Pregnancy Group open for anyone at any stage of your pregnancy. All Welcome!

I've not really had any bad MS :wacko: Heard baby's heartbeat the other day though which helped :)

I love reading about the progress all of you are making with your pregnancies. It helps me be positive myself.

Arlene Congratulations on your positive pee stick!! BTW im lovin the grumpy mug in the background :thumbup:

Wendy I hope that you'll be in for a better 2nd tri! Obviously i can't garentee (damn it!!) as everyone's different, but finger's crossed it'll be a pleasent and easy going time for you! I just wish for myself the whole experience was like 2nd tri -sigh-

TTC Ladies :howdy: Very nice to meet you! How is everything going?

Im just starting to hit the really uncomfortable stage :( My back's buggered anyway, and i've been "confirmed" to having sciatica, which hasn't helped, but now my bump is starting to feel really tight and uncomfortable! Ely also has a tendency to push himself into the mattress when i lay on my left side which can also be quite painful. Plus im finding myself getting heart burn more often than not!! Trying to drink plenty of water in replacement of fizzy drinks, but it's not helping :growlmad: All in all not a fabby week, but finger's crossed to the next being at least a little more comfortable :flower:
Jus had my last weekend at work, 3shift's left and it's 2weeks of holiday pay, followed by maternity leave as of the 14th October :thumbup: I know October is gonna drag like a bia-tch, so to keep myself occupied with some sort out countdown im lookin forward to the release of Batman-Arkham City on the xbox 360 which is the 21st, then it'll be the final baby countdown eeekkk!!

I hope that everyone else has had a better week/weekend, and here's to an awesome week ahead \\:D/

2rockingboys, I certainly empathise with you! I have sciatica in my back and its awful! I also get heartburn each night as well. Before I was pregnant I never had heartburn at all! I really hope that October flies by for you x

Emma and 2rockinboys sorry about your back pain and heartburn. Hope you guys feel better soon.

Wendy hope 1tri gets better for you.

Rachael yay for hearing babies heart beat and I hope things are going well with the new job.

And for the rest of you ladies I hope you have all enjoyed your weekend and have a great week to come.

Wendy your nice positive friends attitude will be the reason i'm not opening my mouth just now. I know that many people are more cautious in the first 12 weeks, but I'm not going to think of what 'could' happen. I went through a horrific pregnancy with kyle and couldn't enjoy a second but I will savour every second of this one! And you should too :) (even the sore backs..:dohh::lol:)

2rockinboys I was so shocked and excited I was trying to do it quickly and grabbed the nearest thing to me :dohh: I think its a true reflection of my hormones to come in the next few months :haha: I hope october goes fast for you, sorry to hear your so uncomfortable :hugs:

Rachael and wendy are yous going to be finding out the sex?

Well I text DF (haven't used DF yet :happydance:) and told him I had a present for him, so he came home the same time both his cousins stopped by, one is 30 weeks pregnant and you could just see the pain in his face when she walked in with her big bump. Anyway after they left I called him in and gave him a gift back, he brought out a can of beer, paracetamol, chocolates (for me!), haribo then a poem, from the unborn baby announcing its presence. He got 4 lines in to it and I seen the tears hit the paper he lifted his head and just said "really?" I told him to keep reading then check the bag. Next was a babygrow that said I love my daddy, with the 2 pregnancy tests inside. He cried so hard and held me so tight :cloud9:

And I think the hormones must be flooding into my body at some rate, I was awake at half 4 this morning feeling soo ill, it took an hour to pass and longer to get back to sleep, so no doubt i'll be knackered at work! Btw I bought a moses basket that was on sale last week for a tenner, i'm so glad I actually bought it!

Oh and for anyone stocking up on nappies, the big Pampers simply dry (the newer orange ones) has just went down to £5 for the box! Its usually £10 or 2 for £18, Size 3,4+ and 5 in asda! I think it should be nationwide, so have a look out for it. I done the price change yesterday and they were flying off the shelf.

Best be off to work now! hope everyone has a good day x

Happy 4 weeks Arlene :dance:

That is such a lovely way to tell your DF! :D Bless him! My OH cried too when I told him :blush:

I will be finding out the sex, yes. Need to know so I can put some colour into things :rofl:

Work is going ok. Boring because it's training at the moment. Shouldn't complain realy though, I'm getting paid for it :haha:

As for bad backs - I'm all set for mine to get bad later on in the pregnancy as I had disc removed last year because of severe sciatica. Also been referred to a consultant at the ante natal unit because of it.

Aww Arlene what a sweet way to tell DF :)

I hope this pregnancy is easier than with Kyle so you can really enjoy it fully. I love being pregnant but I've been blessed with a really easy pregnancy so far.

Emma That's exactly how i'm thinking! I need to keep positive and as long as i'm eating right and getting plenty of rest hopefully everything will go as it should. I still panic though when I suddenly have no symptoms for a half a day or something though :haha: Think i'm a born worrier! How you feeling now? A bit better I hope. How exciting getting all the furniture! You'll have to put a pic up once you've got the nursery all finished x

Rachael Oh i'm still testing! haha. Did a digi this morning and it changed to 3+ :happydance: Think I will stop now! lol. I just like the reassurance I guess but I can't afford to keep buying tests so better stop. Oh wow! That's fab you heard the baby's heartbeat! Was that at an appointment or did you buy a doppler? x

Natasha Sorry to hear your at that uncomfortable stage, I can imagine nothing worse. I already suffer from acid reflux and heartburn so not looking forward to that getting worse with pregnancy. Have you tried drinking milk? It always helps me. Woohoo for your last week at work! Bet you can't wait to rest up a bit. Have some lazy time on the xbox, I love mine, haven't been on it for a while though cause i've become addicted to my ds :haha: x

Adrienne Thanks hun, i'm so hoping you will be joining us with your BFP soon! I have high hopes for you now you've had your op :flower: x

Arlene Aww what a lovely way to tell your DF :cry: Your making me emotional reading it! (damn hormones again :dohh: :haha:) I'm so thrilled for you both, what a fab year you are having with the engagement and now a baby on the way. Yeah I deffo want to find out the sex of buba, I can't wait! As soon as I know for sure I will be decorating the nursery, so excited! Are you going to find out? Are you hoping for a girl this time or another boy? x

Nat I so hope I have an easy pregnancy too, hopefully things will continue going smoothly for you. Has your DH had any joy finding a job? x

Well there's not a lot happening with me, eagerly awaiting my midwife appointment so she will hopefully book my scan in. I just want to know everything is ok then I can start getting really excited. I'm excited enough as it is but I know I have another level of excitment in me yet :haha: Took my last digi test this morning so not going to do any more. It's just hard keeping myself occupied until 12 weeks when all I think about is little buba. Anyway I best get on, hope you ladies are all well :flower: x

Yay for 3+ Wendy! I think that's when I finally stopped testing too. Though I may have taken another test at 8 weeks just before going for my scan just to make sure I was still pregnant :blush:

And nope, going on 4 months without a job now :( Thursday and Friday he's taking a course that will hopefully land him a job though so fx'd for next week.

ooooooooh arlene Im so excited I could burst!!! Congrats bigtime :wohoo:

Adrienne I agree all the pregnancy talks gives me positivity and everytime I hear a new BFP I could burst, the thread is starting to get luckier now :hugs:

Wendy everyone else is right, no matter what you do or think wont change the future it is what it is and you have to remain positive. Just enjoy it and dont listen to others cos its ace. I know she was probably just looking out for you but when pregnant with Cody I told my mother and she went on to tell my the statistics of miscarriage then after sed congrats jeesh thanks.

Rachael hope work is going as well as can be eeeek nearly 10 weeks :wacko:

ASFM back pain and cramps today I think I might be 3dpo today but I really dont know been a weird longer cycle this one and ran out of fertility test sticks so had to use OPK instead check out I had I think 12 high days this month. Im going back to temping next month if not pregnant Throw all your baby dust my way please

Ugh Sciatia (is that how you spell it) sorry girls sounds so sore :hugs:

xxx

2Rockinboys thank you. Im in the 2ww now super long so far this month :haha:

Urge to pee already and 10 days to go :wacko: xxx

Arlene- I am SOOOO Happy for you!!!! It is just so wonderful, and it always happens when you least expect it. Now you have two incredible things to plan and look forward to. Congrats a million times over!!

Wendy- My hubby is CRAZY! He bought me the COACH diaper bag I wanted from their new fall line. And a pillow pet, because I have been asking for one for a while now. I got him his favorite ice cream cake for his birthday and we went to dinner and movie. He said he had a great birthday. I like the ideas for your nursery. You can do a lot with zoo animals or winnie the pooh. I always look forward to doc appt's. Especially now when I get to hear baby's HB and in two weeks we have our BIG scan. I cant wait!! Just be positive and happy and excited. Dont let sad stories make you sad, just always believe that you and your baby are going to be fine.

Emma- When did you start feeling Pip move? And what did it feel like? I mean how did you know it wasn't just gas or digestion??

Rachael- Its always nice to hear baby's HB. Such a beautiful sound!

Wantingagirl-LOADS of babydust to you!!:dust:

All ladies from the TTC thread, its so nice to hear from you. Happy to see you joining us!! BABYDUST TO ALL OF YOU!!!

AFM- This weekend was fun. We did dinner and a movie for my husbands birthday. We saw Abduction which was REALLY good, and who doesn't like taylor without a shirt on lol. It was just nice for my husband to be home. I found out I only have 14 classes left until I have my bachelors degree. It has taken me WAY to long to get my degree and 14 classes seems like nothing at this point. So I am excited to be crossing them off the list one by one. My husband and I have already decided I will not be working for atleast the first year after the baby is born. So I will be able to spend all my time on the baby and completing my school work. Hope everyone has a nice week. Sorry it took me a while to catch up.

Hi ladies,

Shona- Do not pee!! lol, you can hold in there hun! I have everything crossed for you! The thread has become rather lucky recently and I am glad it is helping all you ttc ladies :hugs:

Natalie- Sorry to hear your oh still hasnt got work. I am sure this course will bring plenty of opportunitues. I am a firm believer that things always work out in the end and usually for the better. I saw your picture on fb the other day and your bump is adorable!

Rachael- I am fortunate at the minute that the sciatica isnt too bad but they think it is going to get worse as I get bigger :( I have my fingers crossed that you wont have any back problems as I think you have had your fair share lol

Carly- The movements at first were difficult to define if they were the baby or not. Once you feel it you will know it is the baby, its like butterflies nothing like gas or anything else. I can barely even explain it. When you try and explain what you are feeling to your oh and cant that is when it is your baby moving. I started getting the flutters around 16 weeks and now I get full on thumps lol. So glad to hear your degree is nearly over and glad you had a fab weekend :hugs:

Wendy- I still panic now about things being wrong. All last week I was concerned as I didnt feel her move but it was purely because I was so busy I never noticed her move lol. She is certainly fine in there as she has been moving around loads the past few days taking all my energy :haha: I am feeling rubbish! Went to work this morning and am now home in bed! I will put up pictures once I have the room painted etc.

Arlene- Wow thats a lovely way to tell the oh!! I am not surprised them nappies are flying off the shelf! thats really cheap. I have started stocking up on stuff already. Each monthly shop I am doing online I am finding the cheapest items and ordering them. Hopefully this pregnancy will be a lot easier for you :hugs:

I hope everyone else is ok. It has taken me an hour to write this post so far!! I have come home from work as I feel rubbish!! whatever it is that I have has well and truely battered me today and I just cant cope with it! I feel and sound so pathetic! Usually I would work through anything like this but due to not being able to take anything I feel awful!

Anyway, time to spend another hour trying to think of a shopping list for the oh!!

Hope you feel better soon Emma :hugs:

Shona (Wantingagirl) has lent me her doppler, so I used that and found the heartbeat! Still not had a scan date through. Another week and I'll be chasing it again :dohh:

arlene what a lovely surprize for your hubby <3 When i told OH about this pregnancy, he walked in from work and i jus said, "Guess what!!? We're pregnant!", and he gave me a big hug shouted "YAAAAAAAAAAY" and picked up our son and jumped around the lounge with him telling him he was gonna be a big brother lol. Then 5mins later i went to work, such is life :wacko:

Rachael oh my ouch!! you poor thing!! I hope they've taken your bad back into consideration already with advice/ pain killers ready set go??

Wendy yes, i've been forcing milk down (not a fan unless it's in cereal, coffee or chocolate form lol) but it's not helped -sigh- I dont find that the tablets help either, but i dont want the liquid form, it's just too yuck to think about let alone consume :sick:

wantingagirl sorry but im not very good with alot of the text type stuff, what does 2ww mean?? :dust: Lucky dust :dust:

Unfortunatly my high hopes of having a better week this week all came crashing down when i saw the midwife today! When she tested my pee she said there was trace protine, so it's been sent off and i've gotta ring for results at the end of the week, which is naff as i wont be able to get my test results untill after 2pm and im gonna be on a train on my way to portsmouth to visit my friends and my mum (which im already dreading after the conversation i had with her yesterday, my mum does my head in!)
The midwife wanted me to make an appointment to see her this comming monday as she worried about the lack of growth when she measured my bump, though im not coming back from portsmouth untill tuesday, which is bloody typical, the ONE weekend i'll be away and i should really be here!! So i've been booked into another clinic for next thursday to check my growth as she doesnt want to wait 2weeks. So im kinda really worried about it, especially as she kept asking me if i was feeling plenty of movements, and if i was eating right?!! Then she kept feeling my tummy over and over, im pretty sure that SHE's not even sure how he's laying at the moment the way she kept doin it, and im really freaked out, which is new as im usually pretty relaxed and easy going with pretty much everything you throw at me!! She also said that i need to get lot's of rest and relaxation as having an active job and active 2year old probably isn't helping?!! WTF?? Am i jus supposed to push him into daycare or something (not that i can afford it!) Im finishing work on thursday anyway, though they covered my shift for tonight and tomorrow because i told them i couldn't cope with going in tonight, so thursday is my only shift left now! It's so crap, i just wish there was something more i could do, take a pill, eat certain thing's, i dunno, anything more than having to sit on my arse and get fat :cry: All in all not a good start to my week, and it's going to slightly ruin my time in portsmouth as i'll jus have it niggling away in the back of my mind :growlmad:

Oh Natasha that sounds very worrying :hugs: I hope it all turns out to be ok in the end.

Emma I hope you feel better soon.

Nat That sounds like me, just like to check to be sure I am actually pregnant :haha: I bet I do the same before my scan! I will keep everything crossed for your DH next week, hopefully this will lead to a permanent job. I know it would be a weight off both of your minds :hugs: x

Shona Thanks hun, I don't know why some people have to go on about the risks etc, it's not like we don't already know about them! Hopefully this will be a quick 2ww for your :flower: x

Carly Aww how nice of your hubby to spoil you like that. It's nice to feel appreciated :) Glad he had a good birthday too. Ooh not long at all until the big scan! How exciting! & it sounds like it wont be long until you have your degree too. Lovely to hear everything is coming together for you :flower: x

Emma Sorry to hear your still feeling poorly, there's nothing worse. When will you start your maternity leave? Bet you can't wait for it! Although I did see your facebook status and that's bad you have no say in who will be doing your work. Even if they wanted this other person to take the interview they could still have left you sit in and give an opinion on the applicants seen as its you who may have to work with them long term! Hope everything works out in the end :hugs: x

Rachael Aww how fab! I am so getting a doppler. I know it will be a while before I hear anything but no doubt I will keep trying until I do lol. I thought you would have had your scan date by now seen as your only a couple of weeks away! Fingers crossed it will arrive soon x

Natasha Aww that sucks the milk hasn't helped. The other good things are plain digestive discuits and refreshers sweets. You know the round fizzy kind of sweets? They are chalky texture and really help (they taste yummy too). Sorry to hear your appointment didn't go as well as you hoped, there's nothing worse than going away with that on your mind. I am sure everything will be fine hun, I have a friend who went through a similar thing and they were constantly measuring the baby but she turned out just perfect and a normal weight. I am sure yours will be the same :hugs: x

Well this morning was the worst i've felt sicky wise but thankfully it is passing now and I haven't actually been sick. The other annoying thing is my nipples are all pealing for some reason and feel like they are on fire! Hopefully that will ease soon. On a nice note hubby's mum and dad have offered to buy our pram for us so that's exciting! When did/are you girls going to buy yours? I am guessing it's probably best to wait until the 20 week scan. It's exciting though! My sister wants to buy the cot and my brother the mosses basket so this little buba is already spoiled :haha: Anyway back to work for me, speak soon :flower: x

Thanx ladies :hugs: Im finding myself keeping more of a mental note of all of Ely's movement's, but it's just a case of having to wait and see what happend's!! I knew i wasn't as big as i was with my first son (he was 9lbs half an ounce and 54cm long, 12days late, long labour!) so i wasn't expecting this baby to be as big, but to not grow at all in 2week's does worry me :wacko:
Mmmmm biscuits and refreshers you say?? Might have to give that a go regardless of heartburn :)
Have you tried ginger for the sick feeling?? Ginger biscuit's helped me in my first pregnancy :flower:

We got our baby chariot at the end of August, so about 30week's ish as were doin a BIG investment each month with my OH's pay. So buggy last month, today Dyson animal (oh yeah!! proud Dyson owner lol) next month will be a buggy board, new fridge and extra bedding set for Ely (as he'll be getting Auron's cot/todler bed) and end of November will be Auron's new bed (lightning mcqueen cars bed with duvet pillow and sheets ect) as Ely will probably be growing out of the moses basket by then!! It's the plan anyway!! Oh, and the buggy we got is the Petit Star Kurvi 4 Match Plus in red :happydance:

Attachments

• kurvi_positions.jpg
    kurvi_positions.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 4
Not bought our pram yet but we will be looking to buy it after the scan. My sister is buying us our Moses Basket :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->