??? Didn't think I had to since I have a scooper.... Anyway.. After that I immediately washed my hands real well... along with the scooper too...

So I think I'll survive!

My vet made it sound like I didn't need to worry too much. I am already nervous/worried about my pregnancy as it is. :)

My vet made it sound like I didn't need to worry too much. I am already nervous/worried about my pregnancy as it is. :)

I agree with you Sam!! ... We have much bigger things to be concerned with.... I still can't believe we are due the same day!! May 24th?

I agree with you Sam!! ... We have much bigger things to be concerned with.... I still can't believe we are due the same day!! May 24th?

I know. I also was looking at another thread where I think Wobbles commented that you probably held the record from going from TTC to BFP. So I looked at your old threads and saw that your FLP was Aug. 18th, same as mine. Did you conceive the first month you and your DH tried? We did.

I have 2 cats also. I am very careful to wash my hands after touching them. I also don't change the litter box. If they get on my pillow on my bed I make sure to change the pillow case just in case some fell off on it. They might have some on their paws so what ever they touch just be careful about being around it. You may already be immuned to it but just in case. Oh congrats by the way!:happydance:

I know. I also was looking at another thread where I think Wobbles commented that you probably held the record from going from TTC to BFP. So I looked at your old threads and saw that your FLP was Aug. 18th, same as mine. Did you conceive the first month you and your DH tried? We did.

Actually.. now that I think of it... Yes we did only try once... I guess We got lucky!!! Yeah it happened quick!! I can't complain! haha :happydance:

Think i as in the TTC section for about 2 days! lol

Don't worry to much hun im sure everyhing will be fine, Lots of people have cats

xxx

Thanks again Everyone....

I've decided to bring the cats to my moms house... Since before I moved thats where I lived so they are familiar with the place... I was so upset but I know its the right thing for now.. and I will eventually take them back..

I just don't want to chance anything... Thanks again, everyone for your help & support!

omg im exactly the same..my hubby and i have 2 cats indoors; he handles the kitty litter now.. about 6 months ago i had a misscarriage but before hand we got rid of the cats thinking it was the best thing to do. but this time im fine with them,..its a hard decision but friend told me i prob already have the taxmo wat eva it is haha

Actually if you have already contracted toxoplasmosis you don't need to worry about it. I am not sure where you live but in Belgium they test you in the begining of your pregnancy to see if you have it. If not they test you every month to be sure you didn't contract it while prego. I am one of the FEW people in Belgium that have not had it and have to be SUPER careful. Stay away from litter and don't allow the kitty to scratch you as they carry poo under the nails. Don't eat cheeses without unpasteurized milk and make sure all meat is cooked well. Patee is not good when prego and I think raw fish can be not good too. Pain in the butt I know but... it is worth it!
My first pregnancy in the US I don't even think the doc mentioned it to me. But here in Belgium it is HUGE.. I feel like a freak at dinner time asking what was used in the meal or if I can cook my meat a bit longer. Good luck!!!

I have had cats during both of my pregnancies and I love them to bits, I cuddled kissed and slept with them :blush: all I avoided was the litterbox and all is well! :baby:

You'll be fine babe!

I got abit worried last night because I had to move one of my cats as I found her on my bed. That wouldn't have done anything though, right?

Nothing at all, they are not the problem it is their poop that causes the problem!

I agree with Tam, as long as you stay away from the cat poop there should be no problems. Either have your OH clean out the litter box for you (which is what I did as soon as we TTC :rofl: not necessarily for those reasons though...) If you can't avoid cleaning it out just wear gloves when you do and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards. There really is no reason to get rid of your cats while pregnant.

I agree with Tam, as long as you stay away from the cat poop there should be no problems. Either have your OH clean out the litter box for you (which is what I did as soon as we TTC :rofl: not necessarily for those reasons though...) If you can't avoid cleaning it out just wear gloves when you do and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards. There really is no reason to get rid of your cats while pregnant.

I got my kittens when PG and Paul started cleaning the litterbox, and somehow I have managed to keep that trend going :lol: :baby::headspin:

Yeah I can't say I cleaned the litter box out much before TTC, if at all possible I'd wait til my DH got home and ask him to do it, but being TTC gives me a better excuse than I just don't wanna :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->