Pregnancy moaners

Jenpops

Reaction score
'I can now add heartburn to my list of pregnancy moans and groans' quote by Facebook friend

Arrrggghhhhh shut up!

Makes me so mad when people moan about being pregnant as I clutch my very empty belly every night wishing it was me :( :growlmad:

While I totally understand how hard it is for ttc or wtt ladies who are trying for no1 being pregnant is hard.
I was ttc for 2.5 years I had multiple complications during my pregnancy. I wanted my baby more than anything but I did whinge a bit.
I had severe pregnancy sickness and heartburn was awful. I swore I would never moan about pregnancy symptoms but I did.
And you will too.
Regardless of how much you want the baby or how long you are trying if you are suffering you will whinge.

I use to have a friend (not friends anymore) who constantly moaned!! She put a sh*try status up once because we were suppose to be going out for dinner & i was running late so she had to wait for me & of course she couldn't wait because she was pregnant!! It ended in a bit of a tiff on fb for all to see!! She used the line "when your pregnant you will understand".. This is one of the main reasons i never put my pregnancy on fb lol!
how long are u wtt? :hugs:

I must admit, I did moan a bit too. Not hugely on fb but that's mainly because I put very little on there now. And my moaning got a lot worse once I went overdue. I felt really guilty for moaning as I have friends who are struggling to conceive, but sometime you just can't help getting grumpy. Lol. I blame it on the hormones!!

Oh dear didn't mean to offend or cause a divide between mummies and want to be mummies!

I totally understand how uncomfortable you must feel, im just being honest at how annoying that is to my present situation.
I of course will moan at the time! I moan about everything, however thinks hubs will be very quick to remind me just how much I moaned before we could try and probably shut me up!

Just a little jealous is all, having dinner with pregnant lady next month and expecting a lot of baby chat, hope it shuffles DH along a little :)
Xcharx....waiting until December 2014, coming off BCP August so hoping to maybe NTNP for a little but not sure if ill manage to coax DH into that! You have got so little time left! How exiting that must be :)

I think it's a bit unfair to expect people to constantly keep in mind everyone else before talking about/posting about things. When people feel something like morning sickness or heartburn they can't help feeling it (although I am not a fan of facebook moaners in general). My cousin said pregnancy was rubbish but she adores her daughter now she is here. I'm not sure it would have been good for her to pretend to love pregnancy when she didn't. She loves the end result and that's all that matters really.

I was the biggest moaner when I was pregnant. Not publicly but to family and friends and even customers at work, it got to a point where people stopped asking how it was going because every week there was a new complaint. Headache, nausea, back ache, beached whale, stinging foof, lack of sleep, can't see my feet the list was endless!!

Having said that I can't wait to moan all over again :cloud9:. It never bothered me before DD as I was never that broody but it does bother me now to see people moan, even though I know full well I'll be moaning along with the best of them.

Try not to let it get to you, I know it seems unfair now but your time to moan will come, and when it does you can fully embrace it :hugs:

I agree. It strikes a nerve, doesn't it? Obviously because WE don't have babies. I know I'll be a moaner when I'm pregnant and other people will probably be jealous of me or annoyed by me. But for now, I am the one missing out on those pregnancy things, so those statuses are upsetting. I totally get where you're coming from!

I know how you feel. There's 3 people I know who are pregnant that never wanted to be. They got pregnant for the wrong reasons and now complain on fb about it.

I understand where you are coming from, but being fair. It is really hard work to grow a baby in your belly. It sometimes physically drains you and eventhough we complain it doesn't necessarily mean we don't want the baby. But like everybody, pregnant ladies are allowed to mention how they feel if it gets tough. They can't always take all the meds to get rid of the discomfort like people who are not pregnant. I would suggest if you don't like her remarks then unsubscribe to her posts in the meanwhile.

Hope you will feel better soon.

Being pregnant kind of really does suck. I felt the same way as most of the pps when I was ttc for 3 years, but I was completely miserable and sleep deprived during my entire pregnancy. I HATED hearing people whine, and I think I was worse than anyone about it myself. Now that I'm not pregnant, I'm back to hating the whiners. It's a never ending cycle, I guess.

Jenpops, I understand and agree. I am sure being pregnant must be difficult, but to me it's like complaining that your legs are tired from walking to a friend who can't walk.

There is nothing offensive about what you said and you have every right to feel annoyed by the complaining.

However, your friend is probably not thinking about you directly when she is posting and you can't expect her to. If it upsets you, hide her posts or unfriend her.

I basically avoid facebook (or as my sister call it babybook) and stick to the places online I know I can find the support I need.

Thing is though they are not complaining about being pregnant, they are complaining about how it's making them feel.

People complain about being hung over right? In guessing you have been hung over your self at some point?

Pregnancy is like a 9 month hangover only with a load of other illnesses thrown in.

I know what you mean I get annoyed when people complain about pregnancy to! After my mmc I got even more annoyed by it & hid everyone who did moan as I just couldn't bare it at the time! I swore I wouldn't moan about pregnancy after that & I kept to my word even though I had quite a rough pregnancy I was terrified it wouldn't last so was happy to take on every last ache & pain as long as I got a healthy baby out of it xx

I loved it all too Camlet. It wasn't meant to be but I am glad I enjoyed every moment regardless of how I felt. I didn't have a lot of symptoms but I did get pretty bloated. I smiled every time I felt something.

My sister has been ttc for over 6 years. To me that is something to complain about. I can totally do 9 months of discomfort over 6 years of agony.

I moaned during my pregnancy, in fact I didn't enjoy it at all. It is a massive strain on the body but it didn't mean I didn't appreciate what I was about to have. If I have more, id expect more moaning about it :)

I guess for me it just depends on the extent of the moaning.
If it's an occasional "Gah this heartburn is horrible" that's one thing. But going overboard and updating almost every hour about how horrible the pregnancy is, that's something entirely different.
Either way, I just roll my eyes, and hide the person's posts if they get too overboard. I know I moaned a bit with my first pregnancy, so I can't really begrudge others for doing the same thing.

I guess for me it just depends on the extent of the moaning.
If it's an occasional "Gah this heartburn is horrible" that's one thing. But going overboard and updating almost every hour about how horrible the pregnancy is, that's something entirely different.
Either way, I just roll my eyes, and hide the person's posts if they get too overboard. I know I moaned a bit with my first pregnancy, so I can't really begrudge others for doing the same thing.

This is how I feel too. I get the odd comment here and there and am not offended but I have heard people who keep lists and complain daily about 'one more thing to add to my list'. It's not like these are high risk issues or anything that actually needs to be monitored and these people are often very early in their pregnancies. I cannot handle 9 months of nothing but complaining from someone who has no idea how lucky they are to have gotten a bfp in the first place. So I hide them too.

Also it's one thing to complain to DH about gas or heartburn or something but to announce it all on facebook or in ttc forums is not cool at all.

I have known some women who are way over the top when moaning but pregnancy is tough no matter what. In the later stages it can become very difficult. I had an extremely difficult pregnancy and almost lost my son. I was thankful for every day he was in my womb but heartburn was a real problem (I didn't realise just how bad it could get when pregnant). I didn't really suffer aches and pains wise but getting up was a bit of a job.

I understand it is very tough when you are waiting, like others we waited then TTC'd for 2 years but pregnant women have a right to moan too. Just ignore it because one day it will be you and it will come quicker than you think :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->