Pregnancy insomnia, go away!

Jaggersmommy

Mom of 2 little dudes
Reaction score
So, this is my third pregnancy and I'm finding it quite relaxing compared to my past two. No morning sickness, not peeing all the time (yet!), no headaches. The one thing I'm sick of though is the insomnia. I'm tired from the time I wake up until the time my head hits the pillow, but then I'm wide awake and pestering my husband. Lol. All I want to do is talk and play around and he will even go to extremes and ask me if he needs to get me chocolate or something so I can relax. Lol. I sleep like crap, I wake up hot a million times, and when I wake up to take my son to school it's all over. There's no going back to sleep. It's like I have restless body syndrome, not just the legs. Lol. I just want to flail around like a toddler throwing a fit until I fall asleep. Anyone else dealing with pregnancy insomnia??

I'm having a hard time sleeping also. I get really tired but my legs keep me awake. Stupid restless legs syndrome lol Also I go from hot to cold to hot etc pretty quickly which doesn't help.

I can fall asleep but whenever I wake to use the loo (about 3 times) my mind switches on and I can't fall asleep again for ages. Last night I spent 30 minutes racked with guilt because I left home at 21 (I'm 33 now) 😂 My mind is just too active, I think it's probably because this one wasn't plannned and I'm a little anxious!

Same. #3 and I'm so tired, fall asleep easily but then wake around 1-2 and can't go back to sleep, and then I started feeling sick and need to eat!

I can fall asleep but whenever I wake to use the loo (about 3 times) my mind switches on and I can't fall asleep again for ages. Last night I spent 30 minutes racked with guilt because I left home at 21 (I'm 33 now) 😂 My mind is just too active, I think it's probably because this one wasn't plannned and I'm a little anxious!

This is me

Insomnia has been my worst enemy this pregnancy, more so than the sickness. At 10 weeks it is still going strong. Just looking forward to the second trimester and feeling better.

I've found that now, when I do fall asleep I sleep HARD! Lol. My full bladder can't even wake me up and is busting at the seams in the morning. Haha!! I'm now at 8 weeks and still haven't had any morning sickness other than at times I'm a little queasy and vertigo hits me harder than normal. I had strep throats last week and didn't even know it. I'm a bartender and I spend 8 hours on my feet without a break every day. Thank god we have a good ventilation system in there or is be forced to quit. But all these drunks run my energy tank empty, then I go home and have to chase my two boys around and serve them the rest of the night. I get off at 6pm. But still, when I lay down it takes me a good hour or two staring at my ceiling or bothering my husband before I finally fall asleep. Jeez, it's crazy how different every pregnancy can be!

I've had insomnia throughout the first trimester of allllllllll of my pregnancies. Ugh. I definitely understand what you're going through. I tend to watch old re-runs or play games on my phone all night long when I'm going through it. I've been catching up on my sleep and THEN some for about a month now. I sleep 11 hours easily, and I could keep on sleeping if my kids would let me. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->