Pregnancy concerns

Rolfj

Reaction score
Hi, I am doing research for a university project on the stress and challenges woman face when falling pregnant. What problems or concerns do you have?

my biggest concern right now is making sure hoping and praying this baby is healthy and i don't miscarry again. we have conceived through IUI and it's been an expensive and emotional road to getting pregnant.

Maybe you should put more parameters in? Because that can vary greatly depending on which pregnancy people are on. Personality. Risk history etc.

With pregnancy 1 I was 33 so I was less worried about baby's health risks and more scared about labour and delivery. I was terrified and couldn't see beyond that.

With this pregnancy I'm about to turn 36 and am very concerned about baby's genetic health (I'm 7 weeks).
Whilst I am not looking forward to labour and birth (baby was facing wrong way and i had back labour) I'm worried about how I am going to cope with a toddler, a newborn and running a busy business with my husband at the busiest time of year more than that.

My primary stresses and concerns involve the health of the baby. At this point the thought of miscarriage haunts me as well.

Also, because I am going to be a first time mother I stress out about how different life is going to be, and how we are going to manage to succeed for the sake of this child. It doesn't impact how much I want this child, as I still want it very much but all the changes are rather intimidating to think about. Although as time goes by I am beginning to relax and accept that everything will work out.

Ha! Broad question as every pregnant women would probably have an endless list!

Universally speaking, I think most women stress about the following

1) health of baby: fear of miscarriage, proper progressive growth of baby, genetic/ chromosomal issues, etc

2) money: maternity leave pay ( or lack thereof), question of returning to work or not after baby is born, part time vs full time, affording stuff for baby( from diapers and formula, to dance lessons, to vacations, to college savings)

3) labor and delivery: even if its not your first, you worry about this! The unknown, when will I go into labor, how fast/long will it be, will baby be stressed in the process ( back to health of baby concerns), fear of c section or other intervention, PAIN!

Those may be a few broad bullet points, but I would bet MOST pregnant people would have those overall concerns stressing them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->